is a PSP game released in Japan on November 12, 2009; and in the United States on May 25, 2010. It is a collaboration between Sting
The game takes place in a world named Berge, which is divided into two sides; the "Lustrous" side, the world of no night, and the "Darkness" side, the world of no day. This game has 2 main protagonists: Cecilia (Light) and Levant (Dark).
The game's uniqueness lies in the scale of creation and destruction where each action the player makes will cause the balance to change and will determine the ending
And as a side note, this game is not a part of the Dept Heaven
Tropes in this game:
- Absurdly-Spacious Sewer: Cecilia's very first dungeon.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: In the Destruction ending, the main character you choose becomes the new God of Creation since the old God of Creation is dead.
- Bittersweet Ending: The Destruction ending.
- Big Bad: Azul and Faust.
- BFS: Rafael and Bahn's Ragnafact.
- BFG: Cecilia's Ragnafact, really a staff.
- Bifurcated Weapon: Axel's spear can be split into two short swords.
- Breakable Weapons: If it's not a Ragnafact, it's one of these. Though, some are pretty powerful despite this...
- Boisterous Bruiser: Griek. Arguably, also Ignus.
- Bonus Boss: Phantasma 0.
- Crowning Musicof Awesome: Fallen Paradise
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Every Final Boss in this game is a god.
- Evil Laugh/Laughing Mad: Faust sure loves doing this.
- Evil Plan: Faust destroys the balance to revert everything back to chaos. He Chessmasters the heroes and the villains alike, collects the Stigald fragments so nobody can put it together again, and has no less than a third of the main cast Brainwashed and Crazy at one point or another.}}
- Eleventh Hour Ranger: Axel
- Expy: Luffina is possibly one of Lina; Azul is an extra-sadistic Nessiah.
- Five-Bad Band
- God Is Evil: The Goddess of Creation Norvia is hinted to be this in the True ending.
- Gods Need Prayer Badly: They'll only move if the humans truly wish for it.
- Gratuitous English: Hello!? Sting game!
- Heroic Bastard: Irene, a female example.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Bahn. And in the True ending, Ralu, Ulu, and Alu.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The famous ones are:
- Humongous Mecha: Every Phantasma is this. The newer it is, the bigger it gets.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Cecilia.
- Item Crafting: Fusion.
- La Résistance: Argent.
- Leave No Survivors: Axel ordered all of his troops to kill all the residents of the Spirit Forest; his Moral Event Horizon.
- Love Makes You Evil: Natulle's death makes Axel evil, or so everyone thought. Turns out Axel and Natulle are actually Brainwashed and Crazy.
- Limit Break: Force Burst.
- Mad Scientist: Faust.
- Make My Monster Grow: Axel, in the final battle against him.
- Mysterious Waif: Philia, with shades of Cloud Cuckoo Lander.
- Numerical Hard: Hard Mode. Every enemy's status is doubled, including the Final Boss.
- Obviously Evil: How come Levant and Irene never suspect Faust to be evil?
- Odd Couple: Axel and Natulle.
- Older Than They Look: Most of the cast.
- Parental Abandonment: Cecilia. Her mother, Therese, was killed by Azul.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Azul, and the main characters in the True ending.
- Redemption Equals Death: Bahn.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Levant is the wielder of the Crimson Sword and Axel is the wielder of the Azure Spear.
- Reincarnation: Every Hexyz is the successor of the Force Divinities.
- Generation Xerox: Also, according to Philia, the current Hexyz's personalities are no different from the originals.
- Satan: The God of Destruction Delgaia.
- Saintly Church: The Temple of Palfina.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Levant.
- Sequel Hook: The True ending.
- Spanner in the Works: Who knew feeding a dying man in the giant worm's belly would be the first step in derailing Faust's Evil Plan?
- Storming the Castle: Though not "storm" so much as "teleport in."
- Stripperific: Velvet's outfit.
- Take a Third Option: Our heroes try to pull this in the True ending, though Azul isn't very happy about this.
- The Dragon: Bahn.
- The Man Behind the Man: Faust is behind Virtus, Axel is behind Faust, then it turns out that Faust is actually behind Axel, and Azul is behind EVERYONE! ...Then it turns out Faust is also behind Azul.
- Tragic Monster: Almost everyone on the side of destruction: Bahn, Axel, and Natulle.
- True Final Boss: Force Necrius.
- Token Mini-Moe: Ciel in Levant's party and Luffina in Cecilia's party.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Levant is the very first mutated being Faust ever created. When he was young, Levant and Irene tried to climb Fort Faulken together, but he tripped and fell to the ground, leaving her behind. Faust experimented on his body afterward.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: You can deny the starving man vittles, water a living cactus with Mercury and have it die, leave most of the elves in the burning forest left to die, likewise with the soldiers in Fort Faulken, and kill the God of Creation.
- Visual Initiative Queue
- Wave Motion Gun and Sword: The Divine Mechanism Grendle and the Dark Sword Revalens.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Azul and Axel.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Each Final Boss has the power of Creation and Destruction.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Luffina