Okay, now you're just being silly.
Gain the power of Flight
... through your hair! No doubt Everything's Better with Spinning
See Heli Critter
for animal examples. See also Hair Wings
for less spinning, more flapping variation.
to Instant Flight, Just Add Spinning
, Mercury's Wings
is a sister trope. Compare Hat Of Flight
and Prehensile Hair
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- In the Hentai manga Petit Roid 3, Kirara is a Robot Girl with Prehensile Hair that she can put to many uses, including creating a pair of rotors to fly.
- Buffalo from One Piece has hair in the shape of a propeller which he can rapidly rotate, thanks to him eating the Spin-Spin Fruit, and fly through the air. He has propellers on his feet too to keep him stable.
Films — Live-Action
- Spy Kids: Gerti Giggles' pigtails can spin in circles, giving her this ability.
- Donkey Kong Country:
- Rayman: One of the title hero's trademark abilities is to spin his hair like helicopter blades, giving him limited gliding ability (and in some games, genuine flight).
- Earthworm Jim: Jim uses his head instead of hair, but it serves the same purpose.
- In The Adventures of Lomax, the plume of Lomax's helmet can work like this if you have the proper ability.