A Japanese drama that ran in 2009. Six episodes were made of this story that was based on a manga.
Katsuko is a temp worker who loves the manga and anime Rose of Versailles
. When the vice-president of the company she works at, invents ridiculous cost-cutting methods, she fights him every step of the way. She is inspired to do so by Oscar, the main character of Rose of Versailles.
This show provides examples of:
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Katsuko imagines those with a better position in the company as such.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Fits this trope perfectly.
- Betty and Veronica: Igarashi is Veronica. Uchimaru is a very nice Betty.
- Charged Attack Whenever Katsuko gets really pissed, she imagines Oscar charging the Bastille and then 'charges' in her own way.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Katsuko has her moments of spacing out, but is only a mild version of this.
- Cool Old Guy: Sato Katsuhiro
- God Save Us from the Queen: Seems to be averted at first, since the woman Katsuko imagines as Queen Marie Antoinette is nice to her. But then she turns out to have her own agenda.
- Love Triangle: Igarashi/Katsuko/Uchimura
- Marie Antoinette: Appears in manga-form, but also in Katsuko's imagination.
- The Mole
- Pet the Dog: When Igarashi secretly fixes Katsuko's tire.
- Show Within a Show: Rose of Versailles plays a very important part in the plot. Not only is Katsuko inspired by it, but panels from the manga are often shown. Her interest in manga also brings her into contact with Tawara An.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Between Igarashi and Katsuko.