Grand Theft Auto Escanaba
Grand Theft Auto: Escanaba
is a 2005 web original film made in 3D Movie Maker by Clinton Moore and Carl Daisy (AKA Party Toast Productions), being a little over half an hour (in the case of the full version). It stars Canadian illegal immigrant Jean-Luc LeMans joining two regular characters in Party Toast's other works, Jose Maria McKenny and Johnny Cash
. Whether or not its the same Johnny Cash that died in 2003 isn't exactly clear.
Shortly after joining and doing a few missions from the two, Jean leads the trio over to Roger Wilco, where they then take care of Rambo Star and a rival gang led by Lance. While Rambo was stated to be a killer trying to take over Escanaba, it's not exactly clear what
Lance's intentions are.
Youtube has a shortened version from the creator: Part one
, part two
, part three
. Bewarned that the movie is NSFW in terms in swearing and violence. A quick Google search shows that the full version is somewhere around Myspace. See also the Nickelodeon series
This provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: The two creators show up as 3DMM models near the end for a party, along with who might be Carl's siblings, and some guy named Rubin.
- Buffy Speak: A certain type of bomb is only reffered to as a "gradually lighting up bomb".
- Cluster F-Bomb: Very frequent.
- Defictionalization: A fake PS3 was used to trick Lance. A mere one year later, the actual PS3 was announced. Kind of creepy.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Explosions are used rather freqently, Jose even reccomends that Jean throws out his gun in favor of using bombs.
- Theme Naming: It may or may not be intentional that all three names of the trio start with a "J".