Georgina "Georgie" Henley (born 1995) is an English actress from Ilkley in Yorkshire
. She is best known for playing Lucy Pevensie in the Chronicles of Narnia
film series, a role which earned her many awards. She has matured over the course of the movies, turning from a child actress into a stunning young lady
She also appeared as the young Jane Eyre in the 2006 BBC adaptation of Jane Eyre
In 2011, Henley got the role as Beth in the upcoming crime-drama Perfect Sisters
, a film that is based on the true story about two Canadian teenaged sisters who killed their mother. The film is scheduled for release in 2012.
This actor provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Especially with glasses◊.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Dyed her hair almost black for Perfect Sisters.
- Genki Girl
- Goth: As Beth in Perfect Sisters.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With far older people who directed the movie or actors like William Moseley, Ben Barnes, Andrew Adamson, James Mcavoy, Liam Neeson and Tilda Swinton. Even more obvious when she was around 10-14 years old and got along nicely with all of them.
- Like Brother and Sister: With William Moseley, Skandar Keynes and Ben Barnes, despite all the rumors.
- Motor Mouth: All the time, especially when she was a kid. During the commentaries and behind the scenes, her co-star, Skandar Keynes could be heard saying ''shut up''.
- Playing Against Type: She's known for playing nice, innocent characters. Then she plays the goth, murderous Beth in Perfect Sisters.
- Plucky Girl
- The Prankster: Especially as a child.
- Precocious Crush: Implied, on her co-star who played her older brother, in their young years. She constantly mentioned him in the audio commentaries, tried to attract his attention and she mentioned how she missed him the most. The film's executors also named one of the commentaries Georgie Loves Skandar.
- Progressively Prettier
- Real-Life Relative: Grown-up Lucy Pevensie at the end of the first movie was actually played by her older sister, Rachael Henley.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Sarcastic Skandar and joyous Georgie. All the time.
- She Is All Grown Up: And a radical change, nonetheless.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: With Skandar Keynes. They constantly used to bicker or protest against each other, a fact that was obvious from the audio commentaries. Her pluckiness also determined him to be a Deadpan Snarker around her.