avatars of GameChap (l) and Bertie (r), in the SkyBlock Rumble map
GameChap: I say what ho, chaps and chappettes! GameChap and Bertie here!
GameChap is the name of one of a duo (named AdamzoneTopMarks
) dedicated to creating game mod reviews. The two make various Minecraft
, and other miscellaneous videograms
; esually detailing whatever patch or interesting mod they find. The duo's British accents and over-the-top reactions to events (such as any effect of the Herobrine mod) make each video one CMOF
Their YouTube channel can be found here.
Be warned; you will laugh.
Recently, they have made their own forum, which can be found right here.
- Artifact of Doom: Squiddington's flower; a yellow flower that resides next to Squiddington's small pond. Removing it causes him to fly into a rage.
- Berserk Button: In at least one video, Bertie has had an explosive tantrum at seeing circles in Minecraft.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Blue bally blazes, Squiddington. DO NOT MAKE HIM MAD.
- Brown Note: People watching have reported going into a cold sweat from listening to them talk.
- Call Back: In episode 16 of Survival Island, Game Chap has a nightmare in which Bertie becomes a creeper and kills him. As of late, this has been showing up a ton, such as Bertie making a hissing noise on occasion.
- Catch Phrase: "I say what-ho, chaps and chappettes!" is said at the beginning of every video.
- And Bertie's "YES!"
- "Until thennnnnn..." at the end of each video.
- Characterization Marches On: GameChap was the Gentleman Adventurer who rose at the sight of adventure in a heartbeat, and Bertie was the calmer, more reluctant sane half. Seems they sort have switched roles.
- Christmas Episode: Recently they have made a Minecraft version of A Christmas Carol, which may be enjoyed here. Sadly, neither Game Chap or Bertie appear in it themselves.
- Deus ex Machina: In a way, Squiddington. He clearly is some kind of Reality Warper, at least.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Bertie is revealed to be this in the Mob Talker mod spotlights. GameChap, not so much.
- Disproportionate Retribution: If Squiddington gets even SLIGHTLY ticked off, he destroys or damages(or VANISHES) Game Chap's house, regardless of whether or not he was actually involved in the incident.
- Doom Magnet: That poor NPC village.
- And GameChap's house.
- GameChap himself is becoming one a bit. After revealing that SMP now has Hardcore, in which death=ban, Bertie promptly kills GameChap, who is in Hardcore, by summoning a creeper, destroying the village in the process.
- Drives Like Crazy: Bertie. Gee, who would've thought?
Bertie: "I'm in a Bentley, I'm always driving the right way!"
Gamechap: "Mental note: Never, ever let Bertie drive a car in real life, I say!"
- Early Installment Weirdness: Hard to believe but in older videos like Quest for the Golden Monocle, GameChap would be told by Bertie of all people to calm down, as it was GameChap who would be into the spirit of adventure. Also there were times where if Bertie was stuck, GameChap would actually leave him.
- Eldritch Abomination: Squiddington. Just don't make him angry.
- As one commentator notes, Even HEROBRINE doesn't dare to touch him.
- Fanservice: They are known to use sexualized fanservice in their youtube thumbnails and descriptions, despite the content of the actual video itself.
- For Great Justice: The Golden Sword of Justice in the Minecraft videos.
- And as of late, the links in the description to their Twitter and such are called "Links Of Justice".
- Gentleman Adventurer: Both of them.
- High-Class Glass: Again, both of them, as you can see above.
- Lighter and Softer: Their Sim City videos, which don't feature explosions, wild car chases, or other intense disasters. Yet.
- Bertie is dead-set on getting a nuclear power plant. Oh dear.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Dear Notch, Bertie.
- Oh, Crap: Bertie's reactions to hearing anything about Herobrine updates pretty much boils down to this.
- Once an Episode: Bertie usually blows something up accidentally in each Minecraft video.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: In part 1 of their Sea Of Flame playthrough, Bertie switches to a redneck accent while jumping towards the first tree. Also lampshaded by Gamechap:
Gamechap: "Uhh, Bertie, Bertie, since when did you become a Texan, I say?"
- Bertie has a habit of doing this, as mentioned under Man of a Thousand Voices. He tends to act as several different characters, depending on the videogram, most of which have different accents.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Again, Bertie.
- In Steve Gets Sued, Bertie shows up at the last second to defend his case. The defense? A FREAKING GHAST.
- Pun: Every video tends to end with Bertie making a pun, and as of late, Bertie also makes a pun during the vid.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: Indubitably so.
- Running Gag: Herobrine and Bertie blowing the village up, while somehow not killing the mayor.
- Also, Bertie opening doors by smashing them, usually followed by a remark from GameChap.
- And somehow, Bertie always manages to find something or someone else at fault whenever he does something wrong.
- When they find a bug, Bertie will scream "BUUUGS!"
- Lately, Bertie has shown an obsession with gerbils.
- Schmuck Bait: Every lever. And Bertie always takes it.
- Stock British Phrases
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Too Dumb to Live: Anyone who lets Bertie near any form of lever, switch, button, or tripwire deserves to have the landscape blown up.
- Vocal Evolution: The duo's voices were both deeper and slower, sounding like actual gentlemen, over time their voices have sped up and gone higher in pitch, intended for Rule of Funny.
- Walking Disaster Area: At the end of nearly every video, something bad happens, usually involving bombs, and often caused at least indirectly by Bertie. Herobrine's infamous E also appears in many Minecraft videos, resulting in their "EEEEEEEEEEE" scream.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Nearly every written sign in their Minecraft videos.