Friendship Is Magic Bitch
"Do you like bananas?"
A My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fan Film
created and uploaded to DeviantArt
, and Newgrounds
by user "Skaijo." It's become pretty well-known among the original show's fandom for its humorously over-the-top portrayal of Princess Celestia as an obnoxious, careless dictator who responds to pretty much any request (or any interaction whatsoever) with banishment to the moon, via a cannon hidden in her floor.
Watch it here
, or here
. There is now a sequel, Friendship is STILL Magic
, which can be seen here
, or here
Tropes appearing in these videos include:
- Black Comedy
- The Caligula: Celestia, absolutely. She burns down a pony's house because she thought it would be funny. Said pony then complains that she burned his house down. Celestia, of course, denies everything, calls him a bitch, and then shoots him to the moon in a giant cannon. And he was just the first pony.
- Cluster F-Bomb: The first video's use of "bitch" and many other words in the second one.
- Companion Cube: Skippy the rock
- Credits Gag: Just read the names of the people in the credits.
- Funny Background Event: Bananas orbiting the moon
- Watch the ponies after they are fired from the cannon. Their path is parabolic; they will never reach the moon.
- Implausible Deniability: So much in the sequel.
- Jerkass: Skippy the Rock
- Madness Mantra: Nightmare Moon's "SO MANY FRIENDS!"
- Morton's Fork: Like bananas? Go bananas ON THE MOOON! Don't like bananas? Good, you won't find any bananas ON THE MOOON! Don't know whether or not you like bananas? You can find out ON THE MOOON!
- Precision F-Strike: From the sequel:
"Fuck you, Skippy."
- Rule of Three: Celestia sends three ponies to the moon in the original.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: The cannon is accompanied by manically cheerful music.
- Strictly Formula: While the sequel is quite different than the original, the first has a formula that is used three times. Step 1: a pony is complaining to Celestia, who is on her throne, about something involving her. Step 2: Celestia asks the pony if they like bananas. Step 3: Celestia verifies the pony's response whilst calling the pony in question a bitch. Step 4: A trap door opens, and the pony falls in the cannon rising out of it. Step 5: the cannon rises a out of the floor to the height Celestia is at, and the pony launched to the moon with Celestia yelling "[Something about bananas] ON THE MOOOOOOOOON! BEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAATCH!"
- Surreal Humor
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Too many examples to name, but the title itself is the obvious one.
- ...ON THE MOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! BEEEEEEYEEEEEETCH!
- Trademark Favorite Food: Uh, duh?
- Visual Pun: The first pony's cutie mark is a cardboard box. His special talent is being homeless.