open/close all folders
Anime And Manga
Kirei: It's so foolish I don't understand it! Give the damn thing to me then! You may not think you need it, but I most certainly do!(gunshot)Kiritsugu: No...you're the fool...I cannot understand.
- When Kiritsugu rejects the Grail after finding out its true nature, Kirei rants over how he would reject it after sacrificing too much. Kiritsugu responds with a gunshot to the head.
- In the finale of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, the dying Anti-Spiral begs Simon to protect the universe, which has been his Well-Intentioned Extremist goal from the beginning. Simon returns that they will do so, and to believe in the human race.
Film — Animated
- While The Dragon Scroop from Disney's Treasure Planet saws at the cord that tethers Jim Hawkins to the Legacy, he sneers, "Say hello to Mister Arrow for me," referencing how he'd likewise severed the first officer's lifeline, sending Arrow to his doom. Hawkins, however, muscles his way down the pirate flag and reverses positions with Scroop. Jim's rejoinder: "Tell him yourself." When Scroop peels the flag away from his face, he discovers too late that it's he who's drifting into the void.
Film — Live-Action
- Bruce Willis is known for such rejoinders. One of The Chessmaster's henchmen from Die Hard has detective McClane trapped beneath a conference table, and has just reloaded his firearm to deliver the coup de grace. The mook jeers, "You should have killed me when you had the chance." The Hero, however, has regained his firearm, and shoots through the tabletop, killing the mook. Speaking to the fallen corpse, McClane says, "Thanks for the advice."
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier, while the returnee of the exchange gets shot.
Nick: You know...there was a time I would've taken a bullet for you.(Natasha electrocutes herself, then Nick shoots Pierce twice.)
- Goldeneye, between Bond and his Face Heel Turned friend, Alec Trevelyan:
Alec: For England, James? *Bond drops him off a giant satellite dish*Bond: No. For me.
- After finally rescuing her daughter, Kyle of Flight Plan takes the detonator to the bombs on the plane. Carson nearby asks her if she was going to blow up the plane. Kyle answers, "No, only you." Cue an Oh, Crap! moment when he finds where the bombs are.
- In Unknown (2011), the main protagonist recovers from an explosion in preparation for one last fight against his Evil Doppelgänger. Said doppelganger mocks him saying, "You really forgotten everything, have you?" The response? "I didn't forget everything. I know how to kill you, asshole!"
- In the climax of XXX State Of The Union in confrontation with the Big Bad.
Deckert: I've been waiting for this moment, Stone!Stone: Well, you better keep waiting! (jumps out, a missile blows up the train and kills Deckert.)
- The exchange between Orcus and Ardneh in Empire Of The East after the armies of the West have been sent into retreat, leaving Ardneh alone to face Orcus and all the forces of the Empire.
- In the end of the Mike Hammer novel I the Jury, Hammer shoots the killer, Charlotte Bennett, in cold blood.
Bennet: How could you?Hammer: It was easy.
- StarCraft is full of these, especially in the sequel Starcraft II.
Mengsk: I made ya into a monster, Kerrigan!Kerrigan: You made us all into monsters. Uses pyschic attack that blows up Mengsk and his entire office.
- Kerrigan and Mengsk
Malash: The master has already won, Alarak. You will lead our people to their doom...Alarak: You're right about one thing, Malash. I! will! lead them! (pushes Malash in the Pit)
- Malash and Alarak, when the latter is close to the Pit of Sacrifice.
Narud: Stukov...you came here to gloat, haven't you?Stukov: No, I came here to say "good night", you son of a bitch! (fires a Corrosive Blast that destroys Narud)
- Narud and Stukov
Amon: You are but a product of the flawed cycle. Manipulated for the entirety of your existence...Kerrigan: You know nothing about me! I care little for the xel'naga's Infinite Cycle or your twisted lies. No, I choose something different. I choose freedom... for all of us. (obliterates Amon)
- Amon and Kerrigan
- War Craft III: When Grom succumbs to his wounds after killing Mannoroth (a demon who had enslave the orcish race via Blood Magic), he and Thrall have this conversation:
Grom: I have freed myself.Thrall: No, old friend... you have freed us all.
- In the final episode of Volume 3 of RWBY, after Cinder disables Pyrrha, they have their final exchange before Cinder executes Pyrrha:
Pyrrha: Do you believe in destiny?
Cinder: (frowns, narrowing her eyes) Yes.
- One of the first mooks that Doctor Karbunkle sends against the Biker Mice from Mars is a Terminator Expy, complete with stilted Austrian accent. Throttle tricks the mook into driving a motorcycle into a vat of Hollywood Acid. Just before its head is submerged, the robot intones, "I'll be back." Throttle responds, "Don't forget to write."
- In the "hidden episodes" of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, when a spirit form of Hamato Yoshi defeats the demon form of the Shredder.
Shredder: I will fight you to the last breath!Yoshi: Your dragon form was your last breath. [performs One-Hit KO]