Final Destination Expanded Universe
A number of novels and comicbooks have been released as expansions of the Final Destination
The novelsGeneralDead Man's Hand
- Bring My Brown Pants: Arlen Ploog pisses his pants after he's smacked around and almost killed by a criminal.
- Dead Man's Hand: Alluded to in the title.
- Death by Irony: Shawna despises big felines, yet she gets killed by a Jaguar. And no, we don't mean the cat.
- Death by Sex: Arlen Ploog.
- Decoy Protagonist: Aldis Escobar. The entire first chapter is dedicated to him... and he dies in a car accident on the last page of it, long before the book's disaster (the collapse of a glass elevator) even occurs.
- Downer Ending: Tom is run over by a truck, and shortly after his funeral, Allie finds out she has a malignant form of HIV.
- Evil Elevator: One of these is the opening disaster. A big glass elevator attached to the outside of "Merlin's Tower" winds up plummeting down onto the street below, killing everyone in it and some other bystanders.
- Groin Attack: One of the Necro Non Sequiturs ends with a survivor getting his penis bitten off by the prostitute who was giving him head.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Officer Murphy.
- Viva Las Vegas
Death of the Senses
- Asshole Victim: Eric Prescott.
- The Bouncer: Sebastian Lebecque. Also a Badass Biker.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Marina Hewlett's death is just as, if not more than, anticlimactic as Alex's: she is bitten by a spider. Her death isn't even shown in the novel; one of the survivors comes to the visionary's apartment and tells her how she died.
- Evil Elevator: Charlie's death. He seems to get the elevator that Eric screwed around with earlier working and turns and calls to the others just as he steps through the doorway, failing to notice the elevator isn't there. He falls down the shaft, but is only injured and yells up "I'll be fi-" right before the elevator comes crashing down on top of him.
- Half The Woman She Used To Be: Macy.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Nice job shooting out the lock of Club Kitty and accidentally causing the whole place to collapse, Marina. You've shown us that police really are useless.
Destination ZeroEnd of the Line
- Asshole Victim: Chelsea Cox, Dawson Donahue and Dominique Swann.
- Eye Scream: Chelsea gets a two-pronged icicle through both of her eyes.
- Serial Killer: Instead of a large-scale disaster, the book takes the arguably more interesting route of having the visionary kill a would-be serial killer who had intended murder several people, who the main character must now desperately track down as Death starts working down the dead lunatic's hit list.
Looks Could Kill
- Chainsaw Good: Mary-Beth gets sliced apart by one that's haphazardly swinging from scaffolding.
- Death by Sex: James Barker and Bodil Raden.
- Eye Scream: Jack Cohen slips and falls on the ground, getting a corkscrew in his eye. Instinctively, he pulls it out, along with part of his brain.
- Final Girl: Louise King.
- Half-Identical Twins: Danny and Louise King.
- Human Pincushion: Bodil Raden and James Barker are impaled by umbrellas, of all things. The latter, however, had already passed out from blood loss after his arm was ripped off. Not that that's any less sadistic...
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Peter Hoffman gets impaled on gazelle horns.
- Killed Off for Real: Surprisingly subverted for Louise. Played straight for everyone else, including Danny.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Good job tampering with your brother's brakes on his motorcycle and sending him to his death, Louise.
- The Reveal: Happens twice, back to back. The first reveal is that Kate Shelley inadvertently caused the deaths of all the survivors, and that she became a servant for Death after she was resuscitated during the Sux race. The second is that Louise also became a servant for Death after Kate brought her back to life after accidentally killing her. She ends up inadvertently killing her brother.
The ComicsSacrificeSpring Break