- Fictional Video Game
- Game Within a Game
- My Little Panzer
- Niche Network
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie
- Ridiculous Future Sequelisation
- Show Within a Show (arguably the Super Trope)
Examples that don't fit the categories above:
- Mark Danielewski's House of Leaves is a complicated example: a book that exists about a dissertation that does not exist, about a film that does not exist, about a house that does not exist. It's also implied that the book itself occurs in our reality, which would make the entire thing prophetic, by definition, if it were true. Topping it off? The book is filled with hundreds of footnotes, referencing a lot of things that do exist, but even more that don't.
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire was described as "The movie project without a movie". They produced a novel, comic, game, action figures, soundtrack CD and a bunch of other merchandising to cash-in on the non-existent Episode V ½.
- Some have accused Avatar and the Airbending Fellowship of Vampire Slayers of being this. They are clearly insane.
- Some people claim that the Wizbits and the corresponding Elemenstor saga does not exist. They're just jealous mudkings who probably read Song of the Sorcelator.