Feed Dump is a weekly series hosted on The Escapist
created by the crew of LoadingReadyRun
. The show features Graham Stark and two guests poking fun at odd news stories from around the world.
Episodes are here
Feed Dump contains examples of
- Catch Phrase: A few.
- "Good times."
- "There may be better sources for news, but they don't have this hat."
- Kate is fond of "Someone's getting fired."
- Couch Gag: Every episode opens with a variation of "And now, some (word rhyming with 'news')", often with an accompanying graphic.
- Halloween Episode: Two in a row - "Dinosaurs" and "Powerless and Nude".
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Quite often with Matt.
- So much so that he once got thrown off the panel for too many horrible puns, just like in the Phailhaus.
- It Makes Sense in Context: Pretty much all of the titles.
- Jingle: Several segments, including "Paul and Matt have to figure out what Graham is talking about", "Why in the hell?", and "Jer and Alex assess the playability of some bullshit".
- Nice Hat: Graham ends every episode by placing a Nice Hat on his head as he proclaims that other news sources don't have a hat like it. Most episodes contain additional jokes featuring hats.
- An entire investment market has arisen around predicting the number of hats in the next episode.
- Negative Continuity: Invoked by Graham after everyone except Paul and Matt die in a van accident on the way back from Comic-Con.
Graham: No! No! We're not... No! Get out! Get out! Out of the chair! We're not doing that! No narrative in Feed Dump! We're not doing any of that! Get out of here!
- "No. Just... No" Reaction
Graham: *reads a news story as a song* It's song time!
Kathleen: *excited* Can I sing a song?
- Also Kathleen's reaction to Alex's "The Great Vagnini".
- Panel Show
- Product Placement: The episode "Soldiers of Fortune".
- Pungeon Master: Alex. Possibly Matt as well.
- Rummage Sale Reject: The Halloween costume suggestions, including a gorilla who's also a sailor and a construction worker, and The Honorable Judge Pimp Santa.
- Running Gag: Ron Dewings.Explanation
- Shout Out: "But what keeps such runny feces on such a pointy stick?" "TRADITIOOOOON, TRADITION..."
- The Stinger: Once an Episode.
- Spiritual Successor: To LoadingReadyRun's previous funny-news series, Phailhaus, which was in turn a Spiritual Successor to "The Whatever Thing."
- Take That: The stinger of Criminals & Lawyers has Graham wearing a golden hard hat, a cowboy hat and a police cap on top of each other, stating that he needs a studded leather cap and a feathered headdress. He follows it up by saying, "Coming soon to Team Fortress 2!"
- That Came Out Wrong:
Alex: The last time I saw Wow-Butter was in a very interesting store on Church Street in Toronto.
Kathleen: Now, before you're like, "Great! I'll purchase that to take to school 'cause it's safe for kids," in that case, Wow-Butter is a euphemism for a terrible street drug.
Alex: I was more going for, like anal lube.
Kathleen: That is still technically safe for schools, but don't bring it.
*Alex cracks up*
- You Keep Using That Word: Cameron points this out when "inertia" is used in relation with sleep.