Spikes of Doom or the like. Differs from Feet-First Introduction in that it isn't necessarily the first appearance of the character.
open/close all folders
Films — Animated
- In Chicken Run, Mrs. Tweedy is often introduced in her black boots marching through the chicken farm during inspections, purposely parallelling the visual sight of an approaching concentration camp officer.
- Lord Shen's first real scene in Kung Fu Panda 2 opens with his metallic talons eerily scraping across the ground.
Films — Live-Action
- In Avatar, there's a shot of Quaritch's boots as he walks up to give his briefing to the new arrivals.
- In Jurassic Park, the approach of the T rex is once shown by its foot coming down into the shot and sinking into the mud.
- Later in the same film, the hook-clawed foot of a Velociraptor in the Visitor Center kitchen as two young children try desperately to hide from the predators.
- In Predator 2, the shot of the monster approaching a doomed gang leader is taken from behind its feet.
- In the Thor film, there's a closeup of the Destroyer's foot as it enters the town on Earth.
- In the movie The Town That Dreaded Sundown, depicting the crimes of still-unidentified Serial Killer known as "The Phantom", halfway through the film, we are introduced to the killer this way, as he makes his way through town, supposeedly running random errands, but it reality, earmarking potential victims.
- In the 2003 Hulk movie, a few shots during Hulking Out scenes show Bruce Banner's feet becoming so large that they rip apart his shoes and socks.
- In The Wolfman (1941), the camera focuses on Larry Talbot's feet turning into wolf-like footpaws for the duration of a transformation scene. After Larry's feet become fully transformed, the camera continues to close up on then as he prowls out of the room and into the forest.
- Masterfully parodied in Top Secret, in a scene in which Nick Rivers is trying to infiltrate a fortress by crawling on the grass. He suddenly stops at the sight of a pair of boots in front of him. Slowly looking up in fear, he then realizes... they're just boots, left alone in the grass.
- Used in If Looks Could Kill when Michael reaches the summit of the cliff attempting to infiltrate the Chateau Richelieu - only to grab hold of an ankle that turns out to belong to Zigesfeld, complete with a Scare Chord.
- Seen on one of the monitor screens during the massacre in The Cabin in the Woods, as a dinosaur-like creature creeps up on a female member of the base.
- During Davy Jones' Feet-First Introduction in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, we see his mutated crab-like right foot before his comparatively normal left. If you look carefully, you can see a plank in the ship's deck crack under his weight.
- In the opening scene of the TV Miniseries The Deliberate Stranger, a pretty young woman walks through a parking lot. The camera pans down to the ground and a pair of feet enter the frame, depicting their owner as slowly stalking the girl. He catches up to her, and there's a scream as the scene fades to black. The movie was about the exploits of Serial Killer Ted Bundy and while this particular scene depicted the abduction and murder of his fifth or sixth victim, there are numerous similar scenes scattered throughout the film.