Fast Forward was a Seven Network
sketch show which aired from 1989 to 1992. The show was presented as if the viewer was channel surfing, with static appearing briefly between each sketch. The sketches themselves varied from parodies and take thats
of contemporary (and not-so-contemporary) media to sketches based around certain characters, who would appear once an episode. It was replaced in 1993 with Full Frontal
The series featured many great Aussie comedians of the era, including Jane Turner, Magda Szubanski, Marg Downey, Michael Veitch, Gina Riley and Steve Vizard. However, much of the material has been dated so baldly that it hasn't been aired on television since.
This show contains examples of the following:
- Infomercial: "Chanille's Institute de Boutique", which tries selling "beauty" products and services.
- Lzherusskie: Appears in parody show Good Morning Moscow.
- May Contain Evil: Beware of anything Brent Smythe & Barry attempts to sell you. And don't even think about purchasing a genuine Fhakari rug.
- The Parody: Fast Forward's bread and butter.
- SBS: One reoccurring series of sketches parodied SBS's early lack of interesting programming, and usually shows clips of True Art Is Foreign movies with Fun with Subtitles.