Fast and Loose
is an Improv Sketch Comedy
series created by Dan Patterson, responsible for the original Whose Line Is It Anyway?.
Hugh Dennis of Mock the Week
fame is the host, managing a rotating cast of comedians that include guest performers from Mock the Week
, some new faces and even the occasional American Whose Line
/Improvaganza alumnus, such as Wayne Brady and Jonathan Mangum.
After it was discontinued, the show was heavily retooled and sent to America as Trust Us with Your Life
- Bald of Awesome: David Armand.
- The Big Guy: Justin Edwards and Greg Davies - Humphrey has the height for it though.
- Butt Monkey: Marek Larewood is basically this show's Jonathan Mangum.
- Casting Gag: Possibly for Hugh Dennis, whose old-school BBC-announcer voice gets extra airtime as he doubles up as host and announcer.
- Catch Phrase: "Ladies and gentlemen, for the next X seconds at least, you're watching Fast And Loose!"
- "And now your host, someone who sounds exactly like me, Hugh Dennis!"
- Deliberately Monochrome: "Early TV", meant to present how recent TV shows would be like if they were created in the '40s.
- Overly-Long Gag: One game of "Forward/Reverse" basically had Jonathan doing the same full-on kiss with Jess, over and over. This Crosses the Line Twice when Wayne gets subjected to the same thing... with Humphrey Ker.
- Precision F-Strike: Justin is the resident master.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Some of the cards have apparently been written just to get this out of Hugh.
- Strictly Formula: Moreso than Whose Line and even Mock The Week - all-player games start the show, games like "Sideways Scene" get placed in the latter half, and this time 'quickie' games, usually a quick Q&A session involving no more than three of the players, are used to fill up time between the usual games.
- Writing Around Trademarks: Several new games involve taking the premise wholesale from other actual shows, so this happens a lot ("Weak Links", "Dragon's Lair" etc.)