is a 2D Browser-based MMORPG
made by the company, Pixelated Games
. The game is an Affectionate Parody
of Super Nintendo
-era Eastern RPGs
. Thus, it plays more of the old cliche' RPG tropes straight - with a boatload of Lampshade Hanging
, Genre Savvy
, and sarcasm in many portions of the game. In fact, to enforce the setting, the graphics are in a pixelated 16-bit style.
This game contains examples of:
- A Dog Named Dog: More than one NPC in some areas have names like "Fi Sher" and "Fro Zen Solid".
- Affectionate Parody: And how!
- An Adventurer Is You
- Big Bad: Evil Mcbadguy.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Gems are purchasable for real life cash and can be used to buy new outfits, equipment, and potions. In fact, the equipment is supremely overpowered for its level. Of course, you could always get more gems by completing offers and by integrating Facebook...
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: The only bad-side for dieing is getting sent to the nearest safe point with a timer until you can revive.
- Dem Bones: Quite a few of them, ranging from unarmed to armed to even angry.
- Driven To Insanity: The Spider Hunters.
- Everything Is Trying to Kill You: Slimes, Spiders, Skeletons, Crabs, Fruit and Vegetables... The list goes on and on. It's lampshaded by one of the commanders after you tell him of a Zombeet infestation.
- Giant Spider
- Heal Thyself: One of the basic skills all players get to heal themselves, is to lick their own wounds.
- King Mook: The King Giant Crab.
- Level Grinding: Once you run out of quests to do at your level... Well, better fire up the grinding as it's going to take a while...
- New Game P Lus: The rebirth system.
- Palette Swap
- Point Buy System
- Play Every Day: Every day you can loot an item for free. Moreover, there are the daily quests available for players to gain more EXP and Gold.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: Anyone can do any job without any restrictions.
- Organ Drops: From a multitude of monsters, even from walking food.
- Our Zombies Are Different: They come in several different varieties.
- Regenerating Health
- There's a guy named General Quixote who tells of a Giant Skeleton yet no-one other than his ally Sancho believes him...
- Status Buff: Parodied, with buffs such as "Nerd Rage" and the like.
- Twenty Bear Asses: Many quests revolve on gathering a certain number of drops from enemies.
- Vendor Trash: Keeping with genre conventions. Subverted as some of the trash is edible and restores HP and/or MP.