is a Boys Love
one-volume manga created by Jaryuu Dokuro.
Ex-delinquent Ikki starts working in a small restaurant after the owner saves his life. In there, Ikki meets Ryuu, who he later learns is the cousin of his old friend Toshimitsu.
This manga contains
- Accidental Murder: Toshimitsu kills a person while he's high, which earns him 10 years in prison.
- Back from the Dead: The bird at the end is implied to be Toshimitsu
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Averted.
- Bi the Way: Toshimitsu; Ikki is somewhat surprised to find out that he slept with Ryuu.
- Boys Love
- Death Equals Redemption: Toshimitsu places a call to Ryuu before he kills himself.
- Driven to Suicide: Toshimitsu kills himself after a really bad drug trip.
- Drugs Are Bad
- Final Speech: Toshimitsu gives one just before he jumps.
- Jerkass: Toshimitsu
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Ikki might aspire to be this with Mineyama-san.
- Ikki and Toshimitsu in the past. They would even share women and have sex with them in the same room.
- Hope Spot: After Ryuu tells Ikki about Toshimitsu's death, a new chapter starts with Toshimitsu waking up from a bad dream which kinda leads us to believe that Ryuu got his death wrong. It turns out to be a sort of flashback that no one is having since we then witness his last drug trip, his last call to Ryuu, and his suicide.
- In-Series Nickname: Ikki is actually a nickname, and while he tells Ryuu that no one calls him that anymore, only the owner refers to him by his real name. Ikki also nicknames Ryuu and his friends XiaoLongBao.
- Interrupted Intimacy: Mineyama-san almost catches Ryuu and Ikki havind sex.
- Kissing Cousins: Toshimitsu and Ryuu
- Kissing Under the Influence: Toshimitsu and Ikki.
- Love Triangle: A weird one between Toshimitsu, Ikki, and Ryuu; if Toshimitsu would have survived and met up with Ikki, it would have probably turned out to be a proper one
- Marijuana Is LSD: Supposedly played straight in Ikki's past, and is discussed when Ikki tells Toshimitsu why he doesn't take drugs; Toshimitsu responds by saying that pot doesn't cause hallucinations.
- Meet Cute: Ryuu leaves a really bad first impression on Ikki, which leads to Ikki punching him.
- Playboy Bunny: Mostly appears in Toshimitsu's hallucinations.
- Posthumous Character: Toshimitsu has been dead for a few years in the start of the story, and while we only get to know him through flashbacks, he's arguably the most developed character in the manga.
- Second Love: Ryuu and Ikki might be this for eachother.
- Shotacon: The mangaka doesn't give out an age when Ryuu stared sleeping with his cousin, but we can guess it was a case of this since Ryuu was definitively not a high school student.
- There Are No Therapists: Certainly not for Toshimitsu; Ikki and Ryuu have it a bit better.
- Those Two Guys: Ryuu's friends.
- Unable to Cry:
- Victim Falls For Rapist: Toshimitsu was probably in love with Ryuu, and despite Toshimitsu constantly raping him, Ryuu falls in love with him.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Ikki and Toshimitsu
- Whole Episode Flashback: How we meet Toshimitsu.