Canadian actress, born February 21, 1987, best known for her breakthrough roles in Juno
and Hard Candy
. She also shows up in:
Not to be confused with
our other Ellen
This actress provides examples of:
- Can Not Tell A Joke: The basis of this video.
- Celebrity Endorsement: Ellen gets paid to promote... computer networking products for Cisco in a campaign portraying a Grass Is Greener little town as the new tech hub of the universe (which just happens to be in her home province of Nova Scotia).
- Dawson Casting: Almost always plays a teenager, despite already being in her twenties. Understandable however given that she actually looks considerably younger than she is. Super and Inception have had her playing characters in their early twenties, which she was.
- Toyed with for Beyond: Two Souls, in which she visually ages but is still recognisable as Ellen Page, and voices herself from about the teens onward, naturally being too old to do a child's voice any more.
- Dyeing for Your Art: She had her head shaved on camera for Mouth to Mouth, and starved herself to play a torture victim for An American Crime.
- Fake American: Anyone remember when she last played a Canadian?
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse:
- Playing Against Type: A shallow, selfish and prosmicuous pseudo-intellectual actress in To Rome with Love.
- Teens Are Short: The reason for her Type Casting below. She looks on the bright side, though:
I'm a total shrimp, which makes me look younger
. I'll be able to stay in that area longer, which is good, because there's more competition in your 20s.
- Tomboy: Many of her characters are like this.
- Type Casting: For quite some time, Ellen Page was typecast as an atypical, rebellious teenage girl with an attitude. However, her involvement in works such as Peacock and Inception indicates a shift to more varied roles.