Dungeons And Drogans
is a group of gamers who record their intrepid and often humorous adventures in Dungeons & Dragons
. The group started over a year ago with the official module: Keep on the Shadowfell and finished its sequel, the Thunderspire Labyrinth adventure. The series has gradually improved in quality and grown to include several players.The players and their characters are as follows:
- Thomas - Jacques the wizard (retired)
- Nick - Coltaine the warlord (living)
- Dave - Rekoj the warden (deceased) and Rhekd the cleric
- Stephen - Autumn the rogue (deceased) Morgan the paladin (deceased)
- John - Zacsarrd the cleric (deceased) Zaxzarrd the cleric (brother of Zacsarrd)(deceased) Zook the druid (deceased) Sorrow the wizard
- Doug - Win'Tyr the ranger (living)
The videos can be watched at the Youtube channel here
Dungeons and Drogans contains the following tropes:
- An Axe to Grind: Rekoj wielded a battleaxe and Coltaine carries a halberd
- Anyone Can Die: Coltaine is the only surviving member of the original party.
- Axe Crazy: Rekoj, to the point where he quite literally stomped several kobolds to a pulp
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: They can't go five minutes without accidental metagaming
Coltaine: Coltaine rushes here, 1-2-3-4-5, south of the second kobold-
Sorry, did I just give it a name?
C.J.: *chuckling* Yeah, you did.
Coltaine: Oh. Um, the scaled lizard creature that I have never encountered before, that's possibly a kobold- but I don't know what a kobold is. You know.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Jacques. So very much Jacques
Jacques: I want to use a spell on the pitcher of ale.
C.J.: Let me guess, prestiditgation?
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Zook being drowned and battered to death by the cherub statue trap
- Deadpan Snarker: Coltaine
Coltaine: "Oh, I've a great idea, let's throw his body into the sort of magical circle and see if he turns into some kind of undead abomination."
Rekoj: "That's actually a good idea."
Coltaine: "It's a terrible idea."
- Elaborate Underground Base: Shadowfell Keep and Thunderspire Labyrinth
- Five-Man Band: They're a fairly well-rounded group.
- The Leader: Coltaine, for all the good it does.
- The Lancer: Win'tyr, although Rekoj in the earlier episodes counts
- The Smart Guy: Jacques (Sorta)
- The Big Guy: Rekoj
- Sixth Ranger: Autumn, Rhekd, Morgan, Zacsarrd, Zaxzarrd, Zook, Sorrow, and Wintyr all qualify, given the nature of the campaign.
- Funny Background Event: When Rhekd and Coltaine are going over the plans, Win'Tyr begins to attack their hostage.
- Genius Ditz: Coltaine, at times
- Coltaine can never remember the name of the innkeep, Salvana
- Kill It with Fire: Sorrow's preferred method
- Knight in Sour Armor: Coltaine and Win'Tyr
- Loveable Rogue: Splug and Rusk
- Made of Iron: Rekoj
C.J.: The reptile that Rekoj attacked swings back, retailiates with a short sword. Rekoj takes seven points
- Only Sane Man: Coltaine, especially in the earlier sessions
- Palette Swap: To differentiate the kobolds with different powers from each other.
C.J.: This one seems smaller; its' scales a little darker.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: Zacsarrd and his brother both had a penchant for charging while wearing cloth armor
- Tempting Fate: The way the Drogans buried Zaxzarrd
- Coltaine: "So you want to bury him underneath some magic circle they used to reanimate corpses?"
- Title Drop: In the first session
Rekoj: Let's call ourselves 'The Drogans'
Coltaine: Where'd you get that idea?
- Vitriolic Best Buds: The Drogans are this with each other, and tend towards this outside of combat.
- Coltaine and Win'tyr are this in particular. See "You Killed My Cousin" below.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him??: Defeat means capture, not death, for the Drogans
- Subverted somewhat with Drogans killed in battle before the villains offer surrender.
- You All Meet in an Inn: How the Drogans form
- You Killed My Cousin: Win'tyr, to Coltaine
- Although Win'tyr's character has been convinced that it might not have been his cousin Ninaran that the Drogans killed