A spinoff of Dora the Explorer
, starring an older, tween Dora and her new friends, the "Explorer Girls": Alana, Naiya, Emma and Kate.
The first episode premiered on August 7, 2011, on Nick Jr.
It featured Dora and the Explorer Girls having to search for and find the tickets for a Shakira
concert after Alana accidentally leaves her jacket in the donation bag she brought.
Dora's Explorer Girls contains examples of:
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: The premiere ends with a segment like this, based on the premiere's theme of being helpful and working together. Boots makes a special appearance during this segment. Whether or not this is to happen Once an Episode remains to be seen.
- Animated Series
- The Artifact: Almost nothing from the original Dora is retained in this series.
- Balloonacy: Happens in the premiere, with a hot air ballon parade float.
- Bilingual Bonus
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Yep. They still do it.
- Continuity Nod: Dora has memories of her childhood with Boots while talking about maps.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: The girls have to chase their concert tickets all over the city. It pays off big time in the end, though.
- Edutainment Show
- Everything Talks: Actually averted.
- Fantasy Helmet Enforcement: Dora still puts a helmet on whenever she rides a bike, but now that she's in a big city, she now endorses "following the rules of the road".
- Five-Token Band: The Explorer Girls.
- Free Range Tweens: Dora's parents still let her go off on her own. In a large city.
- Friend to All Living Things
- Gratuitous Spanish: It is Dora, after all.
- Girliness Upgrade: Big time. Think Bratz meets Winx Club without the magic.
- Growing Up Sucks: Debatably averted. Dora still very much adventures; she just simply has more friends and a new place to explore.
- The Musical: The premiere. It was even billed as a "musical adventure" in the ads.
- No Antagonist: There doesn't seem to be any sort of villain, since Swiper is no longer part of the show.
- The Other Darrin: Dora has yet another voice actress.
- The Power of Friendship: The premiere constantly beats viewers over the head with "doing things together" and how important friends are.
- Put on a Bus: Every non-human character from the original series, except Boots, who makes a special appearance at the end of the premiere.
- Sesame Street Cred: Shakira guest stars as herself in the premiere.
- Take Your Time: Averted once again.
- Talking Is a Free Action
- Viewers Are Goldfish: You guessed it, averted.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: Dora has moved from her home in the rain forest to a new home in an unnamed city.