is a British Internet series by Salad Fingers
creator David Firth which has also been shown on television. Shot in Mockumentary
/A Day In The Life
follows its titular character (real name: "Darren Devonshire"), an unemployed chav from Hull, as he buys alcohol, breaks into a car, tries to sell a bus ticket, and generally gets into trouble.
Although meant as a comedy, a great many confuse it for an actual documentary
, and his satirical rap group, who perform songs such as "Crystal Meffin," have a surprising number of unironic fans
This show provides examples of:
- Berserk Button - ducks, vehicles - just about anything.
- Candid Camera Prank - "Devvo at the Leeds Festival" is of this type.
- Cluster F-Bomb - Devvo speaks this way most of the time.
- Emo Teen - He wants to use a found eyeliner to infiltrate an emo moshpit and do some "moshie bashing".
- Every Car Is a Pinto - subverted: When he tries to set a car on fire and complains, "What's the point of making them flameproof, anyway?"
- Honest John - Devvo tries to sell a bus ticket he finds and threatens passers-by who refuse to buy it.
- Mushroom Samba - We see him under the influence of "gas" (solvents), swearing incoherently at buses.
- Oop North - The series takes place in Hull, although it could be anywhere in the UK.
- Theme Tune Rap - overlaps with Image Song.