A pair of comedy films starring Rob Schneider as a male prostitute.Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
: (1999), directed by Mike Mitchell. Deuce Bigalow (Schneider) is a down-and-out fish tank repairman who couldn't land a date to save his life. He is called upon one day to examine an exotic fish belonging to high class male prostitute Antoine Laconte (Oded Fehr), and he determines that it is sick. Antoine asks him to stay at his house and take care of it while he is away. While he is doing so, Deuce ends up smashing the fish tank. In order to raise the money to buy a new one, he decides to masquerade as Antoine, only to find that some of his clients are a little... off-beat.Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
: (2005), directed by Mike Bigelow (yes, oddly, the director shares the same first name as that of the director of the first one and the same last name as that of the character). A Serial Killer
is going around killing male prostitutes. Deuce heads there to spend some time with his pimp, T.J., from the first film, only for T.J. to end up being suspected of the murders. T.J. implores him to find the real killer by re-entering work as a gigolo and visiting former clients of those murdered, who likewise turn out to be an oddball bunch. Ironically enough, may be more famous for Roger Ebert
giving the flick one of the most legendary reviews of his career than anything else....
, of which the plot is almost identical.
These films provide examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Pretty much every female character in these films except the love interest in each.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted both times - one has a wooden leg, the other has neuroses that outdo the first movie's Tourettes Girl.
- Band of Brothels: The Royal Order Of European Man Whores.
- Bestiality Is Depraved: Deuce really, really loves fish...
- But Not Too Black: Invoked in the second movie, when one of the disguises TJ adopts is really just facepaint that darkens him a little more.
- Butter Face: The chick from Chernobyl in the 2nd movie.
- Butt Monkey: Deuce, big time.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Eva in the second film.
- Completely Missing the Point: In the second movie. Deuce recommends two of the... more Abhorrent Admirers to a plastic surgeon, helping their selfconfidence in a more direct manner. They go for boob jobs instead.
- Covers Always Lie: European Gigolo is set in The Netherlands but the poster shows Italy.
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: In the first film, Deuce has a misunderstanding with a bartender which results in the following masterpiece deadpan one-liner from Norm Macdonald:
Bartender: Ahh, perhaps you don't understand. Ahh... if you don't pay me now, I'm going to uhh... take this swizzle-stick, and uhh... I'll be shoving that right up your pee-hole.
- Department of Redundancy Department: The first movie's title. All gigolos are male.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Antoine is known to dish this out on anyone who defaces his home, even by the slightest extent.
: You know, Antoine's got a really bad temper. One time, I dropped a cigar ash on his carpet, and he made me pick it up... with my anus
- Double Entendre: Nearly 99% of what Neil says to Deuce. It kinda makes you wonder.
Neil: "You may not wanna blow your whole wad on this tank."
"I'm not trying to flip you over and do you dry here."
"Last time I didn't get the money up front, I got the big stiffy"
- Extreme Omnivore: Parodied with TJ - he's eating regular food, but where it comes from...
- Fanservice Extra: Page Three Stunna Katie Downes as the woman who washes windows in the second film. With her breasts pressed against the window.
- Freestate Amsterdam: The second film.
- Groin Attack: In the first movie, Claire (the hooker) tells Deuce that she wants her $500 dollars from him and when he refuses to pay her, she proceeds to kick him in the family jewels before attacking him much further.
- Heavy Sleeper: One of his clients is narcoleptic.
- High Class Gigolo: Antoine in the first movie. The second has an entire organization of these.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Deuce, of course.
- Insistent Terminology: The phrase "manwhore" instead of "gigolo", which is maintained in both movies
- Inspector Javert: Both movies have different ones. Especially the second one, who's really the Well-Intentioned Extremist.
- The inspector in the second one is so sure that T.J is the culprit, he flat out ignores any and all other evidence brought to him, no matter how important it may be to the case, rolls his eyes at other suspects, repeatedly demands Duce tells him where T.J is, and when Duce brings him what may be ecidence his response is to 'snatch it from him and throw it into a nearby trashcan'.
- Misfit Mobilization Moment: At the climax of both movies, involving all the Abhorrent Admirers (less so in the second).
- Mistaken for Gay: As a Running Gag, this happens to T.J. repeatedly in the second film.
- Mythology Gag: Rob Schneider would get a LOT of mileage out of the line "that's a HUGE bitch!"
- Never Trust a Trailer: The poster above for European Gigolo, shows Deuce in Pisa, Italy. He never goes there; he goes to Amsterdam.
- Platonic Prostitution: What Deuce actually wound up doing. This proves crucial later on, as he gets arrested on and subsequently acquitted of prostitution charges.
- Pocket Protector: While Taking the Bullet meant for Deuce, Jabba the Slut is saved from a crossbow bolt by the piece of chicken she had stuffed in her shirt.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: One Abhorrent Admirer in the second movie is really just The Pig Pen.
- Stuffed In The Fridge: One-legged Kate from the first movie.
- Super OCD: One of the clients (and the love interest) in the second film has it.
- Taking the Bullet: Played with. See Pocket Protector above.
- Toilet Humor: The second film. To paraphrase Richard Roeper, it's "the cinematic equivalent of a bunch of 13 year old boys in a locker room repeating dirty phrases they've just learned."
- Tourettes Shitcock Syndrome: One of the clients in the first film has it. So Deuce takes her to a baseball game, where everyone is already cursing anyway.
- Unusual Euphemism: The second movie spams these.
- Visual Innuendo: Look at the poster for European Gigolo. What does the Leaning Tower of Pisa remind you of?