David Matranga is an American voice actor who works for (formerly) ADV Films
and Seraphim Digital Studios
and recently did some roles at Funimation
. He is probably most famous for voicing Tomoya Okazaki in CLANNAD
and Orphen in Sorcerer Stabber Orphen
. Not to be confused for Dave Matranga
, who is a baseball player. He's not
a photographer. That's David N.
Matranga. Before you say anything
, he is not related to musician Jonah Matranga. David is just David.
David isn't that new to voice acting. He just isn't as well-known. That's unfortunate, considering that he's talented. However, he also does film and theatre work.
Often cast alongside with Luci Christian
, particularly if the ADR director's name happens to be Steven Foster.
Somewhat of a successor to Chris Patton
since David is often cast as the same type of characters that Chris also frequently lands roles for; basically young snarky
men and teenagers with a troubled past
Look out! There's a Facebook
page behind you! Does anyone know that Sword of Light spell?
Huh? Up ahead... it's his Myspace
And his Twitter page
is this way!Don't worry. He can take it.
Notable voice roles from David Matranga:
Tropes about his roles and David himself:
- As Himself / Adam Westing: In ADV's Super Milk dub. He portrays an aggressive and immature version of himself. In reality, he seems to be a humble and very sweet man. During an interview for a High School Of The Dead cable special, he said that in a zombie apocalypse he, "probably wouldn't be the hero." See above for more about that interview.
- Bishōnen: Most of his more prominent roles.
- H e could count, too. Want some evidence? Here you go. You pop that collar as much as you want to, sir.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He plays a slightly loopy history teacher in Stages Repertory Theatre's production of The Complete History of America (Abridged).
- Hey, It's That Guy!: In Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and As the World Turns (about 17 minutes in)
- Large Ham: He can really ham it up if need be. His role as Kagerou in Inu X Boku SS may be the best example.
- Older than They Look: As of 4/20/11, David is 32. To quote a comment on his Facebook profile:
"David! We're supposed to get older when we get older, not look exactly the same!"
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: David's characters are often Troubled, but Cute young men and teenagers that are snarky with deeper voices. Super Milk inverts this, and it's scary if you're familiar with his most of his other work. Robodog has a raspy, metallic screech. Ario sounds like a stereotypical baby. Given his situation, you can't really blame him for crying all the time.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Frequently cast with Luci Christian and Hilary Haag
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: At the very least, his As the World Turns cameo proves that he looks MIGHTY FINE in a suit! At the most, it proves that he needs more on-camera roles, but that's obvious.
- What Beautiful Eyes: His eyes are a unique shape, and they seem to shine. They're a medium brown color, but it's not a flat brown. It's deep and welcoming. His eyes are warm, even sensual.
Let's show him how to feel