open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Toradora!, pictured above - Yuusaku takes a bite of Taiga's crêpe, leading her to stuff the whole thing down Ryuuji's throat out of embarrassment.
- Code Geass - Suzaku and Euphie in episode 5. No shenanigans.
- A Certain Scientific Railgun - as part of the Running Gag of trying to get intimate with the title character, Misaka Mikoto, Kuroko always buys the same flavor of crêpe as Mikoto - and is horrified when Mikoto only exchanges bites with people who get a different flavor.
- In the Magical Angel Creamy Mami series, Yuu's family runs a crêpe stand — when her Magical Girl form is asked her name, the "Creamy" bit is taken off the stand's placard. We see young couples eating there on dates a few times.
- In Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts, Shimada demands that Yoshii take her out for crêpes, or she'll keep beating him up for calling her flat-chested. When he later does take her out, another Love Interest comes along. They're both about to give him a taste of their crêpes when a Psycho Schoolgirl Lesbian (in love with Shimada) shows up and attacks him with throwing forks. Hilarity Ensues.
- In season 2 episode 2, all the girls do variations on this at the festival, including the main character's older sister.
- This is done in Akai Ito with Kei and Uzuki.
- In X1999, Seishirou invites Fuuma to go get crêpes with him (having just finished blowing up a major train line and a large skyscraper). His reasoning is that if they are going to destroy all of Tokyo, then they might as well get to sample delicious foods first. It's very romantic, in a creepy way.
- Even if it never happens in the series itself, this is done in the cover of volume 12 DVD of Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo, with Syrup and Urara. It's ADORABLE.
- Episode 3 of Nuku Nuku Dash has an example.
- Amagami SS episode 11, at the amusement park.
- In Dog Days, Éclair and Cinque have crêpes at the fair in episode 11. No particular shenanigans, but they do call the crêpes by a made-up foreign name.
- In CLANNAD, when Tomoya Okazaki pretends to date his friend's younger sister, Mei Sunohara, he buys her a crêpe.
- In the anime version of The Idolmaster, Makoto and the Producer during their outing in an amusement park, much to her delight and his bemusement.
- In Haiyore! Nyarko-san, Mahiro and Cuuko have crêpes during their fake date. Cuuko's Clingy Jealous Girl cousin Cuune steals Mahiro's in order to try and ruin the date, but Cuuko offers him a bite of hers, making Cuune freak out over the Indirect Kiss (that she caused).
- Axis Powers Hetalia fanfic Gankona, Unnachgiebig, Unità: Let's just say Germany wanted to turn an outing with Italy into a date, and thought dessert would help.
Germany: "Have some tiramisu." The brunet turned as the blond approached on his right, holding up a fluffy layered dessert which appeared to be dipped in coffee on a plate, a spoon beside it.
- With crêpes being widely popular across Europe and somewhat of a national dish for the French and the Dutch, it's no surprise that it turns up in the Young Adult novel Postcards From No Man's Land by Aiden Chambers when the young arrival from England, Jacob Todd, goes on a date with a Dutch girl who introduces him to different flavors and the Dutch word for cinnamon. The scene gets a Meaningful Echo at the end when all of its subtle innuendo becomes an outright proposition for sex.
- Our Miss Brooks: In "French Sadie Hawkins Day", stuck with the cheque at a fancy French restaurant, a broke Miss Brooks orders Crepe Suzette to stall for time. She has been asked out by Monsieur Leblanc, and in turn invited Mr. Boynton, Mr. Conklin and Walter Denton along. What Miss Brooks didn't know was that Monsieur Leblanc had invited her to the eponymous "French Sadie Hawkins Day". That is, it was the woman's responsibility to pay.
- Persona 3 Portable features this at rank 5 of Ryoji's Social Link; he and the female protagonist get green tea crêpes and eat by the riverside during the Kyoto field trip.
- Sono Hanabira Ni Kuchizuke Wo: In the 5th game, Mai and Reo get crêpes together on a date.