Dance Of Destiny is a Pokemon fanfic written by Trigger Happy Fanboy. It can be found on Fanfiction.Net.
The plot of the story revolves around Axel King, a fifteen-year-old boy born in Hoenn's Mossdeep City. After his mother is seemingly killed and Axel is saved by from an enraged Giratina by Darkrai, Axel learns that he is half human, half legendary Pokemon, and that his father is Rayquaza. The story details the journey of Axel, Darkrai, Celebi, and Tianna, another hybrid whose parentage has yet to be released.
Has a developing Character Sheet
Tropes that appear in Dance Of Destiny
- Badass Adorable / Let's Get Dangerous: Celebi. She comes off as a sweet, innocent-looking, ten year old girl (with pale green hair). However, when the protagonists are attacked by an enraged group of Rhyperior and Excadrill, Celebi does not hesitate to smile, clap her hands, and then use Frenzy Plant to make a bunch of giant thorny vines erupt out of the ground and bitchslap the 'Mons into the sky. Her Let's Get Dangerous moment appear later, when Kyogre has beaten all of them into the ground, and Celebi uses Perish Song on it, basically forcing Kyogra into an Ultimatum: She lifts the Perish Song if her friends are released, or Kyogre dies.
- Blessed with Suck / Cursed with Awesome: Axel has all the powers of his father, Rayquaza, which means he is basically a human that can learn Pokemon moves—more specifically, Rayquaza's moves. Dragon Pulse? Check. Dragon Dance? Check. Flamethrower? Check. On the downside, he is also permanently covered in glowing yellow glyphs on his body. Oh, and if he uses too much energy in his attacks, his humanity will be burned away and he will basically become a chaotic being of energy and have to be put down.
- Cool Old Guy: Darkai. His human form is that of a 40-something man with snow-white hair. And he launches energy balls filled with darkness. While 40 isn't necessarily that old, that's just the human form he chooses to take: Darkrai himself is the embodiment of nightmares, something humans have had to live with since the beginning of time. So he's really, REALLY old.
- God in Human Form: ALL Legendary Pokemon can do this whenever they please, but if they are human when the sun sets or rises, then they're stuck like that for a year. For obvious reasons, not many of them take the chance of going human.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Axel and Tianna are this.
- I Hate You Pokemon Dad: For a long time, Axel holds his father in contempt.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons
- Interspecies Romance: Fortunately, the author had it so that Legendary Pokemon can assume a human form, probably because he didn't want to creep out the readers.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Averted, since Darkrai is the one who tells Axel Rayquaza is his father, not Rayquaza himself.
- Olympus Mons: The story is riddled with them. So far Rayquaza, Giratina, Moltres, Celebi, Palkia, and Darkrai have appeared. Groudon, Kyogra, Dialga, Arceus, Cresselia, and Mew are also scheduled to appear in the near future.
- Physical God: The Legendary Pokemon in this fic are each aspects of the mortal world, and when they die, whatever they stand for dies with them.
- The Evil Prince: The villain of the fic is said to be this, although WHICH Legendary Pokemon is the Evil Prince has yet to be revealed. The fic is hinting heavily towards Dialga, however...