One of the publication lines of Image Comics
, created by Marc Silvestri and first published in 1992.
The comic focused on the titular Cyberforce, a team of cybernetically enhanced mutants who sought to oppose the Mega Corp.
Cyberdata, who had kidnapped them and illegally experimented upon them to turn them into Super Soldiers
Considered one of the lesser successes of the first wave of Image Comics
titles, but was the first title from Top Cow
and it's superhero universe which would later include Witchblade
and The Darkness
- Badass: Most characters, given the basic premise of the comic was "cybernetically enhanced mutants fighting each other".
- Expy: As was a common complaint for Image Comics, many of the characters seem to be based off of those of other companies. In Cyberforce's case, the X-Men of Marvel Comics.
- Cyblade is a pretty obvious one to Psylocke.
- Fun with Acronyms: The main characters and most enemies were all Special Hazardous Operations Cyborgs. Or "S.H.O.Cs".
- Hollywood Cyborg: Pretty much everybody.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous:
- Heroic character Stryker was a mutant who had three right arms and one left arm. When he became a S.H.O.C, the right arms were replaced with bionic ones.
- Villain Buzzcut was a hulking cyborg who had three buzzsaw-handed mechanical right arms, making him something of a Villainous Counterpart to Stryker.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: T.I.M.M.I.E. was one of these, created by boy-genius Chip.
- In the latest version of Cyberforce, there is Aphrodite V.
- Stryker You Are My Father:In the latest version of Cyberforce, Carin tells Stryker that he is her dad.
- Wolverine Claws: Ripclaw, a Native American mutant who had limited shapeshifting abilities and whose fingers had been replaced with mechanical claws by Cyberdata.