Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
Cumberholmes Role Play Twitter Community
Cumberholmes: How am I tuning my violin and Tweeting at the same time, I hear you ask. Because I'm Sherlock Holmes & I can do ANYTHING.
@dilestrade I'm just saying. The enemy of my enemy's henchman is my henchfriend.
This is a page for the Cumberholmes Role-Playing Game
, a Fan Work
featured exclusively on Twitter
. There is a Live Journal
that accompanies this community which can be found here.
Based on the Mini Series Sherlock
, this RP has expanded beyond the featured BBC
cast to include some of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
characters, such as Tobias Gregson and one of the Baker Street Irregulars (a group of employed Street Urchins
who are all Conveniently an Orphan
) named Wiggins. For the uninitiated, an excellent summation of the history and relationships of most of the characters in the RP can be found here.
Basic Components of the RP Tropes
What To Expect In This Fan Verse
Baker Street Residents
Sherlock Holmes alias: Cumberholmes
Doctor John Watson alias: Doctor_Wat
- Sherlock Holmes He has his own Trope Name.
- A Born Detective
- that, true to his calling, grew up to become a Private Detective. Although he prefers the term, "Consulting."
- Magnificent Bastard
- Byronic Hero
- Badass Longcoat
- Addiction Displacement, sort of.
- Potential Broken Ace.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Forgets To Eat Or Chooses Not To, When On a Case.
- Nice to the Waiter Got him off a murder charge, to be specific.
- Sherlock Scan derived from his name; he knows your name, age, weight, blood type, and favourite flavour of icecream at a glance.
- Cumberholmes @irene_adlr_nrtn I can list everything you've touched and how often you've washed your hands over the last 24hrs by tasting your fingers.
- Sleeps with Everyone but You
- Not So Stoic
- When Disguised in Drag he is Berglind, an Attractive Bent Gender.
Mrs. Hudson alias: mrs__hudsonMrs. Barthembless alias: MrsBarthembless
- The Watson It is his name.
- Badass Adorable
- Badass Moustache is unfortunately absent.
- Deadly Doctor
- Often wears a Homemade Sweater From Hell
- "Sometimes it will actually look like a perfectly wearable sweater, but most characters will react to it as if it were the most hideous thing ever - an Informed Attribute that's like a distant unliving relative of Hollywood Homely."
- Similarly suffers from Impossibly Tacky Clothes that make him a Rummage Sale Reject.
- Improbable Aiming Skills
- Possesses a Limited Wardrobe
- Trademark Favourite Food : Jam!
- Usually The Cavalry for Sherlock, but the Yard and Mycroft can also fill that role.
- Did You Think I Can't Feel?, less extreme version though; see quote for a detail or two That Sounds Familiar.
- "Alice is an all around nice girl: she's quiet and maybe a bit of a pushover, but every so often she hints at having some deep Hidden Depths. She's sure to do whatever Bob asks her, not just because of her loyalty but because she "doesn't seem to mind". She may even have a crush on Bob, who seldom notices, dates everyone else but her, and asks her for dating advice. Over the course of the story Bob will go on adventures and drag Alice along with him, putting her through progressively more embarrassing, painful, and emotionally hurtful situations while ignoring her feelings. She won't complain, and will likely offer advice and help however she can."
The Yard From Scotland That Is Actually Situated In London
Detective Inspector Lestrade alias: dilestradeDetective Inspector Olivia A. Jones
''alias: athelneyjonesDetective Inspector Tobias Gregson alias: T_Gregson
Detective Inspector Stanley Hopkins alias: stanhopkinsSergeant Sally Donovan alias: sgtdonovanAnderson, "Forensics Guy" alias: AforAndersonPolice Constable Dimmock alias: PC_DimmockThe Office Ficus alias: ficusficusficusTahiti!Gregson alias: tahitigregson
- Can often be found Talking to Plants.
- The Klutz
- Team Mom, kind of. Mostly because Lestrade is the Team Dad.
- "In an ensemble show, especially of the fighting kind, there needs to be someone to hold this Rag Tag Bunch Of Misfits together before they kill each other or wander off into the woods like so many Player Characters."
- Fond of Scenery Porn, provided there are lots of plants.
The British Government
Mycroft Holmes alias: MforMycroftAnthea/Ruby/Holly/Whatever-Strikes-Her-Fancy-This-Week alias: AforAnthea
Other ACD Canon Characters
Other BBC Canon Characters
Other Twitter Canon Characters
The Dearly Departed Who Also Have Access To Twitter
They Never Tweet But We Still Tweet About Them
Twenty-SixBrownThe ChiefDaddy HolmesThe Deputy ChiefCookLouiseLeeMummyNumber FivePetersPat
Semi-Related Role Plays
The Doctor and His Sexy Tardis
- Love Dodecahedron The constantly-breaking-and-reforming relationships, crushes, and flirtations in this RP require graphs to understand.
- Parental Favoritism See Mummy's varying attitudes towards Mycroft, Bracken, and Sherlock; perhaps even Mrs. Moriarty's with her multiple sons named Jim, as well?
- Enough Ho Yay to keep you warm at night, but Jim also offers Suspiciously Specific Denial.
- Mistaken for Gay Applies to practically everyone in some form; most notably Sherlock and John; Seb and Jim.
- dilestrade: @M_forMoriarty @SebMoran You two are starting a trend of showing up at exactly the same moment. Like a gay echo.
- Batman & Robin Lestrade and Wigs.
- They do not, however, star in a terrible film.
- Well, not yet, at any rate.
- Cargo Ship Many a character has a beloved item.
- Example A: Sherlock's Coat.
- Example B: John and Jam.
- Heterosexual Life Partners Seb and Jim; Sherlock and John
- Polyamory in the form of an Open Relationship Suggested label for the John/Sarah/Mary triangle that went on.
- Captain Smooth and Sergeant Rough Lestrade and Sally.