As any shipper
is no barrier for The Power of Love
. The logical extreme of this is Intercontinuity Crossover Fan Work
As a general rule, this is much more light-hearted and less Serious Business
than intra-continuity shipping, favoring the Rule of Funny
instead of an unironic OTP
. These ships are usually labeled as Crack Pairings
, but it's not impossible to make some of them seem like they can actually work, depending on various factors.
When you factor in Non Linear Sequels
like the Final Fantasy
series that have multiple continuities, series with a multiverse
and even official Massive Multiplayer Crossover
franchises like Super Smash Bros.
and Kingdom Hearts
, it all turns into Schrodinger's Ship, as it becomes simultaneously impossible and canon-friendly
holds a lot of Crossover Ships
. Common Crossover
may relate. Series where preferred relationships are not possible or unlikely due to Situational Sexuality
requires branching out of that Verse.
Since there's a infinite number of possible crossover pairings, don't be surprised if you don't see a crossover pairing that already has fanart, fan videos and/or fanfiction for it here.
open/close all folders
- This Coca-Cola commercial from 1992 had a triple-whammy of it, digitally inserting Gene Kelly, Cary Grant, and Groucho Marx into a dance scene with Paula Abdul.
- There's a semi-canon example in the Star Trek: The Next Generation/X-Men novel Planet X, where Captain Picard and Storm express interest in one another, but decide not to pursue it since they're...y'know...from different universes. She has a thing for Professor X, and the two do look similar.
- The DC/Marvel series in the 90s gave us a short Robin (Batman)/Jubilee (X-Men) romance which was quite nicely done, in a rare example of a canonical crossover ship. note
- One of the one-issue "giant crossovers" from the 1980s teased the readers with hints of Beast Boy (then "Changeling")/Kitty Pryde. Another played with the concept, possibly to parody it, by having Spider-Man ask Wonder Woman if she thought it was too early in their relationship to consider marriage (they had met, and briefly fought, only a few minutes earlier).
- A Wolverine/Witchblade crossover licensed by Marvel and Top Cow started with Logan and Sarah Pezzini getting married! Obviously it didn't last.
- It sees Kismet and Eternity, the avatars of the DC and Marvel Universes respectively.
- It has Hawkeye and Black Canary, but only briefly and for the sake of a gag. A shift in the multiverse quickly puts her back together with Green Arrow.
- The SyFy channel has embraced this trope, pairing up Claudia and Fargo in their Warehouse13 / Eureka crossover episodes. At first, it just seems like a mutual crush that won't go anywhere, but then, Claudia's boyfriend breaks up with her. Then, Claudia comes to Eureka. As they search for what's causing that week's problems, there is some flirting, and after being saved from a minefield, we get a full-blown makeout.
- The crossover episode between Totally Spies! and Martin Mystery teased Martin/Alex and M.O.M./Jerry.
- Super Robot Wars has quite a few, most notably these:
- Amuro Ray (Mobile Suit Gundam) and Misato Katsuragi (Neon Genesis Evangelion ). Doubles as a case of Actor Allusion, due to the fact that their voice actors also played Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon, respectively.
- Original Generation character Aya Kobayashi also has a light romantic subtext with Amuro throughout Shin Super Robot Wars.
- Setsuko Ohara of Super Robot Wars Z and Shinn Asuka of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny in Z is probably the most supported pairing, if not, the prime Crossover Ship in existence, as it's one of the few that makes a lot of sense considering their close relationship in-game. Because of the presence of Setsuko in the game and how Gundam SEED Destiny's events are rolled out in her route, Shinn's glaring flaws from the original story are actually fixed, or at least mellow them down. It helps that Setsuko can relate with Shinn on an emotional level. Arguably, this fanon pairing has become the best example of this trope. It helps that they actually do become very close in the game.
- Super Robot Wars Original Generation also pairs up a few characters who made their debut in different games/continuities: Ryusei Date and Latooni Subbota, Folka Albark and Shouko Azuma, and Axel Almer and Einst Alfimi.
- In the OG series, the Wildfalken & Wildwurger mechs were created by mating weapons and armor derived from the Pact series' Alteisen & Weissritter to Alpha series Huckebein frames.
- Jeph Jacques (Questionable Content) and Aaron Diaz (Dresden Codak) have drawn Hannerlore/Kimiko slash.
- It was an April Fools flash game, but this for Ragna the Bloodedge and Heart Aino.
- In The Wizards On Deck with Hannah Montana crossover, Justin/London, Max/London and Zack/Alex are teased.
- In the Image Comics-published third volume of ''Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Michelangelo hooked up with Horridus from Savage Dragon.
- Tom Thumb and Thumbelina is an actual film built around a Crossover Ship of Public Domain Characters.
- One Dreamwave Transformers / G.I. Joe crossover has Bumblebee and Scarlett.
- When Power Rangers Wild Force teamed up with the previous Time Force team, they teased Eric and Taylor.
- In a crossover with American Dragon Jake Long and Lilo & Stitch: The Series, Grandpa ends up with Mrs. Hasagawa, a Hawaiian fruit seller.
- Cassie Hack and Evil Ernie in Hack Slash: The Final Revenge of Evil Ernie. Bomb Queen also hits on her in their crossover, but she's an Anything That Moves type.
- There's a Crossover Punchline at the end of one Boy Meets World episode in which Eric is on a date with Sabrina (Sabrina the Teenage Witch).
- In a spin-off series in the Eighties and Nineties, it was implied that Nancy Drew and Frank Hardy had a crush on each other (Poor Ned and Callie). Similarly, there was a much more faint flirtation between Bess Marvin and Joe Hardy.
- The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis has a December-December Romance between Burns and Mom.
- Thank you, Roommates:
- Spin-Off to Roommates, Girls Next Door, brought Jadis (The Chronicles of Narnia) X Darkness (Legend) into our nightmares.
- Spin-Off to Roommates Superintendent gave us Morgan (King Arthur) X Clopin (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) who are strangely cute.
- The Bart Simpson/Sakura Haruno picture shown above, which came from Nickelodeon Magazine. For a few years, they wrote a fake magazine called "Toon People" which focused on the social aspects of characters from various shows and networks. Other pairings that were shown in said magazine included Naruto/Lisa Simpson, Aqualad / Katara, Zuko/ Kim Possible and for some odd reason, Snow White and Belle getting a makeover from Flapjack.
- Cheshire Crossing introduced the villainous pairing of Captain Hook (Peter Pan) / Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz).
- House of Mouse provides a lot of these.
- A throwaway panel showed Jafar (Aladdin) and Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) at the same table — with Mickey whispering that the two were on a date. Disney fanatics instantly took a shine to the two as a couple.
- If that doesn't work out, House of Villains and The Kingdom Keepers suggest that Maleficent and Chernabog of Fantasia would be great (and dark) together.
- House of Mouse also gave us Hades having a bit of a crush on Maleficent. There's also potential in Black Pete, given his servant-like relationship to her in Kingdom Hearts.
- Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog) is supposed to resemble the love child of Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians) and Captain Hook (Peter Pan).
- The Order of the Stick:
- Vaarsuvius and Ciaphas Cain (Ciaphas Cain), HERO OF THE IMPERIUM! Unfortunately this was left unfinished. But it was awesome while it lasted.
- One of the strips implied that apparently celestial administration ships Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmations) and Sauron (The Lord of the Rings).
- Discovery has Skywarp and Princess Luna.
- Cartoon Network once shipped Johnny Bravo with Velma Dinkley, in an unexpectedly sweet example of Opposites Attract He even proposed to her (he claimed), but she turned him down, saying that her career came first.
- Cartoon Network also shipped Race Bannon (Jonny Quest) with Betty Rubble (The Flintstones), teasing it in one early commercial, and painting a full sordid romance in another. She stayed with Barney, though.
- Namco High ships a little green Katamari family member with anyone from a Homestuck troll to Richard Miller from Time Crisis to the spaceship from Galaga.
- The opening of J Stars Victory VS gives us Lala Satalin Deviluke and Chitoge Kirisaki.
- Forge (Paranatural) x Nightmare Knight (Cucumber Quest) started as a joke between the comics' authors and their friends, and has since received art by both creators and their fandoms.
- The end of the Magnum, P.I. / Murder, She Wrote crossover teased Jonathan Higgins and Jessica Fletcher, although it never went past Higgins quite obviously crushing on Jessica, to her amusement.
- Sonic the Hedgehog/Hello Kitty, at least where Japan is concerned. They even have merchandise offspring.
- In the Batman Beyond Crossover Episode "Countdown", there was a bit of Ship Tease between Terry and Ro of The Zeta Project, culminating in her kissing him on the cheek.
Anime and Manga
- Sailor Moon: the Sailor Moon crossover category at Fanfiction.net is all about Crossover Ships.
- Especially pairing Usagi with some other guy besides Mamoru. There are even two dedicated categories for Gundam Wing and Dragon Ball Z crossovers, mostly because the shows all aired on the Toonami block around the same time.
- There's a Sailor Moon/Urotsukidouji crossover out there with a bunch of original male characters. The author avatar even sneaks in on Rei masturbating, says "B***! Prepare to get f***ed!", she likes it, and the next day he's complimenting her technique in Lakota, forgetting that he's in Japan. Fan theory? The writer got an online translator.
- Sailor Moon girls have a frequent habit of getting paired with the Saint Seiya boys. There are reasons, of course-they're roughly equal in number, and there are so few females in Saint Seiya that if you wanted a het ship you'd probably have to use a crossover. Also, if you try you can get characters with matching hair colours to pair up together...
- There are a surprising number of Sailor Moon/X-Men crossovers that run the gamut of serious to silly but one of the most consistent aspects is the shipping Sailor Mercury/Nightcrawler.
- The Doctor from Doctor Who/Sailor Pluto from Sailor Moon was a Theme Pairing on numerous counts. The Only One, Time Traveller, Survivor Guilt, Genocide Survivor, etc.
- There are numerous FanFictions featuring Ranma paired with girls from all over fiction, on top of his Unwanted Harem (especially unwanted by the fans). The girls of Sailor Moon are a common choice, if he is not one already.
- The authors of Stars Above wrote the fic partly as a vehicle for their Kagami ('Lucky Star) x Homura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica'') ship.
- Ichigo Kurosaki / Gintoki Sakata has some merit, considering even their seiyuu ship-teased and co-hosted during a radio special.
- L x Stocking is becoming popular. Here's a deviantart group.
- Soujiro Seta x Beyond Birthday is a wonderful example for a very self-destructive and dark Crossover Ship . Still most videos of the creator make it seem differently... and very pink  
- A non-romantic kind of pairing for Azula (Avatar: The Last Airbender) and Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
- Light Yagami (Death Note) x Lucy (Elfen Lied)      
- Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass) x Light Yagami ('Death Note'') 
- Yoruichi (Bleach) X Sakura (Naruto) art exists. As does Kakashi X Yoruichi, and Kakashi X Starfire.
- There is a surprisingly large amount of Shinichi (Detective Conan) / Kagome (InuYasha) floating around the internet...
- Crossover pairings with Ash Ketchum (Pokémon) are pretty popular; one famous one is Ash/Sakura Haruno ('Naruto'').
- There are some fanart examples of Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)/Nanoha (Lyrical Nanoha). Two little, cute, and godlike-powerful girls. Just try to imagine what would happen if Nanoha fires a Starlight Breaker when boosted by Sakura's "The Power" card.
- Theres also a lot of shipping for Nanoha X Madoka - A popular series to begin with since both series are highly non-conventional Magical Girl series who turned the genre on its head. Fate x Homura or Kyoko exists but is significantly less popular than Mado Nano.
- It might be because of the pink energy from both of them.
- Saber (Fate/stay night) and Kon (Bleach): She loves stuffed lions, he loves cuddling with anything female, and they would be adorable together.
- Fran (Franken Fran) is paired up with Dr. Stein (Soul Eater) quite a bit. Cuter than it sounds.
- Want a Manipulative Bastard pair? Look no further than Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass) / Alex Russo (Wizards of Waverly Place). Since they both have powers (Lelouch has Geass, Alex has Magic), and love to manipulate anyone, they'll manipulate just about everything to oblivion.
- Hei (Darker Than Black) x Rin (Mnemosyne) gained some popularity.
- Kokuto (Bleach Movies) X Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter).
- fem!Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) x Soul (Soul Eater) has a fanfic written about it.
- Naruto/pretty much anyone. A couple of examples: Nanoha (Lyrical Nanoha), Asuna, Konoka, Evangeline A.K. Mac Dowell (Mahou Sensei Negima!), Orihime, Yoruichi (Bleach), Moka (Rosario + Vampire) and a lot more besides. Or All of them at the same time.
- Axis Powers Hetalia and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic has developed some popularity. The most common pairings are France/Rarity, Rainbow Dash/America, and Canada/Fluttershy. People will either turn the countries into ponies or turn the ponies into humans.
- There's a Fan Vid that tells a romance between Houtarou Oreki from Hyouka and Mio Akiyama from K-On! through use of lots of clip editing. It can be viewed here.
- Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Isaac from Golden Sun are paired up on this video.
- Unsurprisingly, Haru (Free!) x Juvia (FairyTail) is a pretty popular pair.
- Mello/Deidara (from Death Note and Naruto respectively) have some fanart floating around and even a fan club. This is likely due to the similarities they happen to have, most notably that they're both feminine-looking blond-haired guys. By extension, their partners in crime, Matt and Sasori, get shipped too, though very rarely.
- Ozymandias plus Oscar Wilde. Wouldn't they be perfect for each other?
- Ozymandias/Alexander the Great/Hephaestion threesome. Enjoy.
- From Incredible Hulk and X-Men: Evolution: Hulk's Big Damn Heroes moment in Episode 3, Hulk/X-23. This one technically isn't a crossover ship as the two exist in the same continuity. Though it is pure crack, as aside from the age difference (she's 16, Hulk's pushing 40), the one time these two have met involved Hulk beating the hell out of her friends and throwing her through a building.
- The Corinthian from The Sandman and Sheldon Sands (Once upon a Time in Mexico), and they're having ridiculously good sex.
- Green Goblin (Spider-Man) manages to hook up with Harley Quinn ('Batman ) in I'm a Marvel, I'm a DC. It's just as messed up as it sounds and twice as funny.
- And just because the creator loves doing it, he also gave us Poison Ivy and Sandman. Which makes sense if you think about it, except she'll probably cheat on him with Aquaman.
- Possibly the most patriotic ship in all of comics: Captain America and Wonder Woman. It's surprisingly not as common as one might think.
- Cyclops and Velma from Scooby-Doo, because they're both Blind Without Them. No seriously, that is the main reason.
- Ariel and Peter Pan. If you think about it, Disney hasn't had that many redheaded couples.
- Peter is also paired up with Melody.
- The more famous pairing with Ariel is with Jim Hawkins.
Film — Animated
- There are plenty of people who ship Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas with Emily, the Corpse Bride from the title. For people who like their fan fic slashed, there is Jack Skellington/Victor Van Dort, Emily's very much alive "husband" for a time. Emily the Corpse Bride gets paired with Sally the Rag Doll from Nightmare, who is a cute rag doll created by a Mad Scientist. For the Jack/Emily shippers who don't want to leave Sally alone, they've paired her with Bonejangles, a skeleton musician from Corpse Bride. The two films just go well together.
- There's a rather disturbing pairing: Jack Skellington of The Nightmare before Christmas and Coraline of Coraline. That's right, an eleven-year-old girl with a fully adult skeleton.
- An age-appropriate crossover pairing with Coraline is with Norman of 2012's ParaNorman. It may have something to do with Coraline having brown eyes and blue hair and Norman having blue eyes and brown hair.
- Olivia Flaversham from The Great Mouse Detective and Fievel Mousekewitz from An American Tail is one of the few age-appropriate shippings Olivia ever gets without being aged up. Fan art and fan fiction tends to play up the pairing's sheer adorableness.
- There's a group on Website/DeviantArt dedicated to Merida, Jack, Hiccup, and Rapunzel being friends. The group name, depending on who you ask, is either The Big Four or Rise of the Brave Tangled Dragons. They have quite a few pairings.
- Rise of the Guardians's Jack Frost has been shipped with other characters a lot to the point of having a group for one of them. They have Idiosyncratic Ship Naming for his pairings.
- People also pair up Merida (Brave) and Hiccup (How to Train Your Dragon). It's usually referred to as Merricup.
- Merida and Rapunzel have been paired with each other.
- And for completion's sake, Rapunzel/Hiccup has also been made.
- Elsa from Frozen is starting to get shipped more often with Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians, not just because they're both ice people, but also because Jack's playfulness contrasts very nicely with Elsa's seriousness.
- There's also more than a few pictures around the internet shipping her with Arthas Menethil (Warcraft). It helps that they're both royalty.
- There's a lot of one-sided fanart versions of Elsa and the Ice King from Adventure Time, both for the obvious and because the Ice King has a thing for princesses.
- As if that wasn't enough, there's also a notable amount of Jack/Elsa fanart that features the Ice King as the heartbroken unrequited love interest of Elsa. Ouch.
- Competing against the Jelsa is Pitch/Elsa. They're both viewed as a Misunderstood Loner who wants someone to accept them and their strange, yet dangerous, power.
- Another Elsa pairing that has recently started turning up is Elsa and Mister Freeze (Batman). This may be slightly weird for those who are aware that Elsa's father is also voiced by the same person who voiced Mr. Freeze in Batman: Arkham City.
- Young!Once-ler (The Lorax) and Rapunzel (Tangled) is quite popular, if the YouTube videos are accounted for.
- In a piece of Disney/Transformers fanart, Anna/Shockwave. Yes, really. In the piece of art (which serves as a Spiritual Successor to The Decepticon Pub Crawl), the Disney Princesses meet the Decepticons when they all end up in the same bar. In the back of the picture, Anna is attempting to one-sidedly flirt with Shockwave.
- The same piece of art implied that they had just come from a "Vegas wedding" between Elsa and Soundwave. Ravage was, apparently, their best man. (This was followed three hours later, by a Vegas divorce).
- The Swan Princesss Odette and Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog seems to be pretty popular. Understandable, seeing how her backstory is similar to what Facilier does to the main characters.
- Charlotte La Bouff (The Princess and the Frog) and John Smith (Pocahontas). . Have a look.
- Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) and Mother Gothel (Tangled), as seen here.
- A popular crossover ship for Hades of Hercules on Youtube is with Eris (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas), which is not at all surprising, considering they are both villain gods from Greek Mythology with a smoky disposition.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: Azula gets paired with Wall-E. Because there is no better way to help cure Azula of her Villainous Breakdown. This is a friendship pairing, not a romantic one, mostly because if EVE found out, Azula would not survive the night.
- Ariel of The Little Mermaid and Jim of Treasure Planet sort of makes sense. Check this art work from Deviant Art.
- Similarly, Jim is often shipped with Melody, Ariel's daughter.
- Speaking of Treasure Planet, there's a deviantart-spawned fandom for Captain Amelia and Jane Porter from Tarzan.
- Another Treasure Planet that's popular on the slash side is Dimitri and Jim. And to keep this list short lets just say Jim and lot of other women and some guys.
- Jack Sparrow of Pirates of the Caribbean got paired with Ariel of The Little Mermaid.
- Tinkerbell (Peter Pan) and Pinocchio's Jiminy Cricket.
- Tinkerbell and Crysta (FernGully) is not unheard of.
- The Jiminy (Pinocchio) and Timothy Mouse (Dumbo) ship has some popularity.
- Wilbur (Meet the Robinsons) / Violet (The Incredibles) has gained a small, yet growing following. Figment Jedi believes he might have been the first to think of it, in response to seeing Wilbur encountering a Violet look-alike in a storyboard featured in the Art of Meet the Robinsons book.
- Violet (The Incredibles) paired with Raven (Teen Titans) is quite popular.
- Wilbur of Meet the Robinsons gets paired with Penny of Bolt in several stories... and it kind of works.
- There are two fills for Aqualad of Young Justice and Ariel, The Little Mermaid.
- This fan fic "Lioness Abroad" has Vitani (The Lion King) and Alex (Madagascar), when Vitani gets captured and sent to the Central Park Zoo. It makes a lot more sense then most of the stuff on this page.
- Macleach and Madame Medusa.
- An interesting pairing is in the form of Pocahontas and Aurora from Sleeping Beauty.
- Crowns of the Kingdom pairs the elephants from Dumbo with the elephants from The Jungle Book.
- Jennifer Lee, screenwriter for both Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen, has said that she personally ships Ralph and Elsa from their respective films. Then again, a common hypothesis is that she said that because it's the cleanest possible way to stay above the Ship-to-Ship Combat (particularly with regard to Elsa).
- Peter Pan and Alice is pretty common.
- On the villainous side, there is Gaston and Veronica.
- The fan-comic "Disney High School" centers on Rapunzel and Quasimodo, who are stepsiblings due to Gothel and Frollo being married. The students all seem to be headed toward their Official Couples, but Kuzco playfully flirts with his Vitriolic Best Bud Jasmine, as does Naveen, while Jim has a crush on Ariel. (Word of God says she doesn't ship the latter, but noticed its popularity and decided to include it.)
- Big Hero 6:
Film — Live Action
- It's only a little exaggeration to say that characters from Harry Potter get shipped with every other available fandom out there. Especially Harry Potter gets paired with female characters, but there is also lots of Slash.
- It's definitely a thing in Jane Austen's fandom to pair up people who remained single, and very often cross-novels. It helps that the world of Jane Austen's books is always very similar — pastoral and almost-idyllic version of Regency England. It's not uncommon for characters like good-natured but stupid and extremely wealthy Mr Rushworth of Mansfield Park, divorced from his cheating wife, to be paired with Miss Bingley from Pride and Prejudice who was always after money, or some ship him with Mary Bennet, who, as some fans believe, deserves more attention and a wealthy husband.
- Vetinari (Discworld) and Rufus Shinra (Final Fantasy VII). Possibly the most softly-spoken fic you'll find.
- There is fanart called "Dethklok-meet-Discworld" for Skwisgaar Skwigelf (Metalocalypse) / Nanny Ogg (Discworld), based around the logic that a rock star who Likes Older Women and a Badass Dirty Old Woman would be a good match.
- One of the most mind-numbing, and downright offensive Troll Fic: Goku from Dragon Ball and famed teenage holocaust victim Anne Frank. Seriously, someone went there. Sage has the horrid details.
- Artemis/Alex from the Artemis Fowl series and Alex Rider books have a surprisingly large fandom, considering they would probably hate each other.
- From crossing Where's Wally? and Carmen Sandiego fandoms, we have Waldo and Carmen Sandiego. Where are they? At least their small-but-growing fandom is easy to find, not so their child.
- Pretty much every The Kane Chronicles/Percy Jackson and the Olympians have at least some Ship Tease with Sadie and Nico. The fact that he looks like Anubis' human form and is related to death just adds to the fire
Live Action TV
- The characters of Buffy the Vampire Slayer get this a lot. Captain Jack Harkness/Ianto/Dawn, Xander/Cortana, Buffy/Mal, Dawn/Jayne, Giles/Captain John Hart and oh so much more.
- Captain Mal Reynolds from Firefly and Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Dawn Summers pairing appears from time to time.
- There is one extremely weird example of, of all things, River Tam being shipped with Heat. It stemmed from the two encountering one another during a multi-author Mega Crossover, with Heat equating River with Sera. She latched on to him because he was protective of her, he latched onto her because she reminded him of Sera. Things got even weirder from there, with Heat doing his cannibalism thing and River being not-at-all freaked out about it. The thing had a rather powerful and sad Did Not Get the Girl Downer Ending, as there wasn't any sex, just very rough kissing (with biting and some bloodplay involved) and a whole lot of insanity, and the two had to split apart at the end of it because Heat refused to take River back to a world as screwed up as his and had no place in hers. It was really well-done, especially on the part of the author writing Heat's part of the story.
- There are a few Buffy/Firefly crossover fics that ship Spike with River Tam. This works remarkably well as crossovers go. Spike, who spent over a hundred years with Drusilla and was then haunted by the First Evil, has significant experience with people who "see things" and is in a better position to relate to River than anybody in Firefly canon. Spike's immortality makes it easy to rationalize his presence in the Firefly universe: he just lives long enough to leave Earth-That-Was with the rest of humanity. Then there's the fact that having been born in Earth-That-Was makes him an (un)living memory of a time that is seen as legendary by the inhabitants of the 'Verse.
- There's a growing number of River Tam (Firefly) and Riddick (The Chronicles of Riddick) fics.
- Thanks in no small part to a little fanfic called The Way of Things, Rose (Doctor Who)/ DI Carlisle (Blackpool) has an impressive following.
- There are people out there who ship Abby with Dr. Reid. Then again, it kind of makes sense.
- There was once a movement on LiveJournal to pair Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood and Doctor Who with every single fictional character ever. Unsurprisingly, it didn't complete its task, and later it lost steam altogether.
- Dean Winchester of Supernatural and the Doctor (Doctor Who) pairing pops up in SuperWho quite a bit.
- Martha/Sam (Supernatural and Dr. Who) has a small, but devoted fandom, complete with a blog.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships Amy Pond of Doctor Who has two major fanon crossover ships, with Supernatural's Dean Winchester and Sherlock Holmes. The Sherlock ship has two dedicated tumblr blogs.
- Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) and Barty Crouch Jr. (Harry Potter) is popular due to David Tennant playing Crouch and the Tenth Doctor.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer has sometimes been shipped with Dean Winchester of Supernatural, or sometimes with Sam. So has Faith, for that matter, though both Slayers more likely end up with the older brother. In a case of Pair the Spares, if Buffy is with Dean then Dawn will likely be shipped with Sam. The pairing is strengthened by the idea that the two universe actually mess together rather well, with the metaphysic differences not too hard to Handwave due to having a number of common elements.
- Castiel from Supernatural and animated Korra from The Legend of Korra.
- There was a LiveJournal community devoted solely to this pairing: Dean from Supernatural and Neal from White Collar.
- Dean (Supernatural) gets around. The most popular het ships are Dean and Chloe from Smallville and Dean/Hermione (Harry Potter).
- It can be quite safely stated that there is an entire sub-category of Smallville fanfiction devoted to the idea of Chloe moving to Gotham City (often after the author has Chloe realize that Clark/Jimmy/whoever "isn't good enough for her") and then meeting and falling in love with Batman. Usually, Chloe ends up either becoming Mission Control at the Batcave or she undergoes Xenafication and becomes Batgirl or Batwoman (or occassionally Catwoman) and ends up fighting crime alongside Bruce on the Gotham City rooftops. Either way, she can usually work the Batcomputer better than Bruce can, proves to be his match in fighting skills, and if Bruce is still "in denial" about his feelings for her, Alfred will usually advise him to "open his eyes and see what's right in front of him."
- Zoey101, Drake & Josh, and iCarly have multiple crossover ships. Nevel/Megan is probably the most popular of these.
- With the addition of Victorious, Cat/Freddie and Jade/Sam are quite popular. The idea that a Drake & Josh/iCarly crossover might happen also fuels Freddie/Megan support.
- Tori Vega from Victorious/James Diamond from BigTimeRush is pretty popular, and their respective actors are dating in real life.
- With the new crossover Spin-Off show Sam & Cat featuring Sam from iCarly and Cat from Victorious, it took all of one episodes for people to start shipping them together.
- Chloe (Smallville) is a Launcher of a Thousand Ships (possibly due to the huge amount of fanfic writers who seem to very strongly relate to her personality), and another hugely popular Smallville crossover ship is to pair up Chloe with either Dean or Sam from Supernatural (or, y'know, both). The Chloe/Dean ship seems to be more popular than Chloe/Sam for whatever reason.
- There are fics pairing Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Wednesday Addams (The Addams Family). It worked well through various devices.
- Then there's the one Harmony/Wednesday fic, which used the common conceit that Harmony is actually Amanda from the Addams Family (both were played by Mercedes McNab).
- Faith, or Buffy, or Dawn (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) are often paired with one or more of the Supernatural's Winchesters. Or Dark Angel Alec.
- There's lots of Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Stargate SG-1 Cross Over fic out there, and a lot of it has Crossover Ship, including Jack/Buffy (Squick!), Clone!Jack/Dawn, Faith/Vala, and many more. You name it, you got it.
- Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to clean up your brain matter after Your Head Asplode from witnessing the greatest crossover pairing ever conceived: B/ASH, otherwise known as Buffy Summers / Ash Williams (Evil Dead). BEHOLD!
- TV adaptation Hornblower created a delicious red-coated Majorly Awesome Major "My Lord" Edrington. Hornblower fandom has taken a liking to pairing him with Badass Richard Sharpe (Sharpe) despite or perhaps because he's exactly the kind of officer Sharpe despises. It's usually full of Belligerent Sexual Tension.
- This video ships Lieutenant William Bush (Hornblower) and Miss Molly Gibson (Wives and Daughters). Regency England, a handsome naval officer and a pretty little young lady. It's very adorable and believable. There's a severe lack of ladies in Hornblower, the series being all Wooden Ships and Iron Men, so it's logical that these wonderful sailors would look for love in other book or TV 'verses.
- Reaper!Bones from Doom and Jim Kirk from Star Trek: The Original Series have a noticeable fan following.
- Spock (Star Trek) and Vaarsuvius (The Order of the Stick) is common. So is art depicting one cosplaying as the other, or some bizarre merger of the two. It makes sense, given that both are highly-logical pointy-eared beings given to Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness.
- Martin Crieff (Cabin Pressure) / Molly Hooper (Sherlock) has a modest following. Cabin Pressure and Sherlock are Friendly Fandoms that are easily crossed over. Depending on the execution, it can be a combination of Theme Pairing and Throw the Dog a Bone, as both Martin and Molly are rather unfortunate in many aspects of their lives and overdue for something nice to happen to them. (There's also the fact that Molly pines after Sherlock, who's played by Benedict Cumberbatch, the same guy who played Martin Crieff.) There also seems to be a small but steadily increasing number of fans of Martin and one episode character Henry Knight.
- This fic crosses over Stargate SG-1 and Torchwood. Pairings include Jack Harkness/Daniel, Jack O'Neill/Ianto, Owen/Anise/Freya, and Gwen/MALP. Bonus points for the title being abbreviated to CR:ACK.
- Irene Adler (Sherlock) / River Song (Doctor Who). Two badass ladies of questionable morals together at last. And both shows have Steven Moffat as the head writer.
- Sherlock/The Doctor. It's surprisingly popular, probably due to a certain photograph of Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant that's been circulating the internet, as well as one of he and Matt Smith hugging.
- Here's a snarky pair: Ashley Jeurgens (The Secret Life of the American Teenager ) / Flynn Jones (Shake It Up). One is a Little Miss Snarker, the other, a Deadpan Snarker. So what if it's Shotacon on Ashley's part, at least they're happy together. Don't let Amy and CeCe find out...
- Blaine from Glee/Zac Efron. After all No one loves Zefron more than Harry Potter.
- Sort of happened in S.O.L., in which, due to accidentally drinking a pheromone potion, Scully spends a lot of the story hitting on/making out with Joel (Much to Joel's dismay). Even after she's cured and apologizes to Joel, she kisses him at the end of the story, and Mulder teases her about it.
- Variations between characters of Homestuck, Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Durarara!! thanks to similar plot point.
- Max (Paranatural) and Baron (Vibe), mainly because of the authors' collaboration and the fact that both involve spirits.
- Several characters from Webcomic White Dark Life are paired up with several characters from Luigifan's roleplay series. However, only Damien and Dream become canon with most others becoming sunk or not going anywhere.
- Danny from Danny Phantom is quite a popular choice when it comes to crossover couples.
- There a picture of Raiden from 'Kaijudo kissing Taranee from W.I.T.C.H.'' here
- Jake (American Dragon Jake Long)/June (The Life and Times of Juniper Lee) is a popular ship.
- Tumblr once exploded with Norman (ParaNorman) and Dipper (Gravity Falls) fanart tagged under Parapines. This mostly seems to stem from their supernatural connections and general adorableness. Examples:   . The Norman and Dipper shipping grew into a sort Multi-player crossover entitled Mystery Kids or Spook Crew. Members include but are not limited to Dib, Raz, Coraline, and Courage Examples:      
- Popular "Mystery Kids" character roleplay blogs have Fanonized Dipper/Norman, Coraline/Mabel, and even Victor Frankenstein/Coraline. See here: 
- Then there's Randy/Mabel.
- Steven/Mabel is starting to grow in popularity, as well.
- Lisa Simpson from The Simpsons is the Launcher of a Thousand Ships in some crossover fics. She's been paired up with, to name a few, Dalek Sec, Starscream, Waspinator, Jack Harkness and Randall Boggs of all characters, although, with the exception of Captain Jack, those were all subtext.
- While not as common as most others, Lilo from Lilo & Stitch has ocassionally been shipped with Mac from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends due to a couple of similarities they have (being bullied, having a crazy non-human blue friend, etc.).
- Mordecai / Marceline. It even has a club.
- There is a Pepe LePew X Zim fanfic. Yes, you read that correctly!
- There are fanvids of the Ron Stoppable (Kim Possible) and American Dragon Jake Long crossover ship, as well as a few pics and fics. Because they both had a crossover with Lilo & Stitch: The Series, they are in the same universe (as are others).
- Avatar: The Last Airbender Azula gets paired with Wall-E. Because there is no better way to help cure Azula of her Villainous Breakdown. (This is a friendship pairing, not a romantic one, mostly because if EVE found out, Azula would not survive the night.)
- Mac (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) x Bubbles (The Powerpuff Girls) art exists. They are made by the same creator, after all.
- Thanks to Cartoon Network's new crossover MMORPG, Fusion Fall, there is Dexter/Ben, Dexter/Numbuh 5, Dexter/Blossom (though that could have been influenced by the Doujinshi), Eddy / Frankie and Computress/Professor Utonium.
- All of the above are either canonical or have some... interesting Subtext.
- On the other hand, an old Cartoonnetwork.com game, Cartoon Cartoons Summer Resort Part 4, has you playing matchmaker by pairing up some of the Cartoon Cartoons guys with the right girls. Said pairings as are follows: Buttercup/Dexter, Blossom/Edd, Bubbles/Courage, Deedee/Chicken, and Suzy / I.R.Baboon.
- An even earlier Cartoon Network ad showed that Johnny Bravo and Velma dated, but it didn't work out. However, another ad years later showed them going to dinner, implied heavily to be romantic.
- Even earlier than that, a 1994-95 Cartoon Network bumper shipped Race Bannon / Betty Rubble. Even better, another commercial around the same time teased this ship, with Betty calling up Race and telling him to watch Cartoon Network.
- Blossom/Aku, it even has a fan-following on deviantART.
- My Little Pony Friendshipis Magic:
- Princess Luna and Space Core (Portal2).
- Rarity and Rick the Adventure Core (Portal2).
- Rainbow Dash and Sonic the Hedgehog. Super Speed squared.
- Pinkie Pie and Shadow the Hedgehog is also popular on deviantART, probably because he seriously needs all the cheering up he can get.
- Twilight Sparkle and Shadow has its own deviantART group.
- Rarity/Silver the Hedgehog.
- Fluttershy/Tails has been done.
- Fluttershy and Spider-Man.
- Pairing him with Twilight Sparkle is even more popular, with tons of fanart as both humans and ponies. [[Rule34 Not all of it Safe For Work]].
- And, as of 2013, the surprisingly congruous pairing between the aforementioned Pegasus and the frog that friends forgot has been birthed into the world through a miss DevilCove of DeviantArt.
- Among bronies and Trans-Fans who are also fans of both Transformers and Friendship Is Magic, Princess Celestia/Optimus Prime is surprisingly popular. Likely given considering similar personalities and roles.
- Discovery has Skywarp and Princess Luna.
- Princess Celestia/Megatron has been done as well.
- Pinkie Pie and Megatron.
- Rarity and Knock Out is hardly unheard of either. They're fabulous together.
- Lots of pairings combining Man Six with Team Fortress 2: Applejack with Engineer, Rarity with Heavy and Spy, Pinkie Pie with Soldier, Pyro, Heavy and Scout, Fluttershy with Medic and Heavy, Rainbow Dash with Scout and Soldier, and Twilight Sparkle with Sniper via Youtube.
- Twilight Sparkle and Mordecai (Regular Show) With fanclub.
- Pinkie Pie and Dan (Dan Vs.), inspired by The Hub's own crossover commercials. They even go see movies together.
- Pinkie Pie and Deadpool is also something. The common interest in fourth wall-breaking, chattiness, and chimichangas helps.
- Chances are one might see Pinkie Pie paired with Loki.
- Loki's also been paired with Twilight Sparkle and (jokingly) Big Mac.
- Twilight Sparkle and Spider-Man has become very popular.
- Applejack has been paired with Grumpy Bear and Rainbow Dash with Funshine Bear in the surprisingly rare Care Bear/Pony crossover fan fictions.
- Semi-related, unpopular example: Pinkamena Diane Pie from the infamous Cupcakes and Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors have been paired together. Yes, there's a pairing between a murderous, fun-loving pony who enjoys torturing her subjects and a manipulative, singing, man-eating plant that needs blood to live. This unholy union may doom everypony, but they'd make a killer duet.
- A common meme: Derpy Hooves/Doctor Hooves. Semi-arguable; there's a pony in the show who (somewhat) resembles David Tennant, so whether this is a full crossover or not is the debate point; some fics treat him as the Doctor if he had always lived in their 'verse, others have him arriving and dealing with life in Equestria.
- Another Twilight Sparkle ship, this time (of all characters), Thomas the Tank Engine. Courtesy of the Pooh's Adventures series.
- When Wario met Mrs Cartman, an infamous fanfic, features, among other things, Wario of Wario Land meeting and marrying Cartman's mom of South Park.
- Hayley Smith (American Dad!) / Meg Griffin (Family Guy) (or "HayMeg") has quite the following on Deviant ART. It also counts as a Theme Pairing with both being the unappreciated daughters on Seth MacFarlane shows. There are people who add Roberta Tubbs (The Cleveland Show) to them to make it an OT 3.
- Stewie (Family Guy) gets paired with Maggie Simpson (The Simpsons). Fans do ship even babies.
- Almost all the YouTube videos of StelladeSolaria are about Stella from Winx Club and Ben 10. And they're popular. 1 million+ views popular.
- Squilliam (SpongeBob SquarePants) / Strong Bad (Homestar Runner)
- Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender) and Sasuke (Naruto): It's like Zutara with fifty percent less plausibility!
- Courtney (Total Drama Island) x Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender) it's like Zuko x Katara if Katara were more Tsundere.
- Ty Lee (Avatar: The Last Airbender) X Rock Lee (Naruto). It... almost makes sense. 
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: /co/ ships Azula/Doctor Doom. They have a daughter named Cynthia.
- Azula left Doom, complete with a "Dear John" letter. Apparently the good Doctor has rebounded and is going out with Squirrel Girl, but rumors of Azula returning are flying around.
- Prinack- a couple consisting of Jack Spicer (Xiaolin Showdown) and Teen!Princess Morbucks (The Powerpuff Girls) was made popular by Deviantart artist,Callyie-Chan She draws most of the fanart and has a medium following by the Powerpuff Girls fandom, and somewhat of the Xiaolin Showdown fandom as well. There is a fan club also.
- This couple could also count as a Theme Pairing due to the following tropes.
- Evil Redhead
- Spoiled Brat
- Harmless Villain: There was a episode where Blossom regarded Princess as such and we all know about Jack.
- Parental Neglect: Jack's parents are never there and we never see Princess' mom. It might be implied that her parents got divorced or she works overseas a lot. Also, King Morbucks doesn't seem to have an interest in her well-being and he's only around to give her money when she asks for it.
- Lonely Rich Kid: To an extend. They both don't have siblings and nobody really likes them much. It's also impiled that Jack comes from a wealthy family like Princess. That would explain his fancy house and he ability to build almost an unlimited amount of robots.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: They both use their families wealth for evil.
- The same artist also came up with Remcifica Remy Buxaplenty (The Fairly Oddparents) and Pacifica Northwest (Gravity Falls).
- Dib/Bubbles (aka Dibbles) has amassed a small following on deviantART and tumblr. Can also be considered as a Theme Pairing due to tropes such as Artificial Human, Cassandra Truth among others.
- Gaz/Jack Spicer. Tell me it doesn't make the least bit of sense.
- Korra / Naruto has gotten a pretty strong following, likely in part due to fans of both shows not caring much for the choices for Korra's love interests within her own series. Or Naruto's infamous Love Triangle for that matter. Take a Third Option indeed.
- And then there's Katara and Bender from Futurama as seen here
- Some fans of Timmy Turner from Fairly OddParents have made an alternative to shipping him with either Trixie or Tootie by shipping him with Dani from Danny Phantom instead.
- Owen Dennis, one of the storyboard artist on Regular Show, is shipping Mordecai, from said show, with Godzilla. And he's posting images of the couple on Tumblr.
- Light Yagami x Sadako from The Ring 
- GLaDOS / SHODAN
- Fandom_Wank has probably come up with the best, though: Toph / Tony Stark
- /co/ also has Toph/Venom
- /co/ loves this. There is Cassandra Cain/Terry McGinnis art floating around. It works so well.
- Kohaku and Deadpool.
- Another seemingly popular one is Azula and Itachi. It works if you ignore the fact that Itachi was apparently a good guy all along. Seen here.
- Another popular /co/ ship is Anne Marie (the girl from the early Above The Influence ads) and Frankie.
- There is a fic pairing Ichigo Kurosaki and Asuna Kagurazaka, after they bonded over their big swords. In a bit of a subversion, both considered a romantic relationship to be too "weird" and instead opted for "friends with benefits". They basically skipped the romance part of settling down.
- Dueling Analogs did Samus/MegaMan. They got married! Then it got disturbing...
- Saber and Kohaku. No, really. They're adorable, actually. Kohaku loves to cook, Saber loves to eat; and they both understand wanting to live their lives over.
- The fusion of Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, aka Warriors Orochi, played this to the extreme. Now we have Cao Pi/Mitsunari, Ling Tong/Okuni, Sun Shang Xiang/Inahime, Tachibana/XingCai, and so on and so forth...
- Da Ji regularly hits on Sakon in the second game's Dream Mode levels. Guo Jia/Ina gets some shipping going on in the third game despite the fact that Ina is both canonically and historically married to Yukimura's brother.
- There is a pairing for Gwen Tennyson / Jason Todd.
- Death The Kid and Kitsu Chiri; their love is so symmetrical!
- There are quite a few pictures where Rouge the Bat from Sonic series and Jewel Man from the Mega Man series are paired up probably due to their similar looks and personality traits.
- Zuttercup (Invader Zim and The Powerpuff Girls) .
- Soma Cruz / Botan. Basically, Dracula/Death as heterosexual teenagers.
- Antauri (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!) / Maguro (Sushi Pack)
- The characters of Baccano! seem to lend themselves curiously well to crossover shipping, particularly Luck Gandor, who to all appearances is the fandom's Launcher of a Thousand Ships and has been shipped with characters from D.Gray-Man, Gundam 00, Persona 3, and more.
- Sephiroth / Sydney works surprisingly well. Add Ashley or Aeris for bonus threesomes.
- Ever since the release of Dissidia: Final Fantasy, the fandom has exploded with inter-series crossover pairings. Most notable of all: Gabranth and Terra, often adding Kefka as part of a Type 7 Love Triangle with Terra as the "Alice."
- Sephiroth / Kuja, however, predates Dissidia by several years.
- Cloud / Terra has a following as well, as do Firion/Terra and Firion/Cloud. Why these three? Besides Cloud's interactions with both of them, Dissidia heavily implies that Firion and Terra remind Cloud of Zack and Aerith, and their personalities are reminiscent of them as well. It didn't take long for shippers to go from there. It helps Terra has no canon love interest.
- Cloud / Yuna has been popular for awhile now; a recent boom no thanks to Dead Fantasy.
- On the Chaos side, there is a large following for pairing up Emperor Mateus and Ultimecia due to their alliance in-game. They even briefly form a Battle Couple in the intro to lure Terra into one of the Emperor's Death Traps.
- Also, Exdeath / Cloud of Darkness. Three guesses why.
- The prequel, Duodecim, gives us Firion/Lightning due to their mutual bonding over flowers. Comes complete with Ship Tease, as Cecil (the only canonically married member of Team Cosmos) plays the role of Firion's wingman and takes his embarassment over wanting to talk to Lightning as romantic interest.antasy
- Venom/Orochimaru shipping is out there.
- Dib + Lilo. OTP.
- Dib/Luna Lovegood.
- "F___ing" Ribbons Almark and "F___ing" Proist Darius. One is a Magnificent Bastard of a Big Bad in a Real Robot series. The other's one for a Super Robot series. Seems obvious to me.
- Alucard / Abel Nightroad has somewhat of a following, as evidenced by this (which has over 800 favorites to date), this and this.
- Haruhi Fujioka and Haruhi Suzumiya. People have already thought of it and drawn it (pictures are worksafe, ads on page may not be).
- Konata Izumi/Haruhi Suzimiya is also popular, because they're both Kyoto Animation characters voiced by Aya Hirano (and Wendee Lee in English).
- Hiei (YuYu Hakusho) / Hotaru Tomoe a.k.a Sailor Saturn (Sailor Moon). It works. Considering that their series' respective creators are married to each other...
- Edward x Maka. Probably because of this.
- /M/ had this idea that Shinji and Noriko would make a good couple.
- JediAnnSolo's Massive Multiplayer Crossover comic series AGENCY seems to be built largely for the purpose of shipping Sandy Cheeks and Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Correction: JediAnnSolo has repeatedly stated that Sandy/Shadow is not Agency canon. However, this hasn't stopped her from admitting that they make a good couple or stopped her and her fans from pairing the two up.
- Bec/Amaterasu gets shipped a bit among the Homestuck fandom. Also counts as a Theme Pairing because they're both dogs/wolves with godlike powers.
- Homestuck fans love crossover ships, especially with the quadrant system allowing for greater shipping potential. Tavros <3 Fluttershy seems to be fairly popular.
- There is a piece of Feferi/Seychelles and became attatched to it.
- There's a few pics off Deviantart and a fan comic dedicated to Heloise/Kick Buttowski
- Rorschach and Hinata.
- Batman and Hinata.
- Wolverine and Hinata.
- Hanako / Zuko. Yes, it's as burn-scarred (and crack-tastic) as it sounds. Here's the link.
- Candace/ Squidward No Really
- Tails/Klonoa seems to be a relatively popular one amongst the Furry Fandom, perhaps inspired by a certain doujinshi featuring the two... ehm, hanging out after work. That the two already looked similar doesn't hurt, either.
- Damon Salvatore/Blair Waldorf shouldn't work, but the reasonably large number of Youtube videos beg to differ
- Prussia / Izaya has quite the following. If you subscribe to some stranger theories it could be seen as selfcest.
- Phoenixs SSBB Case Files gives us Phoenix Wright / Samus, as well as Samus/Solid Snake, and even Pearl/Pit.
- Ladies and gentlemen, Azula and the Human Torch. That's one hot pair.
- Marvel's Wasp and DC's Bumblebee. It works too.
- Sometimes you go for obvious subjects, but sometimes some authors want to make up perverted situations that normally don't exist. How about a hentai fanfic featuring Cecilia and Noblesse Oblige or Harken Browning making Cecilia wear Kaguya's stripperific outfit just to bang her in it?
- Ika Musume and Neko Musume. Why? That's simple: Cats LOVES fish and Ika Musume is a squid.
- Another weird crossover pairing is Airi with Ike. The reason? Maybe because both characters belongs to series with a fantasy setting.
- Nanoha / Setsuna. This one... almost makes sense since Setsuna is Gundam and Nanoha is the RX-78; it only really gets explanation when Nanoha's latest upgrade makes her look a lot like Setsuna's first Gundam, the GN-001 Exia◊.
- Kurama / Kagome is popular, and actually quite possible.
- In this Spider-Man/Danny Phantom crossover  the author pairs Valerie Grey and Johnny Storm.
- Starkiller x Fate Testarossa. For some reason, it seems like it just might work.
- The Young Justice Anonymous Fic Meme gives us Aqualad/Gear (Kaldur/Richie, or Kalchie).Here, now with a sequel/Coming-Out Story.
- Alexander Anderson / Ciel. Bayonet/sword throwing members of a secret Catholic organization dedicated to eradicating Vampires? Comes with awesome fanart◊.
- Young!Once-ler / Marceline has recieved a lot of attention on deviantART.
- Axel or Lea / Tsumugi Kotobuki. And yes, some fan art does exist.
- The Warden and Young Once-ler have also been paired off together, most notably on deviantART and Tumblr as "Wardler"/"Warden-ler". This is not without controversy, however, and has lead to much infighting among fans of Superjail!.
- The "credits" of Fantasy Of Utter Ridiculousness briefly depicts Jamie trying to put the moves on Patchouli Knowledge. Think about that for a moment.
- Trixie and Cobra Commander as seen here and here. And before you ask, the Commander is a pony in both of them.
- Due to certain fanfics that took off during the advent of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Homura Akemi has been kinda-sorta-shipped with Archer from Fate/stay night and Dave Strider from Homestuck, probably due to Counterpart Comparison.
- Hanji Zoe and Dr. Newton "Newt" Geiszler, discussing Titans and Kaijus.
- Jesse Pinkman and Mysta Chimera/Moon Maid II in Hottie3TheBestFanFicInTheWorld.
- Kurama and Ahri: Both are nine-tailed foxes, and Hilarity Ensues when both of them are in the same place◊. And while it's technically pairing than shipping, putting Kurama (and by default, Naruto) along with fox-type Pokemon like Vulpix or Ninetails is very popular.
- JesterBells: The pairing of Harley Quinn from Batman and Clopin from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.