was a show that aired on Nickelodeon
in 1998 and ran for three seasons. In the show Bobby's life is turned upside down when his cousin Skeeter comes to live with him and his family. Skeeter was actually portrayed by a puppet, but he was treated like a real person. Another character in the series was Bobby's best friend Nina who he had a crush on. Later in the series a character named Nicole was added. She was portrayed by a puppet like Skeeter, but was much more polite than he was. She became Nina's best friend.
This show provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: Being called short for Skeeter.
- Big Applesauce: The show is set in New York.
- Big Eater: Skeeter
- Bilingual Backfire: Skeeter had just...knocked over a T-Rex skeleton or something. A couple of women say-I believe in Portuguese-"The short one is in trouble" as they laugh amongst themselves. Skeeter replies in Portuguese "Hey! I'm not short! I'm still growing!"
- Crossover: With another Nick show Kenan & Kel.
- The Danza: Bobby is played by Robert Ri'chard
- Deadpan Snarker: Nicole, but only when she talked to Skeeter
- Disguised in Drag: Skeeter when he pretends to be a girl, gets into a popular all-female singing group.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Skeeter's was "Sugar Booger" in elementary school.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The title of the episode where Skeeter, Bobby and Nina learn the lessons of parenting; Sugar Daddy
- The Greatest Story Never Told: In "New Kids on the Planet" Skeeter had warped his friends on a space-faring adventure, thwarted a stereotypical bug queen overlord, and even planted a mole so that her 50,000,000 year old plot for world domination will be thwarted in the long run. Then his friends get neuralized by Kay. IN GOLF PANTS. Skeeter was with them when this happened, but he was not looking at the neutralizer. He rolled a natural 20 on dodge, the others call him stupid.
- Hellevator: Used in the TV movie New Kids On The Planet
- I'm Okay: Always said by Skeeter after he crashes into something.
- Intercontinuity Crossover - In the two part episode "The "Hoo, I'm Wild" Wild West" with Kenan & Kel.
- Kid-anova - Skeeter
- Motor Mouth: Nina.
- Oblivious to Love: Nina
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: In the TV movie "New Kids On The Planet"
- Save the Villain: In the "New Kids On The Planet" the villain is about to fall into what looks like an incinerator. The protagonists make a run for it, except Skeeter, who runs back for him while yelling "I got a conscience, man, I'm sorry!" and tells the villain to take his hand. The other characters go back to help pull when it looks like Skeeter isn't strong enough. The villian ends up doing a Heel-Face Turn.
- Schemer: Skeeter
- Shout-Out: Whether it was intentional or not the second episode was called "Skeeter's Toy Story"
- The episode Out of Control about a bringing a speeding bus to safety is one for Speed
- The title of the episode Miracle on 32nd Skeet however it was not a Christmas episode.
- After "New Kids on The Planet," the gang is neuralized by Expies of Agents Jay and Kay.
- Taught by Television: subverted in "New Kids on the Planet" where Skeeter tries to show of his "Kung Fu Skills" from watching tons of martial films to aliens. The aliens then pulled an Indian Jones, and just shot near him. Skeeter surrenders immediately.
- However, Bobby did manage to fly a NASA rocket ship thanks to a flight simulator video game.
- Title Drop: Happened a few times, but it wasn't out of the ordinary, as Bobby would introduce Skeeter to people saying "This is my cousin Skeeter."
- Vague Age: Skeeter