Cirque du Nie
is a Roleplay
group from the website Deviant ART
. It is a horror-themed story, set in the Victorian Era. It follows a set plot, but characters created by members interact with the story as it goes along. It's basically a circus of fear
It follows the adventures of the Cirque du Nie, a travelling freak show, led by the manager
. Most of the freaks were once human, but lured into the circus by Sebastian, who invites them to drink a toast in friendship
(thus, unknowingly signing a Deal with the Devil
). He then binds them with a Magically-Binding Contract
and the character wakes up, transformed into a freak, with many mysteries and horrors to come...
This story is not yet fully revealed, so many fitting tropes will be missing to avoid spoiling the plot for the members.
This RP includes examples of...
- All Women Are Lustful: Not ALL of the female cast, of course, but Lacey, Carmelle, and Lizzy set quite a good example.
- Asshole Victim: Elizabeth's Father, from the Jacob-Elizabeth side rp where Elizabeth ran from home because her father was being an asshole.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: A few characters.
- Came Back Wrong
- Circus of Fear: The entire theme of the plot, mixed with Gothic Horror elements.
- Cursed with Awesome
- Dark and Troubled Past: ...A lot of the characters.
- Demonic Dummy: Mr. Tilmitt, who also seems to know more than he lets on about the Cirque.
- Demonic Possession: Happens to Achi. A LOT. In a similar way, Hyungmin's body was eaten completely by maggots- and so, her maggots now have her body, while she maintains control over the maggots. Double possession, in a way.
- Evil Plan: Timothy kidnaps Emily and runs away with her, saying that he will control the power of the Cirque. He gets cornered, then killed by Sebastian (who is in a rage that Timothy tried to hurt Emily).
- Eye Scream: One of the Manager's favorite punishments is to rip or stab the freaks' eyes out.
- Femme Fatale: Marcella, a foxy temptress.
- Guy on Guy is Hot: When Beckers gets possessed and waltzes with Jean.
Daniella: Well ... this is a bit awkard to watch...
Pat: Indeed it is, Daniella.... but... at the same time..... *giggles*
Lemon: Very awkward...
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Some of the freaks dream of returning to their previous lives, while others have accepted that they may never escape.
- If You're So Evil, Eat This Kitten: Sebastian orders Beckers to whip Daniella, to prove that he doesn't love her.
- Insane Equals Violent
- Jerkass Woobie: Nightly, and possibly Max.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Alan.
- Living Doll Collector: NPC Isabelle, who lures men away and turns them into dolls.
- Living Shadow: Avis
- Lonely Doll Girl: Daniella, except that she actually does become a doll herself.
- Love Makes You Evil
- Love Redeems: Quite a few cases, though Sebastian disagrees...
- Love Triangle: Max and Pat fight over Fiona... who is in love with Jean. But what's even worse is that Jean loves Carmelle, who is in love with Nightly.
- Magically-Binding Contract: All of the freaks signed one, unwillingly (for most).
- Magnificent Bastard: Manager Sebastian, of course.
- Merciful Minion: Mr. Beckers.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Jack the Cannibal.
- Murder is the Best Solution
- Never Learned to Read: Sebastian and December.
- Of Corsets Sexy: Oh, Lacey.
- Our Ghosts are Different: The smoke figures who seem to be people from the past, some of which cry blood diamond tears (that leave marks on the hands of those who touch them).
One of them also possesses Achi at one point, and gets him killed. He gets better.
They also try to attack the freaks.
One of them appears in the form of Achi, and taunts the characters.
One even possesses Sebastian, and takes control of the Cirque as Manager.
- Parental Substitute: Daniella looks after Achi like her own child. Later on, she takes Hyungmin under her wing as well. Nightly agrees to take on the role of being Kairi's father.
- People Puppets: Lemon has the power to control small dolls and puppets, but she can control people, too.
- Prince Charming: Hasami.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Hasami and Pat are extremely skilled musicians, and Nightly obsesses over sewing and sketching flowers.
- Resurrective Immortality: Nightly kills Sebastian at one point, but it turns out that he can't stay dead. The freaks are only brought back if Sebastian signs them rebirth contracts.
- Split Personality Takeover: Jean suffers from being taken over by his tattoo personas. Especially Az.
- Sympathy for the Devil: Sebastian receives sympathy from a few characters, including Sarah and Jack.
Jack: Maybe he's really lonely... and he's scared of losing us, so he tries his hardest to keep us with him!
- The Chess Master: Sebastian. Again.
Sebastian: Don't you get it... I have the power to go anything to you... I can kill every single person in this damn cirque who you hold close... Make them beg for their lives unless I end them.... Doesn't this go through your little shit piece for a brain? I can take Everything from you.
- The Man Behind the Man
- The Voice: Appears, usually accompanied with smoke and/or Creepy Circus Music.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Sebastian is quite fond of this.
- Wangst: Quite a few characters, once again.
- White Mask of Doom: December, who has a mask locked onto his face that can only be removed- with Sebastian's key.
- Woobie: December, Sebastian's shy younger brother with mental issues.
Carmelle: But what about his brother... What will happen to him? He didn't do anything, he's innocent!