A pair of young slackers who provide a steady stream of neologistic
slang for America's youth.
May overlap with Those Two Guys
and Heterosexual Life-Partners
Anime and Manga
- Joey and Chandler from Friends, although arguably Chandler spouts the catch phrases and Joey responds merely predictably.
- Sam and Dean Winchester.
- Shawn and Gus from Psych. Oh, Lord, the catchphrases.
- Wheel of Fortune host-hostess tandem Pat Sajak and Vanna White usually sign off with some variation of "We'll see you next time." "Bye bye!"
- Similarly, Chuck Woolery and Stacey Hayes (later Shandi Finessey) of Lingo would sign off with "It's not just letters…" "…it's Lingo."
- Community: "TROY AND ABED SAY THEIR CATCH PHRASE!"
- Though not young, not American, not really slackers and often just giving old phrases national airing, Radio 1 DJs Mark and Lard were a two-man catchphrase factory, whose comic nonsense was borrowed by other Djs and requested by listeners regardless of context.