The Cam Whore is a young lady — typically pretty and nubile — who teases willing visitors on her webcam in exchange for goods, typically via their Amazon wish lists. Exactly how much a Cam Whore shows off depends on her propriety and 'character', but most seem to make a healthy second income from just showing off their underwear. Charging actual money or going into explicit sex acts takes one out of Cam Whore territory and into the actual porn bracket. Incredibly, there is now an entirely virtual version of the Cam Whore thanks to the invention of Second Life, where people will turn their avatars into virtual strippers or lap dances in exchange for Virtual money (Lindens). This can then be exchanged for real currency. Not to be confused with the derogatory term for people who like to take photos of themselves (and upload them on the internet) way too often, or with people who insist on being front-and-center in any picture or video taken in their vicinity.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- It's strongly implied that Mari Gotojuki of Digimon V-Tamer 01 did this or a toned-down version of it before she was recruited by Neo Saiba.
- In Chobits, Chi is tricked into becoming one of these for a time, but ultimately rescued before things get too explicit.
- Kate on United States Of Tara briefly becomes this during Season 2.
- Nikki on Heroes was introduced this way.
- This is one of the character classes you can choose to play in Forum Warz.
- Midori (aka Dolly) from Devil Survivor.
- In World of Warcraft, some players would strip their female Night Elf characters out of their armor and have them sexy dance on top of the Ironforge mailbox for tips.