is a YouTube
A very avid video game fan, he has a video game review series which reviews various games from the past and present. Oddly enough, the series began as a contest video for The Angry Video Game Nerd
, where he reviewed Krusty's Super Fun House
. And it all went uphill from there. At first, he reviewed games on YouTube. Next, he joined a review site called Gameular as a beta member, and his reviews premiered there. After a while, he left Gameular for ScrewAttack
, and now posts videos on Blip.tv. His latest video was released in December/November, and new videos are coming soon.
In addition to his reviews, he makes other videos, including "TV Sucks Now", in which he criticize's the constant complaining of TV and shows his views on children's networks.
Tropes used by blueluigi and his videos:
- Black Comedy: A supplement to his "'TV Sucks Now' Videos" episode revolving around Fox Kids has a whiny Fox Kids fanboy threatening to injure, even kill himself, just to get Fox Kids back on the air.
- Catch Phrase: "Hello, people" from his "'TV Sucks Now' Videos" series.
- Caustic Critic: He was one in his reviews of Krusty's Super Fun House and the video games based off of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but he averts it elsewhere.
- Christmas Episode: He does one every year. Most of them are vlog-esque updated, but the aforementioned Rudolph video was a review.
- Disproportionate Retribution: One video, where he fakes an angry phone call to Cartoon Network, has him threaten to kill the network's president.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: His Krusty's Super Fun House review include such words as "frickin" and "crud". Although he started to curse a little more during his Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer review by calling it a crappy game and that the minigames are boring as hell, and "Dead Man's Luck" has even more swearing, including a character saying "shit" at one point.
- Time-Compression Montage: His Punch-Out review featured one where he works hard to beat Mr. Dream. The music playing in the background is Eye of the Tiger and it shows that time has passed by with the alarm clock in his room with a transition showing the later time.
- Off Model: His Flip the Frog cartoon (not to be confused with the Golden Age cartoon character or the character used by Eric Schwartz) has pretty rough animation.
- Re Cut: While all of the episodes of Blueluigi Video Game Reviews have been uploaded completely unedited on Gameular (Season 1 episodes) and Blip.tv. Some of the episodes, however, were edited down on Youtube due to their time limit. Here are some examples:
- His Punch-Out review, which is 14 minutes long, has been edited down to 11 minutes when it was first uploaded on Youtube. The scenes that were cut include comparing Piston Honda during intermission and the fight, the King Hippo fight, and the Eye of the Tiger montage. Although the Eye of the Tiger montage is edited out, some of the shots from the montage with Blueluigi talking is kept intact. The uncut version of his Punch-Out review is finally uploaded on Youtube on August 22, 2010.
- The Super Punch-Out review went through the same thing. It was originally 13 minutes long, but was edited down to 9 minutes when it was uploaded on Youtube. The scenes that were cut included the two minute sequence when he talked about the three NES Punch-Out characters and all of the mentions of King Hippo. The full version was finally uploaded on Youtube on May 16, 2011.
- His review for Mega Man 2 and 3 was split into two different videos when it was uploaded on Youtube, with one video covering Mega Man 2 and the other covering Mega Man 3. The same thing also happened with his review of Mega Man 4 and 5. Neither of the full versions has even been uploaded on Blueluigi's Youtube channel.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In "Merry Christmas 2008", one of the projects he said he would upload in 2009 was his final project for his media class, a video titled "My Life in Gaming", which was submitted to his local college film festival. Years have passed, and yet he still hasn't uploaded the video to YouTube.