Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir!
Mal: Ain't we just.
- Anime and Manga
- Comic Books
- Fan Works
- Live-Action TV
- Professional Wrestling
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games (including Visual Novels)
- Web Original
- Western Animation
- Real Life
- It is said that King Arthur will return in England's hour of greatest need.
- The same is said about Dom Sebastião of Portugual. It's called Sebastianism.
- The Other Wiki has a page for this "folk-motif" called Sleeping King.
- Some Jews believe this of a coming Messiah. Christians believe in the Second Coming of Jesus.
- Muslims also believe in the Second Coming in way that invokes this trope; the big difference is that Jesus is just one of many Prophets, not the Big Good Himself. Instead of dying on the cross, he was spared and taken up to Heaven still alive as a miracle. In the last days, he is expected to return to Earth to help marshall the forces of Good and then die a mortal death in the final battle against Evil.
- Jesus' first coming is a double subversion of this trope. None of his disciples believed that he was going to die on the cross; they thought he would be mounting an army to take over the Romans.