A total conversion mod for Minecraft
created by user Flower Child, that adds mechanical power to the game, which creates a wide variety of things ranging from elevators to pottery. There are also a large number of change to game mechanics ranging from mob behavior to starvation and mining. There is a wiki
- Crossover: A co-op between Flower Child and Buildcraft creator Space Toad to create Better Than Buildcraft. Currently discontinued.
- Difficult but Awesome: Refined Tools require a LOT of work to get, but are better than even diamond tools.
- I'm A Wolfitarian: You can feed wolfchops to wolves. They will instantly turn hostile even if you've tamed them.
- Self-Imposed Challenge: An option has been added that disables the use of buckets, called "Hardcore Bucket."
- Just having this mod installed is one of these. Beds are no longer usable at all, eating too much slows you down, armor slows you down, explosives are much more bothersome to get, iron is now worth 1/9th of what it was in the normal game. There's a reason Flower Child puts the term "Hardcore" before nearly every change to Minecraft he makes.
- Soul Jar: Soul Urns. Also a partial case with Soulforged Steel, which requires Soul Urns to make.
- Tech Tree: There are specified ages within the game, and you must make a certain item considered to be the "head" which unlocks the next age and allows you to craft more items. There's a full list here, with the ages listed. It is so huge people in the forums call the one in vanilla "tech shrub" here
- Savage Wolves: The Beast.