is a freeware fighting game developed by Cartoons! from Smogon
in 2D Fighter 2nd. It uses Pokémon
style characters created by Smogon itselfnote
, but you wouldn't be able to tell without fairly close inspection of the game (or the link in the game credits).
You fight in a true 2D environment, using eleven characters of varying styles and abilities to beat the snot out of the AI or a friend. It can also be played over the internet using Lunaport.
Contains examples of:
- And I Must Scream: In Revenankh's ending, a thief stole his treasure while he was gone, which turn out to be the secrets of the universe. However, the thief must now spend the rest of eternity guarding said secrets.
- An Ice Person: Syclant.
- Anti-Villain: Revanankh is bound to serve an entity who is strongly implied to be malevolent. At the end of his Sweatin' arcade mode, he does a Heel Face Turn.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Kitsunoh gives a Breaking Speech to the player directly in her ending.
- Confusion Fu: Kitsunoh's primary fighting style. Fidgit also has elements of this due to the variety of ways he can be played.
- Dem Bones: Skulloton, who is also a robot.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Colossoil's Earthquake and Fidgit's Earth Power attacks.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Fidgit.
- Excuse Plot: Each character has a story as to why they're fighting each other in the arcade mode, but it's pretty flimsy - Syclant is hungry, Revenankh is overprotective, Pyroak is trying to file a claim of land ownership on the forest he lives in, Fidgit is looking for friends, Stratagem is protecting his younger brother, Colossoil is embroiled in a contest of machoness with his own horn, Cyclohm is trying to make it rain again, Kitsunoh simply wants to make people suffer, Arghonaut is trying to recruit people into his pirate crew, Vitalimar is beating up a group of his own admirers, Krilowatt is trying to escape Arghonaut's grasp, Cascavian is trying to fix his meditating waterfall, and Skulloton is trying to make the world more awesome (which he interprets as "sticking his face everywhere").
- Fan Nickname: Skulloton is sometimes referred to as 'Akuma' on the Sirlin board to avoid spoilers.
- Flechette Storm: Syclant's super, Blizzard.
- Fragile Speedster: Krilowatt, Stratagem and Kitsunoh. Syclant is of the Glass Cannon variety.
- Ghost Lights: Kitsunoh's Will-o'-Wisp ability.
- Glass Cannon: Skulloton and, to a lesser degree, Syclant.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Arghonaut.
- Healing Factor: Revanankh's Rest ability lets him fall asleep to recover health.
- Heel Face Turn: Revanankh at the end of his Sweatin' arcade mode.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Tomohawk isn't taken seriously by anyone in his opening due to his cute appearance, so he sets out to fight enough until his looks match his fighting prowess.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: In the game's training mode, you beat up a sack that is heavily implied to contain a Delibird (the only canon Pokémon to appear, and resident Butt Monkey of the CAP project).
- Lightning Bruiser: Colossoil. While his actual movement speed is slow, his special attacks give him surprising speed and mobility, coupled with large damage and the highest HP in-game; this is balanced by being a large target and lacking ranged moves. Arghonaut is a similar case.
- Meteor Move: Revanankh's Scarab Trap and Kitsunoh's regular throw, both type B.
- Mighty Glacier: Revanankh and Pyroak.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Fidgit and Arghonaut.
- Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie: Chock-full of this. The characters include a mummy guardian ghost, a plantlike dinosaur that shoots fire, a pirate octopus, a Mexican wrestler starfish, a literal cloud dragon, and a robot skeleton.
- Playing with Fire: Pyroak.
- Pokémon Speak: Naturally. Averted by Kitsunoh and Skulloton (who speak English) and Revanankh and Tomohawk (who don't talk).
- Power Creep, Power Seep: The game deviates from regular Pokémon when it suits it, such as the effectiveness of moves (for example: Rapid Spin, Fidgit's super attack, is a very weak move in Pokémon used primarily for its secondary effect). Most notable is Krilowatt, who despite having the highest HP of all the CA Ps in Pokémon proper, is tied for least health in Battle Capacity.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Tomohawk.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Vitalimar, and to a lesser extent Fidgit and Colossoil.
- Punny Name: Everyone. These are Pokémon, you know.
- Shock and Awe: Cyclohm and Krilowatt.
- Skill Gate Character: Colossoil. Massive power and a lot of HP make beginners cry, while he struggles against skilled players due to the fact that he can either inch along slowly or zoom around too far, letting the opponent pace more effectively.
- The Smurfette Principle: Kitsunoh and Syclant are the only female fighters.
- Talk Like a Pirate: YAAAAARGhonaut!
- Talking Animal: Most of the characters are animalistic, but behave a lot like people (Arghonaut and Pyroak in particular).
- Teleport Spam: Kitsunoh can do this, depending on how often the player uses her Teleport special. Expect to see it from the AI a lot.
- This Is a Drill: Colossoil and Fidgit.
- Updated Rerelease: Cartoons! says that he's working on 'a super secret batcap 2.0 project'.