A hilariously campy series of martial arts films
by Jackie Chan
, in which he plays a mercenary tasked with the retrieval of ancient treasures. Basically a slapstick version of Indiana Jones
. The movies are Armour of God
, and its sequel, Armour of God 2: Operation Condor
, would later released in the United States in reverse order with the second film released first as Operation Condor
and the first film released last titled Operation Condor 2: The Armor of the Gods Direct-to-Video
This film series provides examples of:
- Amazon Brigade: Used by the Big Bad in Armor of God
- Collapsing Lair: Happens at the end in both films.
- Dragon with an Agenda: In Operation Condor, the Dragon betrays Adolf the minute he gets the gold
- Heroic Sacrifice: In Operation Condor Adolf stays behind to enable the others to escape the exploding Nazi base
- Love Triangle: In Armor of God, Jackie is Lorelei's ex and currently with Alan, although Alan worries she still has feelings for Jackie and Jackie is still bitter she chose Alan. Although they resolve it before the end of the first film.
- Modesty Towel: in Armour of God 2, one of the ladies goes through an entire action sequence while wearing one of these, and loses it several times.
- Mass Oh Crap: During an intense fight scene between Jackie and some Mooks, someone knocks over a giant bomb. Everyone freezes and stares as it rolls towards the wall...
- Nazi Gold: This is what everyone is after in Operation Condor.
- No MacGuffin, No Winner: The ending of both films has both the Armor of God and the Nazi Gold lost by both sides.
- Religion of Evil: Practiced by the monks in the first Armor of God
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: The Nazi base is equipped with one. The buttons are bright read and clearly labelled in German. Unfortunately the girls don't read German...
- Those Two Guys: Amon and Tasza in Operation Condor