And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt
aka: And All I Got Was This Lousy Shirt
"I killed a PC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!"
Your parents went on their second honeymoon, your best friend went to Paris, or you survived the scariest haunted house in the world without needing to change your underwear afterwards
And all you got was this lousy T-shirt.
Truth in Television
. These T-shirts are everywhere
of Fun T-Shirt
Compare And Your Reward Is Clothes
open/close all folders
Live Action TV
- On Sports Night, on the night of the NFL Draft, Dana gets T-shirts for the crew that say, "I survived Draft Day at Sports Night." When she insists on everyone wearing them now, Casey points out that draft day was just starting, and thus, they hadn't survived it yet.
- Married... with Children: Marcy was so drunk when she married Jefferson her only clue to the fact she got married was the "lousy t-shirt" she got at the chapel.
- In Dinosaurs, after Robbie is drafted Earl appears with merchandise that includes "My son went to We Are Right and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".
- On the UK edition of The Apprentice, a candidate called Myles (aka "Mr Monaco") received one such t-shirt as a leaving present, which said "I went back to England to go on The Apprentice and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."
- One of the Zonks on the 80s version of Let's Make a Deal was a T-Shirt that read, "I got Zonked by Monty Hall!!!!". This was usually awarded as the Zonk in the Door #4 game.
- In City of Heroes, the Payoff badge is purchased for 1000 Mission Architect tickets. Its badge text is "I spent 1000 Mission Architect tickets and all I got was this stupid badge," capped by the badge art, an ">:(" emoticon.
- In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. "I completed Vice City 100% and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
- The Secret Of Monkey Island: "I found the treasure of Melee Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt."
- Also, "I beat the Sword Master and all I got was this stupid T-shirt."
- Warhawk: In one of the epilogues from the original Playstation game, it is mentioned that one of the pilots, after the events of the game, retired and resorting to selling "I survived the Red Mercury War, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirts.
- In Zangband, kill a Greater Hell-Beast, and it will drop a T-shirt saying, "I killed the GHB and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"
- Kingdom of Loathing has a variant; anyone who had an active account when the developers introduced Ascension in June 2005 was entitled to a trophy called "This Lousy Trophy".
- In The Order of the Stick, members of the hobgoblin horde fighting The Battle of Azure City receive T-shirts saying "I killed a PC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!" upon "killing" the illusion forms of several members of the titular party.
- And several strips later the goblins encounter Haley and Belkar, and say that maybe they handed out the T-shirts too soon.
- Count Your Sheep plays with this. Katie finds her mother wearing a pacman T-shirt and gives this response.
- In Monster of the Week episode Musings of the Cigarette-Smoking Man bad guys get ones with "I saved goddam democracy and all I got was this T-shirt" and "I joined the conspiracy and all I got was this T-shirt" written on them.
- If you backed the TV Tropes Revitalization Project on Kickstarter at $45 level, you got a T-Shirt that said "I Backed TV Tropes On Kickstarter And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt" on it.
- Ugly Americans: The Department of Integration is shut down in the "Kong of Queens" episode and Leonard goes on a bit of a bender. He ends up being worshipped a la Colonel Kurtz and is later seen wearing a shirt saying "I was a demigod and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".
- The Kids From Room 402: Polly McShane got one in Florida.
- The Life and Times of Juniper Lee: Ray Ray mentioned buying one at the end of "Monster Con" but no t-shirt with that kind of message was actually seen.
- Recess: Jeffery's parents went to Hawaii and all they got him was his trademark Hawaiian shirt.
- Sabrina: The Animated Series: The episode "Upside Down Town" had Hilda and Zelda get a souvenir shirt, which reads "Rome burned and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".