All-Cheering All the Time
A Comedy Trope
. Cheerleaders are often shown speaking as if they were cheering in ordinary conversation. They might be doing this as a form of practice, or because they are just too stupid to know any other way of communicating. Alternatively, they might be shown cheering at inappropriate events; such as chess matches.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Ranma ½ character Mariko Konjō, though we only ever see her when she's actively being a Combat Cheerleader so she might not talk that way in civvies. Then again, this is Ranma ½.
- When Paige was trying out for cheerleading in FoxTrot, she started using cheers all the time; including while giving a (correct) answer to a question on The Scarlet Letter in English class. In a much later arc, she joined the JJV (junior junior varsity) cheer squad and was sent to cheer at events like chess matches and debates.
- In Zits, a group of cheerleaders use cheers to encourage Pierce to put some litter in the bin, causing him to remark that "There is such a thing as too much school spirit".
Films — Live-Action
- A deleted scene from Bring It On showed one character reviewing for the SATs by converting the answers into cheers to make them easier for her to memorise.
- Psychonauts has Crystal and Clem, who deliver pretty much all their lines in cheer form.
- Club Penguin used to have a play called "Team Blue's Rally 2", in which one of the characters was a cheerleader named Bella, who put everything that happened during the play in her cheers, and all she ever did was cheer.
- Contrary to expectations, Cheerleader of the Teen Girl Squad does not do this. However, Cheerleader Brian does, and his constant cheering at the prom ends up frustrating (and ultimately killing) Cheerleader.
- The Veggie Tales episode "Tomato Sawyer And Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue" had a trio of female pea cheerleaders who showed up at random times during the story.
- Fanboy and Chum Chum: "2-4-6-8! I think I might regurgitate!"
- Kick Buttowski: "2-4-6-8! Battle Snax is really great!"
- In The Spectacular Spider Man, one episode has the supporting cast quoting Shakespeare passages in auditioning for the school play. Sally Avril turns hers into a cheer - needless to say, she doesn't get a part.
- Daria sometimes did this with Brittany, such as in "Malled" when she tries to start a cheer on the bus ride to a field trip. Her main Verbal Tic is her squeak, however.
- In the double-length Fairly OddParents episode, "Timmy's Secret Wish", Timmy wishes for his own groupies that will constantly cheer for him. However, during Timmy's trial, the groupies will not leave Timmy alone with their constant cheering for him.
- Pixel Pinkie: Happens to Nina in "The 'B' Word" when a carelessly worded statement (that she wished she could be as enthusiastic about cheering for basketball as Pinkie) to Literal Genie Pinkie causes her start speaking in cheers every time someone mentions the word "basketball".