Adopted Soccer Song
In the UK in particular, as well as football teams having their own club songs similar to the USA's Football Fight Songs
, some clubs have adopted pop songs as anthems, used to similar effect. They may or may not alter the lyrics - a general rule of thumb is that if a song is embraced by the fans long term, the lyrics are unaltered, if it's embraced short term (usually to celebrate a player), the lyrics will be altered in usually entertaining ways. Accordingly, only more notable examples are mentioned here.
- Chelsea FC - Lola (with 'Lola' usually being substituted for 'Zola' in honour of striker Gianfranco Zola), The Liquidator
- Everton FC - Z Cars Theme
- Glasgow Celtic - You'll Never Walk Alone, Just Can't Get Enough.
- Glasgow Rangers - Simply the Best
- Liverpool FC - You'll Never Walk Alone, being the first club to adopt it, (Celtic fans dispute this) and are undoubtedly the club with which it is most closely associated.
- Leeds United - Marching on Together
- Manchester City - Blue Moon
- Manchester United - This Is The One
- West Ham - I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles