Generally, acronyms make poor trope names. However, there are exceptions to the rule. This is the place to decide which is which.
See also Recursive Acronym
. Contrast Fun with Acronyms
Acronyms to Keep
- AIR - it appears to be the formal name of the series
- Better on DVD - DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc (formerly Digital Video Disc)
- BFG - more family-friendly than having a trope named "Big Fucking Gun" all over the website
- BFS - ditto for "Big Fucking Sword"
- CLAMP - a.k.a. "Clamp" because it's actually the group's name, not an acronym
- The CSI Effect - CSI stands for the show CSI (which itself stands for Crime Scene Investigation or Crime Scene Investigator, depending on the usage)
- DVD Bonus Content - DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc (formerly Digital Video Disc)
- ECW - "Extreme Championship Wrestling" (formerly stood for "Eastern Championship Wrestling")
- GIFT - "Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory", which would have the same problem as BFS
- MST - originally "Mystery Science Theater", now a fan-speak verb meaning to give something the MST3K treatment
- Off-the-Shelf FX - "Off The Shelf Effects" (FX is a homonym, not an acronym)
- RPG Elements - "Roleplaying Game Elements"
- SNK Boss - SNK refers to the company "SNK Playmore" and its predecessor, "Shin Nihon Kikaku"
- WCW - "World Championship Wrestling"
- WWE - "World Wrestling Entertainment"
Expansions to Keep: