There is no magic in our world... anymore. There is a world where magic survives... and they're watching us.The RAIDEN Saga is a Machinima Web Original character-driven Urban Fantasy based on the premise that Magic was a finite resource long since exhausted from the Earth, but on the other side of the Sun is a hidden second world, a world that is still alive with magic. Creatively enough, that world is called Gaia.The plot follows a sizable cast as well as the two Gaian characters. As of July 2011, there are only three episodes, even though the show has been in production for over two years, thanks to its tendency to dip in and out of Development Hell.The Raiden Saga is filmed in Moviestorm, and can be watched in HD on its official Youtube channel.
The Raiden Saga Provides examples of:
- Bishōnen: Kyle Chaen is supposed to be this, but with the limitations of Moviestorm, it's somewhat Informed Attractiveness.
- Comic-Book Adaptation: Supposedly in the works, using imagery from the machinima and the exact same script.
- Development Hell: The majority of the show's amateur/hobbyist voice actors are anything but prompt and punctual, and the creator himself has been plagued with computer problems.
- Easter Egg: The signs in Zoey's internet cafe.
- Everyone Is Related: According to Word of God, Mike (the guy that rescues Sonia) and Patrick are brothers, last name Dustin.
- Elieh's roommate and Trevor's girlfriend are also siblings.
- I Take Offense to That Last One!: When referred to as a "fickle little skank" Elieh objects to "little".
- Incompatible Orientation: Subverted with Elieh and Zoey. Elieh's not in love, he just thinks Zoey's hot, and Zoey's fine with this even though she's a lesbian, and Elieh is fine with that because he's too busy having one-night-stands to care about not shagging Zoey.
- Killed Off for Real: Trevor Reynolds is killed in the first episode, which jump-starts a few of the plot threads and bends others.
- Magic A Is Magic A: Heavily implied, but the actual workings of magic in the setting have yet to be explicitly stated.
- Naked on Arrival: Zya Raiden. Twice. Sort of.
- Nerves of Steel: Zoey Tayvia.
- Our Souls Are Different: It's established in Dreamer that a Soul is the power source of a person's magical abilities, and a measurable finite energy that can't survive without its body unless it's powerful enough.
- It's implied that while a person can survive their body's destruction as a sufficiently powerful soul, the reason souls were never experimentally detected on earth wasn't that they didn't exist, but that no one on earth had one.
- The Magic Goes Away: A general background theme that is important to the setting, but in ways that possibly have yet to be revealed.