The Bad Assassin is a Web Original
created by YouTube
user Horseless Productions
. The series follow TJ Berry who just got fired from his job at Cluckin Bell for showing up drunk. After failing to make any income he goes to an address on a business card given to him next thing he knows he gets knocked out with a baseball bat and becomes an assassin. The series is created with the help of Grand Theft Auto IV
All filmed episodes can be found here
This Grand Theft Auto IV machinima contains examples of the following tropes.
- Ambiguously Gay: While most likely Played for Laughs, TJ says that he "already tried penises" though he denies it about five seconds later.
- Amoral Attorney: Harry Blackfield in episode five.
- Big "WHAT?!": Redgie gives one in episode three.
- Bond One-Liner: TJ quips one in episode three.
TJ: Don't miss your train bitch!
- Bottomless Magazines: A kidnapper in episode four fires his AK-47 for a full 30 seconds.
- Bring My Brown Pants:
- Subverted. At the start of episode 2 TJ can feel his body wanting to shit itself since he's currently falling to what he think is his death but can't since he hasn't eaten anything.
- Played straight in episode four where TJ soils himself after an explosion.
- Again in episode five, where the guy who happens to be in the cab TJ jacks says he shat himself when the helicopter started shooting at him.
- Catch Phrase: "Holy shit!" for TJ.
- Chase Scene: Once per Episode.
- Chekhov's Gun: In episode two Redgie grabs some grenades from the weapons provided to kill a witness. Redgie later uses them to blow up a helicopter.
- In episode five, Redgie mentions he brought along a sticky bomb during a job to delete incriminating evidence of his boss. He later uses it to blow up Blackfield's attack copter.
- Creator Cameo: Horseless Productions gets on in a news segment in episode four.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The guard that goes after TJ manages to kick his ass into the ground for a full minute.
- Deadpan Snarker: Redgie and TJ.
- The guard that chases after TJ. He even jumps across a fucking building to get him.
TJ: Just fucking die!
- Also the LCPD according to Redgie.
- Driven to Suicide: The target from episode 2.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Failure Is the Only Option: Need a job? Become an assassin! Suck at being an assassin? Use a convenient bus crash to get the job! Need to blow up a helicopter? Use the van that happens to belong to the guy signing your paycheck! It just goes on and on.
- Guns Do Not Work That Way: TJ says that the only reason he tried to hold up the Russians with an empty pistol in episode 1 is because the gun jammed which he think happened because he forgot to put bullets in the magazine.
- Hey, That's My Line!: TJ steals Redgie's "pigs do fly" line from episode two in episode four.
- Make It Look Like an Accident: Redgie says this as part of the job description and this is how TJ's first hit is suppose to go.
- Mood Whiplash: TJ is slowly moving in on the target with awesome stealth background music playing. Then TJ finds the target dead who offed himself.
- More Dakka: In episode five, Harry drives a Buzzard attack helicopter to get the disk back from TJ.
- Never Live It Down: In universe example. Redgie tells TJ that he will never let him forget about how TJ shat himself after an explosion.
- Oh Crap:
- TJ's reaction when a target pulls a shotgun on him during a hit.
- Also TJ's and Redgie's reaction when they crash their motorcycle and start falling about 50 ft from their death.
- Redgie has this reaction in episode 2 when a cop pulls him over when his van is filled with illegal weapons.
- TJ again in episode 2 when a copter has been sent after him.
- Redgie when he finds out the van he used to blow up that helicopter belonged to that Don.
- TJ again when he starts falling to his death inside a fucking bank truck.
- TJ yet again when security cam footage of him is shown on live TV.
- Potty Failure: TJ "thinks he peed" himself when Vinnie scares the shit outta him in episode three.
- Record Needle Scratch:
- Happens in episode 1 where TJ starts to explain When It All Began.
- Also happens twice in episode 2.
- Right Through His Pants: After showing up at work drunk, TJ takes a shit in a sink with his pants still on. Justified due to this being caused by GTA IV's game engine.
- Rule of Cool: The show runs on this.
- Running Gag: TJ and Redgie getting into one fuck up after another.
- Sequel Hook: Despite the series not being over yet, Word of God has stated that episodes will be filmed with the help of Grand Theft Auto V.
- Sir Swearsalot: Expect TJ to utter at least ten swears or more every episode.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: TJ being the straight man and Redgie being the wise guy.
- Stuff Blowing Up: At least Once per Episode.
- Take That:
- In episode three TJ calls the Twilight saga a "mind numbing waste of time".
- Redgie also delivers one to 4Chan in episode four. He comes across it and says he feels dead inside. TJ is right there with him.
- Likewise, during the big car chase scene, TJ accidentally blows up a limo, causing him to think that he killed the cast of "Liberty Shore". Redgie thanks him for this.
- One is also sent out to Carlos Mencia in episode five.
- The Teaser: The conversation about pigeons having dreams and the car case.
- Tempting Fate: Ted does this after the pigeons dream conversation. The guy who starts the conversation even Lampshades it.
Ted: Ohh God kill me now.
- And almost immediately afterwards by the other guy.
- Too Much Information: TJ didn't want to know that the cop guarding the target in episode 2 was scratching his balls.
- Trigger Happy: The Angels of Death MC are this apparently.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: When TJ shows up drunk to work he states he only remembers what the police report says which includes groping two employees and taking a shit in a sink.
- When It All Began: After the spontaneous chase scene TJ introduces himself and explains why two Russian women are chasing him and Redgie in a sports car.
TJ: Well in order to understand how my life is now, you have to understand how it was one year ago.
- You Wake Up in a Room:
- Both times TJ is knocked out with a baseball bat in Episode 1, he wakes up in some desolate location.
- Also, after they're knocked out by an explosion during The Stinger in Episode 3, he and Reggie both wake up in a room.