Machinima / Team Fabulous 2
Team Fabulous 2 is a TF2
Gmod video created by the late kitty0706.The link can be found here.
It is basically a hilarious Shout-Out
Fest with a side order of Mind Screw
This video provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptational Villainy: Apparently Desmond Miles, Sam Fisher and Nathan Drake are working for Spunky.
- All There in the Script: Spunky the Imp isn't actually named in the video. He's only named as such in the credits as well as a bonus drawing on kitty0706's DeviantArt account.
- Big Bad: Spunky the Imp, a red mini-devil guy.
- Butt Monkey: The engineer who tries to build sentries but fails, thanks to the Spy.
- The Medic could also qualify, but then he AFK'd.
- Colony Drop: What Spunky tries to do to the map with the Moon from Majora's Mask.
- Curbstomp Battle:
- A Brief one between RED Heavy and BLU Soldier after the latter witnesses RED Sniper's last moments.
RED Heavy: We fight like men. *Miniguns BLU Soldier in an instant* Dead.
- Directly after BLU Heavy's Ubercharge runs out during his Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs scene, BLU Medic goes AFK, leading to some Symbol Swearing from BLU Heavy followed by a (offscreen) launch towards a sign.
- Dual Wielding: A soldier is shown firing two rocket launchers in Slow Motion during the opening battle.
- Firing in the Air a Lot: Reality Ensues when RED Sniper accidentally does this after trying to balance on RED Scout's shoulders and get a clear shot. He fires a shot into the air as he falls...and then it falls back on him, killing him.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: One right after the Let's Play parody.
- Fun with Subtitles: The conversation between the two Heavies on karts.
BLU Heavy: Do you remember me? (subtitles: Doo Yooh Rhemnmmembhur Vodka?)
RED Heavy: Yes. (subtitles: sandwich.)
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Lampshaded by Desmond after Protagonist makes a really difficult shot at him mid-flight. This leads to Desmond quoting Nathan Drake just before he dies, complete with voice:
Desmond: Yeah, good luck pal, that's almost impossible to- *bullet freezes directly in front of his head* oh you did it, nice.
- Intermission: A 30 second Lets Play of The Bourne Conspiracy.
- Interspecies Romance: Apparently, a Sniper has a kangaroo wife.
- Let's Play: Parodied in the intermission. A 30 second LP of Matt Damon's Conspiracy!
- Let's Get Dangerous: RED Scout after BLU Sniper scores First Blood on RED Heavy: "GET DAT MOTHAFUCKA!"
- Mind-Control Device: How Spunky the Imp is able to enslave everyone.
- Mind Screw: Pretty much the entire video.
- Mood Whiplash: At first, the animation itself is a very wild and chaotic Rapid-Fire Comedy, though not long after the animation reaches the seven-minute mark, it, while still being comedic, takes a more serious turn after The Protagonist releases Spunky during his brief venture in the cartoony world.
- Neck Snap: While waiting for the match to begin, a Heavy does this to a respawning Scout.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Heavy is able to throw The Medic at and then beat him to RED base.
- Precision F-Strike: Spunky the Imp's only line is to his enslaved army of soldiers, after displaying to them a photo of Protagonist, with the simple order of:
FUCK HIM UP!
- Rapid-Fire Comedy: Even when things get serious the jokes come thick and fast.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: At one point, BLU Heavy, while provided with a Ubercharge by a nearby BLU Medic, stands in front of RED's spawn point and does this, instantly knocking back every RED player until the Ubercharge wears off.
- Redshirt Army: Lampshaded - the last name checked off of Spunky's hit list is "Everyone Except Protagonist."
- Sealed Evil in a Can: What Spunky might have been inside Elliott's Fun Box.
- Shoe Phone: BLU Soldier uses his boot. BLU Engineer answers with a banana.
- Shout-Out: Oh so many...
- Sigil Spam: Following Spunky's release, he changes all the billboards and other artwork on the map into images referencing him and his allies.
- Single Tear: Spunky sheds one before being defeated.
- Take That: A 2D animated sequence, in which Engy somehow winds up in a bastardized version of Equestria and meets... uhhh... "Rainbow Dash," who has the words "I'm Gay" in place of a cutie mark. Engy rips its head off. This caused a flame war of epic proportions in the comments.
- Subverted about 30 seconds earlier, in which Derpy Hooves is graffiti'd onto a wall, and the character responsible doesn't get any more punishment than the five other people trying to graffiti the same wall.
- The Power of Rock: How Protagonist saves the world. Even though his guitar was broken he somehow MANIFESTS ANOTHER ONE.
- Troll: The RED Spy who keeps messing up the BLU Engineer's sentries, and at one point even becomes his Nemesis after he kills BLU Engineer a second time.