Machinima / Team Fabulous 2
Team Fabulous 2 is a TF2
Gmod video created by the late kitty0706.The link can be found here.
It is basically a hilarious Shout-Out
Fest with a side order of Mind Screw
This video provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptational Villainy: Apparently Desmond Miles, Sam Fisher and Nathan Drake are working for Spunky.
- All There in the Script: Spunky the Imp isn't actually named in the video. He's only named as such in the credits as well as a bonus drawing on kitty0706's DeviantArt account.
- Art Shift: The scene before Spunky the Imp is released is completely animated, and Spunky himself is entirely 2D animated (as opposed to being a 3D model like all of the other characters).
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Protagonist and Spunky have a combined total of seven direct speaking lines in the entire video, and yet they're the video's respective Protagonist and Antagonist.
- Big Bad: Spunky the Imp, a red mini-devil guy.
- Butt Monkey: The engineer who tries to build sentries but fails, thanks to the Spy.
- The Medic could also qualify, but then he AFK'd.
- Colony Drop: What Spunky tries to do to the map with the Moon from Majora's Mask.
- Curbstomp Battle:
- A Brief one between RED Heavy and BLU Soldier after the latter witnesses RED Sniper's last moments.
RED Heavy: We fight like men. *Miniguns BLU Soldier in an instant* Dead.
- Directly after BLU Heavy's Ubercharge runs out during his Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs scene, BLU Medic goes AFK, leading to some Symbol Swearing from BLU Heavy followed by a (offscreen) launch towards a sign.
- Also the fight between Protagonist and Spunky near the end of the video, considering not a single shot was fired between them and Spunky was simply defeated using The Power of Rock and nothing more.
- Dual Wielding: A soldier is shown firing two rocket launchers in Slow Motion during the opening battle.
- Firing in the Air a Lot: Reality Ensues when RED Sniper accidentally does this after trying to balance on RED Scout's shoulders and get a clear shot. He fires a shot into the air as he falls...and then it falls back on him, killing him.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: One right after the Let's Play parody.
- Fun with Subtitles: The conversation between the two Heavies on karts.
BLU Heavy: Do you remember me? (subtitles: Doo Yooh Rhemnmmembhur Vodka?)
RED Heavy: Yes. (subtitles: sandwich.)
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Lampshaded by Desmond after Protagonist makes a really difficult shot at him mid-flight. This leads to Desmond quoting Nathan Drake just before he dies, complete with voice:
Desmond: Yeah, good luck pal, that's almost impossible to- *bullet freezes directly in front of his head* oh you did it, nice.
- Intermission: A 30 second Lets Play of The Bourne Conspiracy.
- Interspecies Romance: Apparently, a Sniper has a kangaroo wife.
- Let's Play: Parodied in the intermission. A 30 second LP of Matt Damon's Conspiracy!
- Let's Get Dangerous: RED Scout after BLU Sniper scores First Blood on RED Heavy: "GET DAT MOTHAFUCKA!"
- Mind-Control Device: How Spunky the Imp is able to enslave everyone.
- Mind Screw: Pretty much the entire video.
- Mood Whiplash: At first, the animation itself is a very wild and chaotic Rapid-Fire Comedy, though not long after the animation reaches the seven-minute mark, it, while still being comedic, takes a more serious turn after The Protagonist releases Spunky during his brief venture in the cartoony world.
- Neck Snap: While waiting for the match to begin, a Heavy does this to a respawning Scout.
- Offscreen Teleportation: Heavy is able to throw The Medic at and then beat him to RED base.
- Precision F-Strike: Spunky the Imp's only line is to his enslaved army of soldiers, after displaying to them a photo of Protagonist, with the simple order of:
FUCK HIM UP!
- Rapid-Fire Comedy: Even when things get serious the jokes come thick and fast.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: At one point, BLU Heavy, while provided with a Ubercharge by a nearby BLU Medic, stands in front of RED's spawn point and does this, instantly knocking back every RED player until the Ubercharge wears off.
- Redshirt Army: Lampshaded - the last name checked off of Spunky's hit list is "Everyone Except Protagonist."
- Sealed Evil in a Can: What Spunky might have been inside Elliott's Fun Box.
- Shoe Phone: BLU Soldier uses his boot. BLU Engineer answers with a banana.
- Shout-Out: Oh so many...
- Sigil Spam: Following Spunky's release, he changes all the billboards and other artwork on the map into images referencing him and his allies.
- Single Tear: Spunky sheds one before being defeated.
- Take That: A 2D animated sequence, in which Engy somehow winds up in a bastardized version of Equestria and meets... uhhh... "Rainbow Dash," who has the words "I'm Gay" in place of a cutie mark. Engy rips its head off. This caused a flame war of epic proportions in the comments.
- Subverted about 30 seconds earlier, in which Derpy Hooves is graffiti'd onto a wall, and the character responsible doesn't get any more punishment than the five other people trying to graffiti the same wall.
- The Power of Rock: How Protagonist saves the world. Even though his guitar was broken he somehow MANIFESTS ANOTHER ONE.
- The Quiet One: Protagonist only has six speaking lines and Spunky only has one (three for Spunky if you count the dialogue in his introductory scene as his, and Protagonist's count is ignoring the scene where he uses The Power of Rock to defeat Spunky). They're also the respective Big Good and Big Bad.
- Troll: The RED Spy who keeps messing up the BLU Engineer's sentries, and at one point even becomes his Nemesis after he kills BLU Engineer a second time.