"Honestly if I was teaching a class on machinima, I would present yours to the students and tell them, if you want to make a good machinima, take everything this guy did and do the opposite of what he did."Tactical Noobs is a machinima made using Halo 3 by a guy who calls himself Matt Sonic. It is a series of comical vignettes. And it's bad. Like, infamously bad. You'll just have to see for yourself.
— Craig K (machinima.com forum member)
Tactical Noobs provides examples of:
- Axe-Crazy: The Crazy Burger King Guy.
- Bring Out Your Gay Dead
- Disproportionate Retribution:
- A customer orders a Big Mac sandwich at Burger King, so the man at the drive-through window tells them that Burger King doesn't sell those — and then he throws plasma grenades at them.
- Two guys announce that they just voted Barack Obama for president. The Crazy Burger King Guy states, "I voted for Mc Cain," and whips out a flamethrower on them.
- Driven to Suicide: The Fag.
- Ho Yay: The first skit is of Halo 3 players playing a custom gametype called "Capture the Fag."
- Jittercam: Probably not on purpose.
- Kill It with Fire
- Mood Whiplash: "No! Ben, no! ... He's dead..." [Ben Astley music starts playing and a Burger King logo appears out of nowhere]
- One-Episode Wonder: Matt Sonic got enough negative criticism that he never premiered episode 2.
- Word Salad Title: There's nothing "tactical" about any of this. And it's not the characters who are the noobs.