Machinima: Supermarioglitchy4s Super Mario 64 Bloopers
Toad: yeah well that's life
is an Australian YouTube
user most famous for his "Super Mario 64
Bloopers" series, one of many on the site, and as of January 2015 has over 300,000 subscribers. The series chronicles the misadventures of Mario
, his brother Luigi
, his "boss" SMG4
, and a plethora of Original Characters
based off of other Mario 64
-video making users.
The stories are nonsensical
, and there are quite a few spelling
errors... but it's all part of the charm
Now has a Characters
This series provides examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: When SMG3 and Bowser team up to kidnap the Princess, Bowser knocks out a security guard using a rock and they both walk into the room, only to find Peach taking a shower. Lucky the curtain was closed, though.
- Acid Reflux Nightmare: "Ssenmodnar 5", when SMG4 tells Mario he fell asleep watching the video starring Toad and him.
- Acid Trip Dimension: The Weegee World, where every surface is covered in Weegee's image.
- A Day in the Limelight:
- Luigi got one in "Luigi and the Haunted Mansion", followed by "A Lost Luigi" about a year and a half later.
- Also for Luigi: the 2013 Halloween special "Luigi's Retarded Mansion".
- SMG3 got many: "SMG3's Plan to Destroy SMG4 Cause He Felt Like It", "Join the Evil Side", and "Two Evil Friends", among others.
- Affably Evil: Bowser, starting from "Hotel Mario".
- A Fool and His New Money Are Soon Parted: Wario and Waluigi in The Wacky Wario bros: Money Mayhem. They become rich after swiping a stolen Briefcase Full of Money from a thief, but it eventually goes to Mario to help satisfy his lust for spaghetti until the police take it all back.
- All Just a Dream
- In "A Trip to Teletubbie Land", Mario has a nasty accident while fixing the castle pipes and ends up in a land full of Teletubbies. At the end, it was revealed to be dream, but the pipes weren't fixed yet.
- all lowercase letters: All text is written like this in the 2011, 2012 and 2013 bloopers, except when a character is voicing strong emotion. This is less invoked in SMG4's recent bloopers.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: A man is seen holding a "!raeN si dnE ehT" at one point. He actually says it like so as well, and X dismisses him: "I don't want your Japanese crap."
- Ambiguously Gay:
- A lot of characters have such moments, but Toad, Luigi, Bowser (following his Heel-Face Turn) and Mario stand out.
- Every Mook in Operation G.A.Y was a sprite of Luigi, some of them wearing a Princess Peach dress.
- Art Shift: Done deliberately whenever a character is doing something not possible in Super Mario 64, where Garry's Mod ragdolls are used instead.
- Possibly the biggest examples are in "Retard Karts 101", where because of the lack of Garry's Mod models done in SM64 style, Luigi shifts from being a recolor of Mario to a black-eyed plush which resembles Luigi's colors in the Mario canon more closely. This is only excluded during closeups of Luigi's front side, where he returns to SM64 Luigi.
- Peach, Wario, and Waluigi after he goes buff swap to Garry's Mod ragdolls (which look like their modern counterparts) when driving their karts, while Wario returns to a Mario Party model in front-angle closeups.
- Asian Speekee Engrish: the Japanese islander later revealed to be SMG3's henchman when SMG4 meets him a second time in "Super Happy Magical Fun Fun Island".
- Ass Shove: Cooking with Bowser & Mario 2 has Bowser escaping from an old man that attacked Mario earlier, which leads to the man ramming himself into Bowser's butt repeatedly. Mario's answer? Taking out a tank and blasting a bomb towards Bowser's butt, hoping to take out the old man in the process. The bomb does not detonate, and it is shown still stuck in Bowser's ass.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever
- A giant Mario sieges the castle in "Scatman's Revenge".
- Mario himself becomes this in "Free Lunch for Mario" after eating a Mega Mushroom.
- And again in "A SM64 Fairytale" to fight Bowser, who has also become giant.
- Attempted Rape: A large Boo in "Luigi's Retarted Mansion" upon it's first glimpse of Luigi's butt (which he called "ass"). Thankfully Luigi is pulled out of the room by the person who kidnapped Mario before the Boo reaches him.
- A Twinkle in the Sky
- At the end of The Wacky Wario Bros.: The Welcome Invitation, Mario kicks Wario and Waluigi out of the Castle. They vanish into a star in the sky.
- Happens again at the end of 101 Ways for Mario to Die, when SMG4 repeatedly punches Mario to the tune of Super Mario Bros. and then kicks him into the sky; Mario screams before twinkling.
- Author Avatar: SMG4.
- Awesome but Impractical: In Mario for Hire, Mario tries to win a race using a rocket-powered kart. Of course, the kart is impossible to maneuver.
- Ax-Crazy: Enzo when his party gets ruined.
- Occasionally Mario, e.g. when he threatened SMG4 with a knife, while speaking Angrish about wanting to kill him. Guess why? All SMG4 wanted was some spaghetti...
- Baleful Polymorph: Mario once ate a strange mushroom that turned him into a banana, which became pretty nasty once Donkey Kong happened upon him.
- Berserk Button: If Mario ever hears you trash talk about spaghetti...
- Also, don't say "no" when Mario Head asks you to hand him golden spaghetti. Otherwise, he'll suck up EVERYTHING, including the spaghetti.
- Don't ever touch SMG4's computer, or else you're in for a world of pain and death.
- Bestiality Is Depraved: Mario seems to have a thing for Minecraft pigs, as shown in "Mineswap".
- Big Damn Heroes: The policeman in "Birthday Freakout" who arrested Enzo, followed in the next episode (Luigi's Retarded Mansion) with Dr. Robotnik saving Luigi from a possessed, flying chair.
- Attempted twice in "The Visitor", with another policeman trying to arrest Enzo before being shot while shouting his Catch Phrase. Then, SMG3 appears and tries to slam into Enzo with a Koopa Clown Car, but he misses.
- In "Mushroom Wars", to save R2-D2 from a flock of Teletubbies, Mario winds up almost attacked by them until SMG4note barges into action and saves Mario.
- Big Eater: Mario has been shown to scarf down 35 bowls of spaghetti in exactly five seconds.
- Big "NO!": SMG4 when he's about to be squished by Gourmet Guy in "Mini Italians".
- Luigi in "The Switcherooveralls":
- SMG4 again in "Smart(Ass) Mario":
SMG4: Mario! Have you eaten any spaghetti?
Mario: What's spaghetti?
SMG4: (in Darth Vader's voice) NOOOOOOO-
Mario: Shut up! I'm trying to read!
- Again, this time by Mario, in "Bob-ombache":
I'm so sorry...I'm afraid you're pregnant
- And again by Mario in "Boil the Big Bully":
Mario: (sees a Bully knock over his fridge, causing his spaghetti to come out) NOOOOOOO-
- Luigi again (twice) in "The Visitor":
Dr. Mario: (checks a collapsed Toad by repeatedly crouching and standing on him, then jumps and sniffs) He's dead
OH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SMG4:
Shouldn't we...uhh...call the police? Mario:
Meh, it's just Toad. SMG4:
Okay, I guess that makes sense.
- Shy Guy in "Ssenmodnar 9" yells one out right before Gourmet Guy sits on him, complete with an Expressive Mask.
- Blatant Lies: Mario claims to have never used Scatman John's music in his life.
- Body Horror: While certainly not Squick levels and just Played for Laughs, Toad's "dance" has his head detaching and rotating 90 degrees clockwise reattaching on it's side, and his limbs merging into his body.
- Later on in Mario for Hire, Mario gets a rather very brutal and rather grotesque off-screen beating by the cashier that Mario attempts to convince to let him buy a kart for free as a promise. He returns to Peach's Castle with a very bloody and distorted face, resulting in Mario letting out a Precision F-Strike followed by an Oh, Crap reaction from Peach.
- Brown Note: Mario is forcefully clad in rainbow clothes in "Scatman's Revenge" that cause weird things to happen to anyone who sees him.
- Butt Monkey: Of all the characters in the series, Toad gets hit the worst, especially in episodes that only feature Luigi the residential Chew Toy as an one-off background character.
- Call Back: Remember that guy wearing monochrome clothes in Mario Goes Shopping that tried to tell a baby not to play in the streets before getting run over by Mario? He comes back in Mario for Hire to do the same thing to another baby, and like before he's run over by Mario.
- Some objects from past 2014/late 2013 bloopers reappear in the intro of "Ssenmodnar 7".
- The Cameo: Occurs most of the time.
- Harry Potter appears briefly before getting run over by a tank.
- John in "The Mystery of the Missing White and Blue". He also appears in other bloopers, to be exact.
- Game Reviewer in "Ssenmodnar 3". Apparently, he's the Super Mario 64 version of the Angry Video Game Nerd.
- Woody in "Spells n' Wiztards".
- Shrek in "Cooking with Bowser & Mario 2". He also made a brief cameo in "Retarded64: Mario for Hire" as well.
- Buzz Lightyear in "Retarded64: Mario for Hire".
- Wattson shows up in the gang of cannibalistic old men on Isle Delfino.
- Cannibal Clan: SMG4 makes the horrifying discovery that the elderly men in "Problematic Pipe problems" want to eat him.
- Can't You Read the Sign?: Long story short, in Mario for Hire on his quest to buy a new kart, Mario humps the inside of a kart, much to the salesman's annoyance at his direct defiance of a sign banning the EXACT SAME THING that Mario is doing.
- Catapult Nightmare: Mario gets one in "Peachosal Love" when Toad appears in his Dream Sequence.
- Chekhov's Gun: After Mario and SMG4 defeat Weegee in "War of the fat italians 2014", they find a "Weegee Board" in the aftermath. Not knowing what to do with it, the board is placed into the castle basement, and in the next episode to follow, Mario finds the Weegee board covered in cobwebs, and when he brings it upstairs to show SMG4, he summons Weegee into the castle. Fortunately he's friendly to everyone in the castle, except Mario.
- The Chew Toy: Luigi and Toad, though Luigi is usually the one being most mistreated by the cast.
- Christmas Episode: Supermarioglitchy4 made two of these: one for 2011, and one for 2012. The one made for 2013 is a song.
- Chroma Key: Whenever a scene is depicted using anything other than a Super Mario 64 environment (either one in vanilla SM64 or a ROM hack) such as Minecraft or Garry's Mod, a green screen will be used to represent the characters.
- Cloud Cuckooland: Peach's castle and pretty much everywhere else as well.
- Competition Freak: SMG4 in "The Blooper Competition".
- Continuity Nod: The van Mario uses to deliver spaghetti in "Mario's Spageti Delivary" makes a brief cameo in the mall scene of "Mario for Hire", where it's shown alongside the kart that's on sale. The modified Pink Cabriolet driven by the Tubby Custard Salesman from that episode is also present.
- Courtroom Episode: "Spaghetti Law", wherein Mario and SMG4 end up getting spaghetti banned in the Mushroom Kingdom thanks to some guy owning a house. They get it reversed in the end, but also end up with 20 years of community service because they were caught by the police.
- The entire premise of "Super Mario Attorney", complete with references to Phoenix Wright
- Cue the Rain: Lampshaded in "Scatman's Revenge":
Oh great, the weather's is
being a troll
again. Yeah, well I like water! Beat that!!!
- Curbstomp Battle: Seems to happen a lot, but the most notable time would have to be when Glitchy4, outside of the video game world, fights the entire Retarded 64 crew and wins flawlessly...that is until Toad knocks him out as he's walking away.
- Curse Cut Short: Frequently. Here are a few examples:
- "SON OF A BI-"
- "Oh, what the FU-"
- "B*tch, I'm FABULOUS!"
- "Ah sh**, he figured it out!"
- Cutaway Gag: Frequently.
- Didn't Think This Through: After being told by SMG3 he wasn't evil, Eggman uses a missile that brings a giant alien monster into the city, which then proceeds to destroy everything.
- The Ditz: Mario and Bowser frequently fall into this.
- Don't Do Drugs: The message is repeatedly used in the bloopers, such as in "Super Happy Magical Fun Fun Island", "Ssenmodnar 2", and "Yoshrooms".
- Downer Ending: Mario for Hire: Mario finally gets the money he needs to buy himself a new kart, and while talking a victory lap around the track, he bumps into residential Butt Monkey Luigi who is casually standing in the middle of the track, launching him towards the Heavy's machine gun, prompting him to appear and scare Luigi. At first Mario doesn't care, until Luigi calls for Mario's attention, which causes the Heavy to shift his attention to Mario (who previously put the blame on Luigi for stealing the Heavy's sandwich). Mario attempts to threaten the Heavy with a badass fighting posture and appearance, but is immediately defeated and launched across the landscape, with the brand new kart Mario bought following in suit. The kart lands on Mario, bounces off, and self-destructs.
- Driven to Madness: Enzo, the Original Character featured in "Birthday Freakout", is driven to killing Mario after he destroys Peach's Castle, where he was having his birthday party. Thankfully the police are able to arrest him at his house after he corners Mario with a small bomb, but Enzo still swears that one day he will successfully kill Mario, once and for all.
- Driven to Suicide: Mario after spaghetti gets outlawed in "Spaghetti Law". At first he does indeed die, before respawning in 3 seconds.
- Mario does mention wanting to kill himself after he is made into a Minecraft character.
- Dug Too Deep: Part of the plot of "Problematic Pipe problems".
- Early Installment Weirdness: Many of the earlier episodes can fall into this, preferably those that show the HUD on the top of the screen or don't use Garry's Mod.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: Super Saiyan Mario causes the Earth to explode at the end of "Mario Simulator" after throwing the game into the sun, killing everybody else in the process.
- Enfant Terrible: Baby Mario (or Pepsi as Mario calls him) in "The Babysitters".
- His monster form made a reappearance in "The Monster".
- Enraged By Idiocy: SMG3 demonstrates this when he chastises Bowser for not knowing what shampoo is.
- Epic Fail:
- When SMG3 calls for the escape submarine in "Super Happy Magical Fun Fun Island", a truck drops instead.
- In "Mario's Spageti Delivary", Mario winds up chasing a red Teletubby selling Tubby Custard on foot, only for it to escape in it's car. As it begins to fly away, it suddenly crashes into the boundaries of the map, falls back down to the ground, and blows up.
Mario: You don't. F*ck. With the Mario.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: When Mario, SMG4, and X all become Incredible Shrinking Men in "Mini Italians", they find out the hard way that life is hard when one is the size of an ant.
- False Reassurance: "What do you have to lose? Besides your life."
- Fan Disservice: Mario going naked.
- What is the first thing Mario does when he receives his new kart in "Retard Karts 101"? He strips and starts humping the front of it.
- This universe's Mos Eisley Cantina is actually a gay nudist night club.
- Fantastic Racism: Implied by Bowser when Mario tries to find a way to praise Steve in "Birthday Freakout". Also Toad in the Real Life episode. When Glitchy4 tries to pass him off as a talking toy to his friend, the most distinct phrase in Toad's rambling is "...smack the Chinese out of 'YOU!!'''
- Fat Comic Relief: Mario and (if he's around) Gourmet Guy.
- Flashback Cut: Done with the numerous times Mario invokes Scatman John's music in "scatman's Revenge".
- Flat "Wah.": In "Ssenmodnar 7" during a skit involving Wario and Waluigi repeatedly saying "WAH!", Luigi joins in with a small "Wah."
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: After examining his cursed clothes' effects on the characters, but not before making King Bob-omb explode, Mario asks the viewers if they still love him... and then the video drops in quality and gets static playing over it because of his cursed clothes. Oddly, Mario is aware of this.
"oh great now I'm all grainy"
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Done between Mario and SMG4 in "The Swap" with some magic spells from a wizard... and the latter is applying for a job. Hilarity Ensues, unsurprisingly, until SMG4 is fired thanks to the wizard who swapped them.
- This isn't the first time this happened in the series though. "Switcheroooveralls" had a similar plot, but instead involving more characters than just two.
- Done again with Mario and Steve in "Mineswap", where Mario becomes a Minecraft character and Steve (aside form getting lighter skin) a Super Mario 64 character. Steve seems quite sexily happy with the swap, while Mario gets very frustrated, such as not being able to turn the knobs on doors with his blocky hands and destroying toilets and plates/bowls of spaghetti. He and SMG4 fail to get it reversed in the end.
- Fish Eyes
- Forced to Watch: Mario becomes forced to watch Tubbie TV in the namesake episode.
- Funny Background Event: While Mario and Luigi discuss spaghetti in one blooper, Toad is seen burning in the background.
- The plane scene in "Super Happy Magical Fun Fun Island", featuring cameos of a Luigi plush (from Mario Party 2), a dead Teletubby, and a small glimpse of Pikachu.
- Note the Luigi plush also appears in the classroom in "Retard Karts 101".
- Genius Ditz: Though Mario is indeed retarded, he is the MASTER at eating spaghetti - 35 bowls of spaghetti in five seconds should sum that up.
- Actually, he's this at just about any food.
- Giant Enemy Crab: In "Castle Royale", the "animal guard" of the Woopwoop Kingdom is a Corphish, who suddenly morphs into a Ohumein-Conga and chases Luigi around the courtyard until Luigi bails out. It later goes in after him.
- Gilligan Cut: Parodied (and possibly Played for Laughs) in "Boil the Big Bully":
Bully Boss: The only way I can let you live is if you can transform into a Pepsi machine...
(Cut to a room in Peach's Castle, with Mario as a Pepsi machine. Mario barfs out soda and a moment after closes his mouth. He then burps.)
Mario as a Pepsi Machine: Hey! That was pretty good!
- Give Me Back My Wallet: Mario when Yoshi steals his wallet in "Wallets and Dinosaurs" which breaks into an all-out brawling war, just to get back the wallet.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: Or rather, cooking with Bowser.
- Great Escape: "Crime Time" and "Party Rock Prisoners" has the characters(s) trying to break out of jail. The former blooper has Mario helping Luigi escape from jail. The latter blooper has Mario and Toad trying to escape from jail together.
- Greedy: Mario when he won a million coins in "Rich Glitch".
- This also applies to Toad in "Toad Gold".
- Groin Attack: In "Mushroom Wars", Peach performs one onto the Trooper that is trying to flirt with her.
- Halloween Episode: Just like the Christmas Episode trope mentioned above, Supermarioglitchy4 has made one for every year starting from 2011.
- Hard Work Montage: Mario attempts to invoke a "searching montage" with Scatman John's music playing in one episode. This ends up bringing his ghost to him.
- Have a Nice Death / The Many Deaths of You: "101 Ways for Mario to Die".
- Heel-Face Turn: Implied to have happened with Bowser, as his own minions threw him out of his castle, forcing him to live with the Mario Bros., Toad, Peach, Lakitu and SMG4.
Bowser: see it's a funny story why i'm here… my troops sorta kicked me out of the whole evil thing so now i live here
- Here We Go Again: At the end of "99.5% Crazy", Luigi goes by Mario, Toad and SMG4 drugged.
- In the ending of "The Wacky Wario Bros.: Wario's Treasure Hunting Time", Donkey Kong appears in front of the Wario Bros., from their newly-found gold and diamonds.
- He's Dead, Jim: Dr. Mario tells the gang that Toad is dead in "The Visitor" after checking the latter's corpse, leading Luigi to bolt out a Big "NO!" and start crying over Toad's death.
- How the Character Stole Christmas: Bowser briefly in "The bowser that stole christmas.", simply because he didn't get any Christmas presents from Santa.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: The plot of "Mini Italians" revolves around Mario, SMG4, and X all eating a strange mushroom that shrinks them.
- Interface Screw: Happens In-Universe when Scatman John covers the castle with his likeness (put under some Windows Movie Maker filters), making everything completely black.
- What ultimately defeats SMG3 in "Super Happy Magical Fun Fun Island"
- Island Base: The "Super Happy Magical Fun Fun Island" is actually a base for SMG3.
- Jump Scare: Toad gives one to Mario early in "Youtube Mario?".