Smashtasm is a Smash Bros Machinima
series by Shippidge.
The series takes place in a universe where Super Smash Bros Melee
(and in season two, Brawl
) is an online-playable MMORPG
. The first season involves the main character, Super64, a noob to the game, who is tricked into a false tournament server by another noob named Killa7. Super64 meets another player named 1337f0x, who explains to him that there is no such thing as Tournaments. The story from this point on is a chase to find Killa7 and exact revenge.
The second season starts with the capturing of 1337f0x, with Super64 (now a moderator) intending to save him. More information can be found at the character sheet
This series has examples of:
- Accidental Hero
- Alternate Universe: This series has real life characters playing as Super Smash Bros. characters in an online game.
- Ascended Extra: In season 1, Lamp had a fairly minor role, and was pretty much a Mook, but, in season 2, he takes a more important role.
- Ax Crazy: PrincessH.
- Batman Gambit: The only way to get rid of Greg at the end of Season 1.
- Big Damn Heroes: Random people in episode 10, season 1
- Bilingual Bonus: Greg and l33tfox's full-l33t conversation. Spell out what they're actually saying as opposed to what the subtitles tell you. A few YouTube commenters already have.
- The Chase: Season 1's primary plot.
- Characterization Marches On: Lamp was kind of bland in his first appearance, showing himself as nothing more than a mook... In season 2, he's fucking crazy.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Lamp, and to some extent, PrincessH, who also mixes in Ax Crazy for convenience.
- Dark Chick: Technically Alan
- Disc One Final Boss: Killa7 is pretty much a jerk, but isn't really anybody important.
- Evil Twin: The subject of another video.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Online world of Smash Bros. shutting down by a bunch of crackers? We're all gonna die!
- Have a Gay Old Time: Faggot - A pile of sticks. If you thought it meant something else, then you are a terrible person.
- Imagine Spot: The scenario that takes place in Dark Sheik/PrincessH's head, right before she
betrays Super64 has a Heel Face Turn instead.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: With Guitarmasterx7's Brawlgasm and Dexterboy124's Wolfs Retarded Mission and Peachs Slutty Adventure
- Large Ham: The Narrator in season two.
- Leet Lingo: 1337f0x. At one point, he and Greg have an entire conversation spoken in (mock-)l33t, complete with subtitles.
- The Man Behind the Man: Greg and Killa7.
- Mistaken for Gay: a Running Gag of Gront and Grant
- Medium Awareness
- Mythology Gag: There are several Stealth Puns and Injokes in this series regarding other Nintendo games.
- Only Sane Man: Super64 as the cast grows stranger and stranger.
- Put on a Bus: Several characters aren't returning for Season 2, as their voice actors have had problems contacting or their mics don't work, among other things.
- Running Gag: Every time that Super64 has a flashback, it tends to be inaccurate, the characters even notice this, inside or outside the flashback.
- Schedule Slip: It wasn't until a year later til we got Episode 4 and two years after that for Episode 5.
- Serious Business: Moreso than the "Stop Having Fun" Guys, when did saving the online world of Super Smash Bros. become life or death?
- Shout Out: At the beginning of episode 4:
- Spin-Off: Grant and Gront have their own series now, aptly titled: Grant and Gront.
- Split Personality: PrincessH implies this, saying something about the other half of her brain.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Compared to Brawlgasm, very optimistic.
- Sliding Scale of Seriousness Versus Silliness: Compared to Brawlgasm, very serious.
- Talking to Himself: Both Grant and Gront are voiced by Edwyn Tiong, which makes their duet in episode 4 all the more impressive.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Grant and Gront
- Visual Pun: When Princess H asks "Can love bloom on the battlefield?", Super64 decides to test that theory by going to Battlefield, saying "Nope".
- Youtube Poop: Lamp's mind seems to consist of nothing but these.
- Also Alan, who's based on someone from a Volvic commercial named Tyrannosaurus Alan, the character itself being used by many YouTube Poops.