Machinima: Painis Cupcake
A famous Garry's Mod character created by the Youtube user RubberFruit. He is depicted as a RED Soldier who moves around in wild, erratic movements; either scuttling on all fours or slithering around like a snake, always with the sound of bones cracking or a shotgun cocking with each movement. When he approaches someone, he says "I am Painis Cupcake. I will eat you.", followed by an unnerving, open-mouthed grin. He then proceeds to violently kill and devour his victims. He quickly became a meme amongst the G-Mod video community, and has inspired several other "G-Mod Freaks".
Tropes associated with Painis Cupcake :
- Aesop Amnesia: Subverted. If Painis is beaten by another Freak, he'll remember his previous mistakes as well as said freak's fighting style, thus allowing him to defeat them in a rematch as seen in "Painis Cupcake's Revenge".
- Ascended Meme: In an official TF2 comic, Soldier hallucinates and attempts to eat Scout while loudly proclaiming "I am going to eat you."
- Big Eater: He tends to eat people much bigger then himself.
- Body Horror: Relatively benign compared to some of the more disfigured freaks, but don't forget that his bones make a cracking sound every time he moves.
- Catch Phrase: "I am Painis Cupcake. I will eat you." *Grimly smiles*
- Deranged Animation: Like most G-Mod videos, Painis Cupcake is animated via CGI stop-motion. However, even by G-Mod standards he will often move in jerkier motions.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: RubberFruit meets Painis Cupcake.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When he comes across Polite Spy, a much less popular G-Mod Freak, he finds himself unable to eat him since he is "too nice to eat".
- In Painis Cupcake's Revenge, he's shown as being fairly passive or even friendly towards fellow (non-hostile) Freaks like Soldineer, Intelligent Heavy, and Spyper.
- Follow the Leader: A number of knockoffs of Painis Cupcake were created, often following a "[lewd body part] [food item]" naming scheme. Most of them faded into obscurity, though Dic Soupcan, a Demoman freak, underwent Divergent Character Evolution and is fairly popular.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Painis Cupcake would be completely horrifying if it wasn't for his ridiculous name.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: In a Doom 2 mod.
- Humanoid Abomination: Whatever he is, he's obviously not quite human.
- I Am A Humanitarian: Chances are that you already knew that.
- Implacable Man: Once he's fixated on a target, only death and a Deus ex Machina can stand in his way... and those two rarely ever stand in his way.
- Leitmotif: "Puzzle in the Caves" when he sees you. Changes to "Demon Mine Cart" when he attacks you. This invariably causes Painis Cupcake comments on youtube videos with those tunes.
- In at least one video, Painis Cupcake stops bothering one victim when he turns the theme off.
- Made of Iron: Attacks that hit him rarely ever stun him.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: The aptly-named "Painis Cupcake's Revenge" has him go on one against several TF2 Freaks who defeated him in the past, including Christian Brutal Sniper and Dic Soupcan.
- Slasher Smile: Before he eats you, and he'll do it every time he prepares to eat someone.
- Super Mode: Is capable of entering an Ubercharge-like state by himself when sufficiently angry (This often triggers the music to change to Demon Mine Cart if it's been Puzzle in the Caves until then).
- Super-Persistent Predator: If he wants to eat you, your life expectancy just dropped drastically.
- Super Spit: Sometimes Painis Cupcake is portrayed as being able to spit shovels out of his mouth at a high velocity.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: Meet the Painis Cupcake.
- Trope Codifier: Although he is NOT the first G-Mod Freak, he is the most famous has had the biggest influence on other G-Mod Freaks.