Machinima: Melee's End
In a world... where Machinima is made mainly with modern games with complex texture-hacking and camera controls, one series dares to use an old game and nothing but the options available to them with an Action Replay debug menu.Melee's End is a comedy series. The main story starts with Mario convincing the other fighters of Super Smash Bros. Melee to stop fighting pointlessly and try to find something more productive to do instead. This decision upsets the balance of the game, and things spiral out of control from there.The first episode can be found here.
This show provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Marth is completely incapable of keeping anyone's name straight.
- Actual Pacifist: Mario
- Affably Evil: Ganondorf
- Butt Monkey: Mewtwo
- Card-Carrying Villain: Ganondorf
- Catch Phrase: "I'm Star Fox."
- Conspiracy Theorist: Samus.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Mr. Game & Watch
- Contractual Genre Blindness: Zelda's Distressed Damsel act.
- Cuteness Proximity: Master Hand is reduced to baby-talk upon seeing Jigglypuff.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mewtwo.
- The Ditz: Marth.
- Four Lines, All Waiting: Currently there are six lines, and at this rate growing.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Pichu.
- Grumpy Old Man: Mr. Game & Watch.
- Killed Off for Real: Donkey Kong
- Straight Man: Each group seems to have at least one, with varying degrees of normalcy.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Both Falco and Samus introduce themselves as "The Crazy Finger"; both they and Game & Watch make references to a duck war.
- Orphaned Punchline: "...that's no plumber, that's my wife!"
- The Unintelligible: Luigi and Jigglypuff.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Upon discovering just how powerful Dr. Mario has made him, Kirby's reaction is maniacal laughter followed by an immediate Face-Heel Turn.