Machinima / ICTON: Adventures in Minecraft
ICTON: Adventures In Minecraft
is a Machinima
detailing adventures in the world of Minecraft
, in the town of New Ictonington, Wergbabwe.
Along with the tour episodes (handled by Djy 1991
), bonus episodes taking place in Wergbabwe are released by other members of Icton, usually PsychoDuck
, and are expectedly random and ridiculous as the main series.
You can start watching here.
Tropes demonstrated in this series include:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Tours frequently get sidetracked for one reason or another, but a good example is Genesis's "I'M AUSTRALIAN I CAN FLY!"
- Big "NO!"/ Big "WHAT?!": PsychoDuck gives both when someone decides to blow up his house because it's "stupid".
: "Okay, so, basically
, this place looks stupid, so we're gonna blow up Psychoduck's house" (camera pans over to house on cliff, laden with TNT.)
Psychoduck: What?! No!
Psychoduck: Don't! No, no! No, no, no! (Only a few go off) What the fu... (Someone starts them off again) I mean NO!"
- Blatant Lies: PsychoDuck assures us that the Amazing Fish-Free Aquarium is only coincidentally a subsidiary of Larry's Seafood Emporium.
- Butt-Monkey: David is the target of much verbal abuse. Nomible as well; whatever he builds, they burn down (if he doesn't do it first, of course).
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Psychoduck and DJY walk in on Mendelevius being... friendly with someone else's crotch. He flew into a "masturbatory rage".
- Cloud Cuckooland: It's inhabited by the people of ICTON, so what do you expect?
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Everyone, to an extent.
- Crazy Cat Lady: Marcarco
- Creepy Monotone: Synchro starts speaking in a low, monotonous whisper at one point. For no real reason, of course.
- Crowd Song: After Abby mentions their destination is "just a step to the left". The tour stops so everyone can sing the Time Warp. Unlike most examples, it's not very harmonious.
- A Day in the Limelight: Marcarco, who didn't give a tour of his house (probably because he wasn't feeling confident with English, as made fun of by Abby), and who didn't get to talk about the barn because it got set on fire and blown up when he tried to, got a whole 10-minute-long video devoted to him giving the viewers Dutch lessons on one of Djy 1991's other channels. As with everything else in Wergbabwe, it doesn't go very well.
- Engrish: Many fall into this occasionally, but Marcarco, a native of the Netherlands, is notable.
- When first exploring the server, a very-tired David apparently came across a waterfall. His reaction was as follows:
David: Where did water-stall com fom?
- Epic Fail: Bro gets stuck in a "hot tub" in his own house. Might also happen to Tictac: "During construction of [Nomible's] house many, many weeks ago... Mom, go away."
- Nomible tried to build a fireplace... with lava.
- The irrigation system is made of wood. Bro says it works pretty well when it's not on fire.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Abby's clay house, with a sign on it that says "lol it's a clay house". Just to clarify, he tells us it's both made of clay, and also, it's a house.
- Fan Disservice:
Puppysky: On the dance-floor, my main activity is wrapping my belly around the pole and sliding up and down...while oiled. *Slurping noises*
- Fantastic Racism: One food stand doesn't serve the French, Dutch, or Australians.
- Funny Background Event: All over the place. A notable one occurs when Psychoduck is showing off the Viking Village from a platform. While he's complaining about trees obscuring the view you might notice craters appearing in the wheat farm they had just left, courtesy of Cino.
- Paying attention to the chat text can reveal amusing dialogue. Like a debate on which is better, boobs or Minecraft (you can make boobs in Minecraft, but you can't play Minecraft on boobs).
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: When Genesis gives his tour of the hospital and another building, for some reason he tries to keep himself from using swearwords, generally saying "Son of a bee sting", but he still fails miserably at it.
- Hilarious Outtakes: There's a "Behind the Scenes" video that basically functions as this, revealing just how long it takes to film a simple scripted sequence thanks to everyone's antics to random flubs that weren't left in the final cut.
- I Resemble That Remark!: While touring the bowling alley:
Psychoduck: Got a nice feature here with automatic pin-setting. Don't need to hire 10 year-old boys to do it anymore. I'm sure Rex enjoyed that aspect, but I'm afraid it is no longer in the situation.
Rex: Hey, man, just because it's true doesn't mean you have to make fun of me for it...
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
Psychoduck: This is Page Turner's Bookshop. She was cursed with a terrible puntastic name at birth, but she worked through it and now lives somewhat happily.
- Kill It with Fire: Kind of. Apparently a running joke is that every house Nomible builds will be set on fire by the others.
- Apples get incinerated for no real reason, though.
- Lampshade Hanging: PsychoDuck constantly mentions how everyone else must love the way wood looks considering it burns. He goes on to subvert this when he reveals that he made a balcony out of wood, saying, "Stone's heavy. Stone falls."
- Large Ham: Abby's openings, until someone reminds him "You don't need to talk like that".
- Genesis when he decides he's "Strong!!!"
- Oh, No... Not Again!:
"Marcarco set his house on fire."
Several People Simultaneously: "Again?"
- Overly Long Gag: So says Dwarfio: "Looks like we found obsidian! Who wants to break it up with their bare hands? I do!" Several takes later, after he declares he's "halfway there", DJY nudges him into a pool of lava, "fucking it up".
- Non-Fatal Explosions: Someone, maybe Marcarco, was standing on a mountain when it got detonated. Despite everyone's panicked screams, he was okay. Played with by PsychoDuck: The TNT War involved three people and 600 pounds of TNT. They blasted a gigantic crater beneath the ground but only died when they managed to fall back down into it.
- Mega Corp.: PsychoDuck's "oppressive chain of fast-food restaurants", McDuckles.
- Running Gag: The place is filled with viewing platforms, as PsychoDuck can tell you. Also, almost everything has been set on fire, apparently including the irrigation system, as mentioned above.
- Scary Black Man: Cino's skin, according to Nomible. That or he's just a Politically Incorrect Hero.
Cino: "This started as a small business and as time progressed..."
Nomible: "I'm kinda scared having a black guy next to me."
- Scenery Porn: Their server has a couple examples.
Puppysky: "Look at that beautiful view..." (Camera slowly pans over Cave Town)
- Shout-Out: There's a bunch, but the two most obvious are the ones to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Shining.
- Stop Drowning and Stand Up: Genesis falls off a roof while emulating Spiderman and lands in some water. He starts crying and yelling for help, though water is less than half a block high.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Happens on-camera occasionally. Puppysky likes explosions, though: Cave Town came to be when he found a small underground area, filled it with TNT, and "blew the fuck out of it". Considering the size of Cavetown... wow.
- Again in Cavetown, and again with Puppy, he mentions he had built a tower where they had planted some trees, filled it with explosives, and blew that up as well.
- Twin Threesome Fantasy: While everybody is "sleeping" in the Viking Village. Chat dialogue had t3h_dood saying "twinnnnns" in his sleep.
- The Unintelligible: Marcarco, more or less, at a point during the tour of Kakariko Village.
- The Unseen: You can see a few signs for "Castown" in one video. When they eventually get to it, somebody is in the process of blowing it up, and it doesn't even fully render on the camera before it's been obliterated.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: "Please excuse the audible sirens in the previous shot, I think somebody fell off a building."