Created by the Gmod video maker DasBoSchitt, also known for creating the The Gmod Idiot Box
, Duke Nukem Foreverquest is an animation depicting the time before Duke Nukem Forever
came out. Starring a deliberately badly animated Duke
, it follows his quest to regain his lost money from 3DRealms after Mr. Goldblum
emptied his bank account as an incentive for Duke to get off his ass and away from the constant stream of pornography, he goes about the entire job as you would expect - massive amounts of violence to everyone, hostile or otherwise.
One subplot revolves around Metrocop #1 attempting to revive his deceased pal and creator of The G-Mod Idiot Box, DasBoSchitt after accidentally blasting his head off with a shotgun trap in Gmod Idiot Box 10
. The subplot serves as Episode 11's prequel.
You can watch it here
This work provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Duke's entire motivation for getting his money back.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: A single beer disables Duke.
- Curse Cut Short: When Duke drinks a beer.
- Groin Attack: What it takes to decimate Duke's Ego bar.
- Highly Visible Password: The entire password entry scene.
- Intoxication Ensues: After drinking one can of beer, it completely maxes out his Drunk Bar and makes him thrusterlimb around on the floor (at least as far as a ramrod-stiff character model will allow.
- Save Scumming: Duke minorly resorts to this when he falls down an empty elevator shaft.
- Shout-Out: Daleks make an appearence.
- Special Effects Failure: Invoked. Duke's Mighty Foot animation is taken directly from Duke Nukem 3D. Especially noticable in the fight scene, where he lifts off in one scene and it cuts to him using both feet at once.
- Stylistic Suck: Probably one of the most glaring examples of this, an is explored quite a bit and is a pretty major plot point. The animation on Duke is (deliberately) atrocious - He is stuck ramrod stiff, has no walking animations, his talking animations fluctuate between poor and awful, and his arm movements are very feeble looking and sounding. What's more, his Mighty Foot attack is only ever seen in first person view, with the sprites from the original game. There is a major reason for this, however: Since the previous games in the series made him rich, he has deliberately neglected his animation budget, opting to spend all of his money on porn. Probably a good time to mention that said budget clocks in at at least $6,000,000. And that's just the stuff that was reclaimed by Goldblum.
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: Played with. It's a very easy, 4 digit password that Duke himself set, but he forgot it himself, despite there being a massive hint on the screen: "I am _ _ _ _ Locked". After interrogating someone, he suddenly realises the password when the person mentions "You never really did like that vault, you always said it was just blocking your means to the babes...". The password was: I am COKB locked.
- Violence is the Only Option: At least, according to Duke. However, several people in the story are completely cooperative with him, and he still opts for violence, such as blowing up the building containing the person who he's interrogating, and repeatedly karate-chopping someone in the neck, despite him telling Duke he'd have gladly opened the vault for him.